pet insurance question..need advice please!

tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have a six month old kitten who had an accident in the house. I took him to the vet who found no serious injury and said he had taken a bit of a knock to his leg and prescribed painkillers for a couple of days. The cost was half the excess on my pet insurance so I just paid it and took my kitten home. Now I'm wondering if I have to inform the insurance company about such a minor injury. I've never dealt with pet insurance before and I don't want to adversely affect any possible future claims. Has anyone had this experience? I would be grateful for any advice.

Comments

• riversmumriversmum Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't tell them unless I was claiming or it was something that I may need to claim for in a few weeks. You can't tell them every little thing your dog/cat goes to the vet for. If you haven't made a claim ever when you do they'll ask for a print out from your vet of all treatment to date - they only ask for it once just to make sure you're not claiming for something that was pre existing before you took out the insurance.

Hope your cat is ok.
  • tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice, I've only had small animals before so all of this is very new to me and I'm just worrying about everything!