Options

more Biffa Tweedy cobblers...

Comments

• Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she was doing so well then along came nicole scherzinger who not only blasted her performace wise (but was a bloody good judge also)

Cheryl hasnt been the same since then IMO.out of the two give me Nicole as a judge anyday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people like Cheryl and some don't. It doesn't make any side any more or less pathetic. Why stir things up with sweeping generalisations?

Well he was right in the sense that 90% of the 'news' is BS and some people take it for gospel.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people like Cheryl and some don't. It doesn't make any side any more or less pathetic. Why stir things up with sweeping generalisations?

Exactly. You can dislike someone you've never met in exactly the same why that you can LIKE someone you've never met.

For example, I like Rihanna. I just do, I find her charismatic, bubbly and I love her music. Whereas I don't like Cheryl. I just don't. I find her overrated, insincere and I hate her music.

But apparently that's not ok by the Cheryl fans. Unacceptable to think that their idol/princess/icon/inspiration is anything but a saint and loved by all :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cm1992 wrote: »
    Well he was right in the sense that 90% of the 'news' is BS and some people take it for gospel.

I think you'll find that mostly on here FMs are perfectly wise to the fact that the papers/DS etc print absolute rubbish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the poster was referring to just this thread.
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    I think you'll find that mostly on here FMs are perfectly wise to the fact that the papers/DS etc print absolute rubbish.

I said as much.
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly. You can dislike someone you've never met in exactly the same why that you can LIKE someone you've never met.

For example, I like Rihanna. I just do, I find her charismatic, bubbly and I love her music. Whereas I don't like Cheryl. I just don't. I find her overrated, insincere and I hate her music.

But apparently that's not ok by the Cheryl fans. Unacceptable to think that their idol/princess/icon/inspiration is anything but a saint and loved by all :rolleyes:
    Exactly. There is no rhyme or reason for why we like some but not others. I like Britney. She can't sing for toffee and her dancing ain't what it used to be but I still like her. I don't like Cheryl. I don't by into the image of a strong, feisty woman. I think she's a weak, spoiled brat. Doesn't make me right, it's just the feel I get from her. If other people think she's the bees knees, then that's their business.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said as much.

Erm, eh? I meant that FMs in general on DS forums, not on this thread.

This particular FM did the usual - came storming on in to defend Cheryl when actually nobody was saying anything except how hilariously false the story was. And as a result looked a bit silly.

When threads do slag off Cheryl, they're usually threads about her possibly getting the job on USXF etc, and usually consist of posts that acknowledge that its all just speculation.

Most people on here don't like her, I'd just get used to it if I were you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. There is no rhyme or reason for why we like some but not others. I like Britney. She can't sing for toffee and her dancing ain't what it used to be but I still like her. I don't like Cheryl. I don't by into the image of a strong, feisty woman. I think she's a weak, spoiled brat. Doesn't make me right, it's just the feel I get from her. If other people think she's the bees knees, then that's their business.

Agreed :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but how did this get onto liking Cheryl? I thought I was commenting on the validity of Cheryl stories and people believing them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but how did this get onto liking Cheryl? I thought I was commenting on the validity of Cheryl stories and people believing them.

And mary patricia and myself were commenting on the defence of Cheryl from a FM that slags off anyone who doesn't like her. It's not all about you, you know ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That works both ways. Whey Cheryl reportedly does something good, it will be repeated by fans as gospel. Even things that are correctly reported are going to be interpreted differently.

Prince Charles Trust
    Fan: Cheryl doing her bit and giving back to Newcastle because she's a humble girl who never forgot her roots
    Non Fan: Cheap, tacky PR stunt by two publicity leeches who couldn't give a flying sh!te about anyone else unless it makes them look good.

Accepting £250,000 for Charity Gig
    Fan: Cheryl has worked hard and if her appearance raises money then why shouldn't she get paid?
    Non Fan: Cheryl is a money grabbing fame **** who could easily have done the gig for free (or only charged expenses).

There is no truth in showbiz gossip, only perspective.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And mary patricia and myself were commenting on the defence of Cheryl from a FM that slags off anyone who doesn't like her. It's not all about you, you know ;)

Oh right. I didn't notice any slagging going on.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That works both ways. Whey Cheryl reportedly does something good, it will be repeated by fans as gospel. Even things that are correctly reported are going to be interpreted differently.

Prince Charles Trust
    Fan: Cheryl doing her bit and giving back to Newcastle because she's a humble girl who never forgot her roots
    Non Fan: Cheap, tacky PR stunt by two publicity leeches who couldn't give a flying sh!te about anyone else unless it makes them look good.

Accepting £250,000 for Charity Gig
    Fan: Cheryl has worked hard and if her appearance raises money then why shouldn't she get paid?
    Non Fan: Cheryl is a money grabbing fame **** who could easily have done the gig for free (or only charged expenses).

There is no truth in showbiz gossip, only perspective.

The Prince Charles thing was a rare true Cheryl story as we got the pictures and details. I don't think you get paid to do charity events.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There is a pattern forming.

when shes not on Xfactor these silly stories seem to come out.Its like that Daily Fail story a few weeks ago she was gaining loads of weight (when in fact she looked perfect and still a lot lot slimmer than when Girls aloud was created)

I would love her working again with Girls aloud IMO its what shes best at.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Here:
    guffybear wrote: »
    joke journalism it may be but some suckers are reading it
    Ajar wrote: »
    and believing every word in it, pathetic, isn't it?

Everyone is guilty of believing stories when they want to. If you like someone you'll only see the good in them, if you don't, you'll see their faults. It's not pathetic, it's human nature.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Calm down, people! No reason to be so verbally aggressive over a comment that wasn't directed to anyone in particular. jeez! :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Prince Charles thing was a rare true Cheryl story as we got the pictures and details. I don't think you get paid to do charity events.
    Both stories are true. I'm just saying that even when the story is true, people see it with different eyes. Charity is big business and celebs make a fortune through appearances. Cheryl won't be the first or last to do it Whitney Houston gets paid $1.4 million for charity gig :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ajar wrote: »
    Calm down, people! No reason to be so verbally aggressive over a comment that wasn't directed to anyone in particular. jeez! :mad:
    Nobody is being verbally aggressive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    Is this the right moment to say I think she is a talentless,overhyped punchy chav?:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both stories are true. I'm just saying that even when the story is true, people see it with different eyes. Charity is big business and celebs make a fortune through appearances. Cheryl won't be the first or last to do it Whitney Houston gets paid $1.4 million for charity gig :eek:

Well then someone has f***ed up big time if celebrities are getting paid for charity gigs! Just out of interest, which charity gig was it Cheryl was paid for?

Yes I agree that people make up their own assumptions on a person and it sticks but the racism row last year was a farse. I don't know why anyone would believe that story.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I do agree Cheryl is a Marmite Celeb people either love or loathe.

those trashy 1 pound mags dont help her cause (normally a picture of her looking like she has trapped wind on the cover) then a total nonstory inside.

did sticking with Ashley that first time damage her image? I think it did.Sent out totally the wrong signal.

a wealthy,attractive woman being made to look like a fool for a 2nd time.thats the Danger when the Media line you up as a role model.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well then someone has f***ed up big time if celebrities are getting paid for charity gigs! Just out of interest, which charity gig was it Cheryl was paid for?
    Persoally I agree. The celebs who reach the big time will have more money than they need to live their life. I know it is their choice but I really don't think it would kill them to do a gig for free Cheryl pockets £225,000 for 35 min breast cancer gig.
    Yes I agree that people make up their own assumptions on a person and it sticks but the racism row last year was a farse. I don't know why anyone would believe that story.
    I am not a fan of Cheryl but even I had to stand up for her during Gamugate. Cheryl is a lot of things but she's clearly not a racist :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oathy wrote: »

those trashy 1 pound mags dont help her cause (normally a picture of her looking like she has trapped wind on the cover) then a total nonstory inside.

did sticking with Ashley that first time damage her image? I think it did.Sent out totally the wrong signal.

a wealthy,attractive woman being made to look like a fool for a 2nd time.thats the Danger when the Media line you up as a role model.
    Cheyrl is also one of those celebs who needs the media exposure to stay relevant. I'm sure there are times when she'd like to tell them to eff off but she can't. She has to play ball. She really has backed herself into a corner with all this Nation's Sweetheart nonsense. When she was in Girls Aloud she was known as the gobby one and even people who didn't like her at least found her interesting.

This new polished Cheryl is boring, fake and more to the point, not sustainable. The first year she managed to charm everyone with her shiny new pr image but three years later the polish really has started to wear off. Trouble is now people think she is changing, when really she's just being herself. I don't see where she can go after XF. She's getting too old to play the coy, vulnerable girl next door and doesn't really have any talent to stand on her own feet.

The media will find a new Nation's Sweetheart to write about and we can all move on from poor Cheryl. Unfortunately for her the media like to extract their pound of flesh and I'm sure they will milk her down fall for all it's worth.
  • Options
    maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Persoally I agree. The celebs who reach the big time will have more money than they need to live their life. I know it is their choice but I really don't think it would kill them to do a gig for free Cheryl pockets £225,000 for 35 min breast cancer gig.

I am more annoyed at the cancer charity paying her all that:mad: Men, women and children have pounded the streets running for donations, done other things for free in their spare time , run for life etc for them to give her all that for a half an hour appearence of miming a few songs from her album bloody disgusting!! unless that is a BS story also but a few papers reported this at the time, so im not sure but it does not look good at all.. next time i am donating to the charity i will be very aware of how this time it will be spent hopefully on what it should be research into cancer!!!
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »

No it didn't. It made her into the nation's sweetheart. When the second batch of allegations came forth, she was even more popular.
    She was seen as a gobby greedy chav prior to these allegations. In fact I'm surprised there hasn't been crowned St.Cheryl. In all my years, I cannot remember the last time I saw such an angelisation and demonisation. I honestly haven't seen anything like it.