The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 57)

Comments

• 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Let's get really real about the UK act.

The song WON'T be out there already.

Anyone claiming to be in the know is likely to be telling porkies - remember the gamut of artists we went through last year before we ended 'pon Molly.

That Tweet indicates to me that the song was the person's favourite but wasn't the final chosen song.

The BBC have embargoed the buggery out of song and artist. A handful of people will know, and they'll all be strictly forbidden from even hinting.
  • contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    my bottom 3
    Finland
    Germany
    whatever Portugal sends

Your slightly older sister will be mad (well she couldn't be your mum ;-)) :D
  • kobiashimaruxkobiashimarux Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    da33431 wrote: »
    I'm on the Simone stannah stairlift to Vienna. Who's onboard??? :D

A big yay with jazz hands :D:D
    Forum Member
    da33431 wrote: »
    I think they are mostly my Top 5 too, spooky :D. I really like Malta too :blush: and Spain!

And just when you think it's safe to go to bed:

@tchuqo: The account which leaked Molly is telling me that my suspected Golden Five by Wonder Villains is the uk entry. Kill me now. #eurovision

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=f1cI627G7FE

That Terry Wogan is a sneaky little tell tale isnt he. :D:o
    Forum Member
    Ratings 2014 - 8.79m (41.9%) : peak 10.60m (55.8%) consolidated 8.94 million (39.9%)

End of.

Agree with you Vaux:D
  • Edwin OkliEdwin Okli Posts: 4,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We know that they probably didn't leave it as late as last year to pick the entry. I think they knew which one they wanted and they just decided to go for it instead of umming and ahhing. It's a good sign. I'm looking forward to it.
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless it actually leaks today im going to let it be a real surprise tomorrow. I dont finish work till 9 anyways, so stay off the forum tomorrow and it really will be an exciting reveal
    Forum Member
    BigBmad wrote: »
    Unless it actually leaks today im going to let it be a real surprise tomorrow. I dont finish work till 9 anyways, so stay off the forum tomorrow and it really will be an exciting reveal

You're barely on it...stay off it any more and we'll never hear from you...;-)
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Massively excited for the reveal tomorrow. It's so nice to actually be able to feel positive about our entry after the dark days of the noughties. Although I do agree with whoever said that with the number of submissions they apparently had it surely wouldn't have been too much bother to organise a national final. Maybe for next year, eh?
  • Shar_dsShar_ds Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, at least it's unlikely that our selection will turn down the chance to go to Vienna!
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have important work to do, but I'd much rather make a "UK entry reactions" bingo. Anyone have any suggestions?:D
  • Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,371
    Forum Member
    Pandora. wrote: »
    I have important work to do, but I'd much rather make a "UK entry reactions" bingo. Anyone have any suggestions?:D

"I'm leaving the country asap" :D
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exciting
    Forum Member

From Joe Public or this forum...:D Both are equally as funny...:D
  • EuroFoxiEuroFoxi Posts: 12,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"Oh, another nobody."
    "Not good enough for normal tv."
    "They should've let us have a say"
    "We won't qualify" :D
    "Nil Poi"
    "Every other country gets to decide"
    "Last again"
    "We should pull out of this crap"
    "Bring back Terry Wogan"

They are public reactions, obvs, not mine. :D
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"OMG We Are Going To Win" :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    contejas wrote: »
    From Joe Public or this forum...:D Both are equally as funny...:D
    I was thinking from the "knowledgeable" masses, but one of each might be worth doing. :D

Loving the ideas so far. :D
  • rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my bottom 3
    Finland
    Germany
    whatever Portugal sends
    And I thought you were one of the few here who actually appreciates our entry... :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping for something amazing from Russia (when they actually get round to remembering about Eurovision). I usually love their entries.
  • rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping for something amazing from Russia (when they actually get round to remembering about Eurovision). I usually love their entries.
    And I usually hate their entries :D But at least I hope for something not quite so hypocritic from them this year... >:(

And hoping for something Turkish-sounding from the Azeri, to make up for the lack of Turkey ;)
    Forum Member
    rosetta12 wrote: »
    And I thought you were one of the few here who actually appreciates our entry... :cry:

Dont worry its a floating list in my head right now. it will probabaly rise as i collate the list. its not likely to be posted until i hear all the songs. I do appreaciate the entry but there are so many others i like right now. Im in process of re-listening to them and putting in in order. I think though Germany and Portugal will be statying formly at the bottom . Portugal's stuff is way too dire to even be bothered with, although the thought of *maggie Smith* going to vienna amuses me. Yes yes i know she own twice in the past but that was many many years ago.
    Forum Member
    rosetta12 wrote: »

And hoping for something Turkish-sounding from the Azeri, to make up for the lack of Turkey ;)

That would be excellent. ;-)
    Forum Member
    Excited for the uk reveal................sort of. Hope its worth all the hype.
    Forum Member

We need another woooo
  • Shar_dsShar_ds Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking from the "knowledgeable" masses, but one of each might be worth doing. :D

Loving the ideas so far. :D

"I prefer Finland"
    "Why couldn't they just have picked a nice ballad"
    "I hate Scott Mills"
    "Lose the drummer"/"Needs a drummer"
    "This wouldn't get out of the semis"/"We should push to be in the semis"
This discussion has been closed.