So what would have happened if Will did not turn around for the last guy

2»

Comments

• gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gregg_LUFC wrote: »
    How is this proof?? It's just your word against someone else's

Oh purlease! For the final time, I was there, in the studio, at the last blind audition. I watched 12 acts have an audition, and Will waited for the last person as he "felt" someone great would come along last. And that is all.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillypanda wrote: »
    Oh purlease! For the final time, I was there, in the studio, at the last blind audition. I watched 12 acts have an audition, and Will waited for the last person as he "felt" someone great would come along last. And that is all.

Thanks. Sadly this will not appease the conspiracy theorists who have provided no proof whatsoever to back up their claims.
  • muzungumuzungu Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    Surely if it was a fix, they would have brought someone in who could really sing.

Will was audibly left with the last chicken in the buther shop and he had to pick him. So that's why he prettended to hear something special after a few seconds in order to justify his choice.

He had quite a few critical words for him afterwards to let the audience know he isn't completely tone-deaf.
  • Gregg_LUFCGregg_LUFC Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    gillypanda wrote: »

This still isn't proof though
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    muzungu wrote: »
    Surely if it was a fix, they would have brought someone in who could really sing.

Will was audibly left with the last chicken in the buther shop and he had to pick him. So that's why he prettended to hear something special after a few seconds in order to justify his choice.

He had quite a few critical words for him afterwards to let the audience know he isn't completely tone-deaf.

I think he always intended to turn quickly having convinced himself the last person was going to be amazing so it was quite amusing for us as viewers but it certainly turned into a face saving exercise.

It just proves what a sham the whole thing is. It has very little to do with The Voice and everything to do with the pride and stupidity of the coaches.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he always intended to turn quickly having convinced himself the last person was going to be amazing so it was quite amusing for us as viewers but it certainly turned into a face saving exercise.
    There was no point in waiting at that point, so he might as well make the singer feel good and boost their confidence.
    It just proves what a sham the whole thing is. It has very little to do with The Voice and everything to do with the pride and stupidity of the coaches.
    It did seem like a flawed strategy to me. There was no point in the production keeping the best until last, because when the teams get full the live auditions end and the last singer would never get to sing, so we wouldn't know they were special.

Keeping the best until second-to-last, on the other hand, does make sense. It did seem like the last few singers were very strong, and better than the final one. I suppose it's possible Will was told to wait, just so's the production could seem to taunt him.