Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer 7/10
    The film follows the court cases on the Russian feminist/Putinist punk-rock protest group Pussy Riot. Heart breaking to watch, whether you agree with what they did or not, their treatment by Russian authorities is scary to say the least.

The Great Hip Hop Hoax 3/10
    A documentary film a Scottish hip-hop duo called Silibil N' Brains, who pretended to be Americans to secure a record deal with Sony.
    Really bad, poorly made, engaging 'band' and not much of a hoax. Very misleading title, to be honest, it was quite boring.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drowning by Numbers 7/10
    I like most of Greenaway's work and hadn't seen this one for a long time so it was good to see it on Film4
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2012 ...8/10 ..despite the far fetched scenes like the car journey to the airport and the airplane journey with a rookie pilot its highly entertaining !
  • KathyFan12KathyFan12 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    Jfk (1991) 10/10
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Island [2005]. Director: Michael Bay

6/10

Dystopian SF with people running everywhere and blowing things up. Steve Buscemi's character has some good lines but he's not in it much.
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alien resurrection . 3rd best movie in the alien series . Liked some of the new ideas ie the aliens swimming. However kinda let down by some of the out of pace humour.
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yoso (1963) 8/10
    Escape From Hong Kong Island (Mak dau sin sang) (2004) 8/10
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    The Wolverine: Extended Cut - 8/10

Warning for those expecting the regular blu-ray version to be extended - it isn't. It's only included with the 3D version.....even though extended is only available in 2D :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Vacancy 2 ( on movie mix last night or other night, i recorded it)

This one has more blood shed in it, and was good, i did prefer it to the first

also looks like there could be a 3rd one :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Goal! [2005]. Director: Danny Cannon

6/10

Mexican kid dreams of playing football for a big club and ends up at Newcastle needing to score in injury time to grab 4th spot. Cameos from Shearer, Beckham, Raul & Zidane.
  • InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    Devil

Erm, was interesting but made little sense. Good that it was short(ish). Wouldn't watch it again
    5/10
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Spy Who Loved Me

One of my favourite Bond films.

8/10
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wolverine. Best bit was the mid credit extra scene....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Annapolis [2006]. Director: Justin Lin

4/10

The producers must have been uncertain whether to make a military academy movie or a boxing movie. So they just made a crap movie.
  • Froggie72Froggie72 Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    Philomena - 8/10 - Judy Dench as brilliant as ever, Steve Coogan a revelation. Great mix of sadness and laughter. Superb
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Godfather, on Blu-ray. Great film. Kept my full attention for three hours. Again.
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Legend Of A Duel To The Death (Shito no densetsu) (1963) 8.5/10
    Time Without Pity (1957) 7.5/10
  • MicknsivMicknsiv Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    KathyFan12 wrote: »
    Jfk (1991) 10/10

Brilliant film. One criticism though is I find it to be a little bit too long. It's over 3 hours isn't it? I might be wrong. Costner was on a roll in the late eighties/early nineties though. He made a few classics (not including Robin Hood in that obviously).
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Despicable Me 2 - Fabulous animated fun, brilliantly voiced characters 9/10
  • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Callas Forever - A very disappointing 6/10
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Blackfish (2013) 6/10
    Was in the cinema in the Summer, but BBC4 have been showing alot of cinema documentaries of late, under the Storyville strand.
    This was very sad, much like it's predecessor The Cove. IT deals with mistreatment of Killer Whales in venues such as Seaworld, it is very sad and distressing to watch. Such cruelty is vile. It is not the best made documentary I've ever seen by a longhsot, and I feel it could have been put together alot better, it is screaming out for some decent editing and better interviews etc, all that said I would recommend it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Finally got round to watching Les Miserables. 10/10. Absolutely brilliant film.
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disneys , a Christmas carol. Starring Jim Carrey .
    First time I'd seem it surprisingly and I thought it was brilliant . Much better than the directors other animated film Polar Express.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Se7en
  • SandsssSandsss Posts: 3,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luc Besson's The Family

6/10

Wasn't the best but certainly not terrible as other critics had made out. Worth seeing just to see Michelle Pfeiffer back on the big screen.
This discussion has been closed.