Options

iPhone 6 and iOS 7 reportedly in development, expected to release in mid-2013

Comments

• Options
    kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Why is a shame? Content is in widescreen these days which is 16:9. Why would you want old 4:3 or close to that?

Browsing i found it when i used my sisters on xmas day to be bloody fast!

No it isn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is a shame? Content is in widescreen these days which is 16:9. Why would you want old 4:3 or close to that?

Browsing i found it when i used my sisters on xmas day to be bloody fast!

No it isn't.

And the iPad mini is quite capable of showing a 16.9 picture, bigger than a nexus 7.
  • Options
    Hugh_Hugh_ Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey when a certain user here borrows a Nexus 4 (he has borrowed every device ever made LMAO) then slags off the Nexus 4, then goes out buys one for £368 when Google sell them for £279 you can't blame him for being grumpy lol.

N-tards and their money hey,

Oh and Nexxus 7's were mentioned, when I had one it was dog slow and the screen moved when you used it lol, THE ACTUAL SCREEN MOVED....Turns out its a common fault.
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    kidspud wrote: »
    No it isn't.

Yes it is. Show me any broadcasts or films these days not in widescreen.
    And the iPad mini is quite capable of showing a 16.9 picture, bigger than a nexus 7.

Because it has a slightly larger screen. It doesn't show any more of the picture and it still lacks HD. For the price of it, it should offer much more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hugh_ wrote: »

Oh and Nexxus 7's were mentioned, when I had one it was dog slow and the screen moved when you used it lol, THE ACTUAL SCREEN MOVED....Turns out its a common fault.

I don't think the N7 is a bad machine. Actually for the price I think it is very good. However, having spent quite a while trying both out the iPad mini was a clear winner for me. I have no interest in specs if the machine performs.

Apple seem to get far better performance out of their machines which I assume is a combination of hardware and software. In fact I can't understand why a phone like the s3 with its quad chip set performs so badly in benchmarks and is no faster in real life, but that is innovation for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hey when a certain user here borrows a Nexus 4 (he has borrowed every device ever made LMAO) then slags off the Nexus 4, then goes out buys one for £368 when Google sell them for £279 you can't blame him for being grumpy lol.

More bollocks as always i see!!

I borrowed the N4 for a few days off a pal. I never once slagged it off. Google also do not at this moment sell them for £279 unless of course (again i ask) you can show me where. Oh and i paid £369..
    N-tards and their money hey,

Wow, mature!

You didn't have one. In fact, i doubt you have any of these devices you claim. The issues you apparently have are the very minor issues not many people have. You had them all.

You claim to love tech yet know absolutely sod all about it.

Oh, also, It was a fault on the first batch. Not common.

More lies and misinformation once again. Good fun though! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think the N7 is a bad machine. Actually for the price I think it is very good. However, having spent quite a while trying both out the iPad mini was a clear winner for me. I have no interest in specs if the machine performs.

Apple seem to get far better performance out of their machines which I assume is a combination of hardware and software. In fact I can't understand why a phone like the s3 with its quad chip set performs so badly in benchmarks and is no faster in real life, but that is innovation for you.

Because benchmarks are not always to be believed! The S3 is stupidly fast, faster to the eye imo than the iphone 5 yet the 5 scores higher in benchmarks!

Ive never been sure how you can run benchmarks properly on 2 completely different devices and software and come to a conclusion based on scores. I prefer to use my own eyes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it is. Show me any broadcasts or films these days not in widescreen.

Because it has a slightly larger screen. It doesn't show any more of the picture and it still lacks HD. For the price of it, it should offer much more.

As was pointed out on another thread, no movies are in 16.9. Have a look at your DVD collection or sky movies.

The film on sky movies right now has black bars top and bottom as it is not in 16.9
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As was pointed out on another thread, no movies are in 16.9. Have a look at your DVD collection or sky movies.

The film on sky movies right now has black bars top and bottom as it is not in 16.9

Some of my collection ARE in full widescreen with no bars.

This is what im trying to say, the ipad mini for me is useless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because benchmarks are not always to be believed! The S3 is stupidly fast, faster to the eye imo than the iphone 5 yet the 5 scores higher in benchmarks!

Ive never been sure how you can run benchmarks properly on 2 completely different devices and software and come to a conclusion based on scores. I prefer to use my own eyes.

Agreed, I've used my own eyes and see no difference. I don't know why that is when the S3 specs seem so much better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of my collection ARE in full widescreen with no bars.

This is what im trying to say, the ipad mini for me is useless.

Movies are not in 16.9 and the iPad mini can show 16.9 broadcasts just like the nexus.

The difference is for every other application the greater real estate makes usability better.

I'm happy I made the right choice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Movies are not in 16.9 and the iPad mini can show 16.9 broadcasts just like the nexus.

The difference is for every other application the greater real estate makes usability better.

I'm happy I made the right choice.

Some of my movies ARE in 16:9. I'm not gonna say it again!!!

I'm happy for you but what I AM saying is I didn't like it. Why is this always an issue on here? Someone doesn't like something apple make, and they are questioned to hell and back by the resident Apple DS gestapo! Its like you have to be mad not to like something apple make..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm happy for you but what I AM saying is I didn't like it. Why is this always an issue on here? Someone doesn't like something apple make, and they are questioned to hell and back by the resident Apple DS gestapo! Its like you have to be mad not to like something apple make..

Well when you describe a iPhone as next to useless you lose all credibility , even you old android muckers now distance themselves from your inate ramblings.

When you can admit the iPhone is a very good phone but you prefer the N4 maybe someone will take you seriously.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In post #55 you asked me to show any film which is not in widescreen (and the post before that you made clear that widescreen is 16.9).

I can't find a single film that is in 16.9. Of course it's not important as the nexus 7 isn't 16.9 either as was also pointed out to me the other day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In post #55 you asked me to show any film which is not in widescreen (and the post before that you made clear that widescreen is 16.9).

I can't find a single film that is in 16.9. Of course it's not important as the nexus 7 isn't 16.9 either as was also pointed out to me the other day.

Oi don't tell him the nexus isn't 16/9 , he has loads of tech knowledge remeber, he is fun to play with.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just admitt it, you want an iPhone but can't afford one. It's obvious to everyone else.

I've had an iphone 4S :confused: A 5 isnt a worthwhile upgrade.

I think everyone here will vouch for me since i posted pics of me with it when a person very much like yourself who constantly ignores parts of posts, never answered questions put to them claimed i didn't have one.

So, when did you post pics on here to prove you had what you say you have? Just you mentioned it the other day and i cant remember you ever doing that. Ive asked this 4 times now.

Also im waiting for you to tell me where i said recently that my Mrs had a 4S like you claimed.

Ah yes, and where can i get an N4 for £279 please.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oi don't tell him the nexus isn't 16/9 , he has loads of tech knowledge remeber, he is fun to play with.

Try answering the questions put to you please.

Oh and i never once said it was...
  • Options
    Forum Member

Again, i never said it was.

I have several films here in 16:9. Some home vids for instance. Again, i don't have to explain MY preference to you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have several films here in 16:9. Some home vids for instance. Again, i don't have to explain MY preference to you.

You do realise the iPad mini displays a larger 16/9 image than the nexus does dont you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You do realise the iPad mini displays a large 16/9 image than the nexus does dont you?

Since i have no interest in the device since it still runs the blandest OS to me, no. I wasn't aware of that so i shall have to go an check for myself.

Learn something every day don't you!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm not asking you to explain your preferences:confused:

It's ok, I didn't realise you classed your home vids as "films":rolleyes:

I obviously misunderstood your question in post #55:)
  • Options
    Forum Member

You are. Any time i or other uses say they don't like something apple, i and others are pounced on by users not able to understand someone has a different preference to them. Its becoming stupid!!

Ive also just pulled out 2 dvds from my collection that says 16:9 on the back. So some are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

LMAO LOL, classic...it's getting embarresing now , but it's like a car crash I just have to keep looking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LMAO LOL, classic...it's getting embarresing now , but it's like a car crash I just have to keep looking.

You ever going to answer the questions posed to you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are. Any time i or other uses say they don't like something apple, i and others are pounced on by users not able to understand someone has a different preference to them. Its becoming stupid!!

I'm not. I explained why I thought the iPad was a better choice and gave reasons. You then tried to dismiss those reasons, including claiming 4.3 aspect is a weakness. I feel I've discussed the benefits and actually shown that 16.9 is a weakness.