Options

John Travolta accused of making advances to his masseur

123457»

Comments

• Options
    AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Qantas - Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services (sorry National Pride comes out every so often )

But otherwise that seems to make a lot of sense and quiet frankly if it wasn't for the masseurs being unequal in power and control it wouldn't be any of our business.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His sexuality is no concern of ours. But the allegations concern harassment. (As ellie4265 said.)
  • Options
    The DoveThe Dove Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would argue his sexuality is of interest when both him and his wife act as unofficial spokespeople for a homophobic cult.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much too late to edit my post above, but if anyone is in any doubt about Scientology's attitude towards homosexuals, then read the story posted today by Tony Ortega of The Village Voice.
    Derek Bloch just wanted to share his story. He wanted to tell other people what he'd been through, growing up in Scientology, getting kicked out of its hardcore "Sea Org" when it turned out that he was gay, and then increasingly becoming disaffected with his parents' religion as he became more educated and learned something about human psychology.
    He wanted to say all that, but he didn't want to harm anyone, particularly his parents, who were still convinced Scientologists.
    So Derek hid his identity, writing a lengthy and emotional description of his life growing up a Scientology kid, and posted it in February at the Ex-Scientologist Message Board (ESMB), using the screen name "Adam7986" to disguise himself.
    Someone reading ESMB, however, recognized the people in Derek's story and contacted the church, which excommunicated Derek for writing it. Derek's parents, in turn, "disconnected" from him immediately. In other words, they threw him out of their lives.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/05/scientology_and_6.php
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't read ALL of that article, but I can easily believe that his mother and father suddenly became Scientologist fanatics. They sound like a real bad lot (the head Scientologists). Lets just hope that they don't increase in numbers much. I've a feeling that The Church of Scientology will destroy a lot of families before they get shut down.....if they do.
  • Options
    FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think as an organisation, scientology is now too big, too powerful and waaay too wealthy to be shut down. The people at the top have far too much to loose...

This whole JT situation has sparked my interest in scientology and I have spent too many hours reading the village voice and looking at stuff on youtube about Marty Rathbun and Hy Levy over the past few days. I also bought a book 'Blown for Good' by Marc Headley, another former scientologist, and am about halfway through reading that at the moment. It is very scary how successful it has been as a cult, especially considering how badly managed it seems to be by David Miscavige - the man needs to learn how to delegate!

Slightly off topic - the whole set-up is utterly astonishing, the shocking treatment of their own members in the name of 'religion', but the problem I now have is that although I understand what the guys at the top gain from the cult, I have yet to see why anybody would join in the first place? What exactly does scientology offer to people? What is the gain to balance out the massive cost (physically, emotionally and financially)?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, de hell with it. The moderators will remove it if it's not allowed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feVFjmt9T9w&feature=g-vrec
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fatsia wrote: »
    I think as an organisation, scientology is now too big, too powerful and waaay too wealthy to be shut down. The people at the top have far too much to loose...

This whole JT situation has sparked my interest in scientology and I have spent too many hours reading the village voice and looking at stuff on youtube about Marty Rathbun and Hy Levy over the past few days. I also bought a book 'Blown for Good' by Marc Headley, another former scientologist, and am about halfway through reading that at the moment. It is very scary how successful it has been as a cult, especially considering how badly managed it seems to be by David Miscavige - the man needs to learn how to delegate!

Slightly off topic - the whole set-up is utterly astonishing, the shocking treatment of their own members in the name of 'religion', but the problem I now have is that although I understand what the guys at the top gain from the cult, I have yet to see why anybody would join in the first place? What exactly does scientology offer to people? What is the gain to balance out the massive cost (physically, emotionally and financially)?

As far as film stars go, connections perhaps? Maybe their leader is charismatic enough to lure them in. I'm guessing The 'Church' of Scientology goes for mainly wealthy film stars.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @Fatsia, Marc and his wife Claire are good people and still trying to pursue legal action against the Church. Claire was a pupil at Greenfields School in East Sussex, a Scientology school which sends a high number of pupils into the Sea Org. Like many other Sea Org women, Claire claims she was told to abort pregnancies.

I don't think there's one magic bullet which will finish Scientology off but the global protest movement has certainly made headway.
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2148722/More-drama-John-Travolta-old-cross-dressing-photos-surface.html

"He's been accused of sexually assaulting male masseurs - but today John Travolta was heaped with fresh embarrassment after photos surfaced of him cross-dressing.

The Pulp Fiction star appears in full drag - and the pictures, published in this National Enquirer, are allegedly not for a film role."
  • Options
    asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    innocent until proven guilty. Last time i looked, cross dressing wasnt a crime - yes it's embarrasing cos it's probably something he wanted to keep private but in the grand scheme of things there's more important things going on in the world.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2148722/More-drama-John-Travolta-old-cross-dressing-photos-surface.html

"He's been accused of sexually assaulting male masseurs - but today John Travolta was heaped with fresh embarrassment after photos surfaced of him cross-dressing.

The Pulp Fiction star appears in full drag - and the pictures, published in this National Enquirer, are allegedly not for a film role."

Love the way the Daily Mail try to insinuate that a man wearing a dress is as bad as sexual assault...
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lumiere wrote: »
    Love the way the Daily Mail try to insinuate that a man wearing a dress is as bad as sexual assault...
    There is also the divorce rumours, supposed comments by Kelly Preston at top left.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lumiere wrote: »

You can't really expect anything else from The Daily Mail. Its quality of journalism is in the gutter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    You can't really expect anything else from The Daily Mail. Its quality of journalism is in the gutter.

Indeed. And they're not even looking up at the stars - they're looking up Kim Kardashian's skirt.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its in a few newspapers...
  • Options
    Wbc-WorkerWbc-Worker Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    from the same paper

' The first masseur who claimed last week that he was groped by Mr Travolta during a private massage in Beverly Hills in January was forced to drop his case after it emerged that the actor was 3,000 miles away in New York at the time of the alleged incident.But he hired celebrity lawyer Gloria Allred yesterday and was said to be considering whether or not to refile the lawsuit.

A secondmasseur who accused John Travolta of sexual battery at an Atlanta hotel in January has now also withdrawn from thesuit.The unnamedman - named only as John Doe #2 - has parted ways with lawyer Okorie Okorochabut may still pursue his case against the actor having also hired Allred.'We are in the process of conferring with him regarding the next steps, which he may wish to take,’ Ms Allred said yesterday.'

So we have someone who starts a law suit then drops a law suit { due to the 3,000 mile gap in his story } and then may start a second law suit and if that is shot down may start a third law suit.

most people look at The National Enquirer magazine as a joke.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Enquirer is a joke really...

However is preston Pro Scientology? I kinda worry for her kids if she divorces him
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geneve wrote: »
    The Enquirer is a joke really...

However is preston Pro Scientology? I kinda worry for her kids if she divorces him

In my opinion, Travolta needs to have custody of his kids because if he doesn't, they might be brought up with all of the freaky and damn right disturbing views that Scientology has. That's one bad cult, in my opinion.
  • Options
    Tamryn29Tamryn29 Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From everything i have heard about Scientology, it wouldn't suprise me if he's trying to leave it behind. We've all heard the rumours he's been wanting to get out of it for a long time now, and this media s**t-storm is apparently the kind of thing that happens to you if you attempt it.
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelly interview about keeping her marriage strong. It was recorded a few months ago
    http://www.theconversation.tv/clips/extra-kelly-preston-on-keeping-her-marriage-strong/

I think the whole interview will be aired in the next few weeks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tamryn29 wrote: »
    From everything i have heard about Scientology, it wouldn't suprise me if he's trying to leave it behind. We've all heard the rumours he's been wanting to get out of it for a long time now, and this media s**t-storm is apparently the kind of thing that happens to you if you attempt it.

I'm guessing they'll try and make as difficult as possible for him if he's successful in getting out of their disturbing (from what I've read and the videos I've seen) cult.
  • Options
    Tamryn29Tamryn29 Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I'm guessing they'll try and make as difficult as possible for him if he's successful in getting out of their disturbing (from what I've read and the videos I've seen) cult.

I don't know if thats whats going on, it just seems a little coincidental that, in particular since the death of his son Jett, there have been rumours flying about that he wants to break free of the 'religion' and now all this stuff is 'coming out' about him when it's heavily rumoured that the first thing they do when you try and leave is destroy you. And now we have this media assasination attempt on him. I'll be reserving judgement for the time being.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, media assassination. I guess if he never made another film ever again he could still maintain a high living standard till he died. So he could just tell them to go fvck themselves or let Xenu do the deed. It's not the end of the world to be out.