Cucumber Banana Tofu

Comments

• pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was a weird episode, not sure how to feel about it.

Next weeks finale look interesting. Cleo crying. Henry crying. Freddie looking like he's running like mad to find/stop someone... I'm predicting another death...
  • nigel12nigel12 Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we cared about Henry this would work but I dont! Last weeks episode was great half of this was just about how when gays are together all we do is talk about sex apparently!!!
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am liking this Banana story already
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    Is it just me or is Frank not that bad looking? A bit nerdy maybe, but nothing terrible.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me or is Frank not that bad looking? A bit nerdy maybe, but nothing terrible.

It was so funny when he pushed him into the alley cause he didn't want to be seen with him. :D
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Banana was really sad at the end. That guy is me :-((
  • SOAPYFANSOAPYFAN Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Banana was quite sad!:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    nick202 wrote: »
    Banana was really sad at the end. That guy is me :-((

The hot Welsh one? :D
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aiden is just gorgeous!
    Forum Member
    The hot Welsh one? :D

I wish!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    nick202 wrote: »
    I wish!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. He was incredible superficial anyway. No wonder he was unhappy.
    Forum Member
    Just that last scene with the guy almost crying and sat by himself amongst all those couples got to me
  • Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    That was depressing :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That was depressing :(

Very true to life though :(
  • LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The end of Cucumber felt like a series finale, didn't it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LolaSvelt wrote: »
    The end of Cucumber felt like a series finale, didn't it?

Hope for a reasonable ending as RTD has said it's not going to series 2
  • waz101waz101 Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dislike Freddie more with every episode! It's always all about him! Reminds me of a miserable Russell sat in the corner in Napoleons in Manchester 30 years ago.

As for Cucumber easy way out would have been to say you have to work? Interesting that it was written by Lee Warburton who was Tony Horrocks in Coronation St though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »

Next weeks finale look interesting. Cleo crying. Henry crying. Freddie looking like he's running like mad to find/stop someone... I'm predicting another death...

Link to the preview please? I don't know where to find this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I thought episode 7 was dreadful and it completely undone the good work of episode 6.

I genuinely hope that Freddie gets killed off in the last episode. It would be a fitting end to an awful person.
  • jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 7 of Cucumber actually was better than I thought it would be. I thought the last eppy was brilliant although the previous episodes were ok, but didn't really grab me. I expected to feel like that again. I think part of me wanted to see Henry upset, as I always felt he came across quite shallow, so was very glad we did get to see that. I also thought the part in the loo, where Cliff stands at the door while Henry is sobbing in the cubicle was really effective.

I've had no time for Freddie really, but it was nice to see a ever so slightly human side to him. I didn't mind the part in the car, but the bit where Henry gets upset and says about Lance waiting annoyed me. Like Lance should let Henry have his mid life crisis, stay at home and be waiting paitiently for him until Henry got over it. I got Henry was mourning and frustrated, but like I don't think you can blame Henry for Lance dying, I don't think you can blame Lance for trying to get on with his life, while Henry petted his Freddie obsession and urge for one last c**k thing he banged on about.

So for me, I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. I got to see a more human Henry, which took it's time coming.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    By chance, I recognised 'Henry' from a scene he appeared in, in the film Vera Drake which was also on last night. Don't remember ever seeing him in anything before Cucumber, probably didn't notice him.
  • malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,639
    Forum Member
    I didn't watch Cucumber last night but did catch Banana and really enjoyed it, even though the end was actually quite sad.

The part where Aiden was describing how he would be after x amount of days in a relationship with Frank I could totally relate to, having been on the receiving end of a relationship like that in the past.

That whole "first day" feeling I felt was very relatable too.

Will Banana be finishing up next week as well?
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite frustrating really because parts of the episode were really good - i think the actors can act when given the right material.

However other parts were a bit rubbish, i think it was too variable and also after last weeks fantastic episode it was probably always going to struggle. I think the drama parts of the episodes work well but the comedy elements are the parts that are not very good and where it struggles.

It did seem like a final episode at the end.

Looks more dramatic next week and for that i am glad.
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    What? Henry gets to party? Happy ever after?

No way would that work for me.

I'm not sure RTD will 'punish' Henry much more for his callousness than a bit of sobbing in the bog but I couldn't have tolerated it ending with him just booting out Marie (not that I like her either).

So I'm all agog for next week. Justice would say that there's quite a lot of come-uppance left to occur but I know life's not like that. Maybe Freddie will get rejected by someone? At least THAT.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What? Henry gets to party? Happy ever after?

No way would that work for me.

I'm not sure RTD will 'punish' Henry much more for his callousness than a bit of sobbing in the bog but I couldn't have tolerated it ending with him just booting out Marie (not that I like her either).

So I'm all agog for next week. Justice would say that there's quite a lot of come-uppance left to occur but I know life's not like that. Maybe Freddie will get rejected by someone? At least THAT.

He was rejected by someone. The waiter at the funeral because he was too old.
This discussion has been closed.