Options

Any one here got crazy relatives?

Neil_NNeil_N Posts: 6,026
Forum Member
My aunt (My Mum's half-sister) is absolutely crazy. She has two partners - one who she had her younger two kids with and keeps the home, and another she goes off on weekends with which is a black man. Add to that, she doesn't pay rent on her home making a story up and the home is trashed up. She blasts reggae music out loud so the whole neighbourhood can hear it.

Adding to that; she exploited a local church over Christmas for free food, as they said she was in poverty. Her oldest son refused to eat any of the food out of principle as he said it was morally wrong. She had two transvestites live with her, who she ripped off money. My other sister and her two daughters (23 and 21) went over to see her and she said watch the trannies put make up on, you might learn something.

She goes off with her secret husband every week, and attends a lot of reggae concerts.

Anyone else have barmy relatives?

Comments

• Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I am the crazy relative in my family.
  • Options
    Neil_NNeil_N Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member
    I think out of my Mum's kids - it's me and my oldest sister who is two years younger than me who are the crazy ones. Obviously it's nothing on our aunt's level.
  • Options
    ChristopherJChristopherJ Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a crazy uncle who liked drawing comics. Here's a website of all his drawings I put up a couple of years ago.
  • Options
    itscoldoutsideitscoldoutside Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have some family in the country.

They always fight over Facebook and go on drunken binges, they are both married to women double their age, and have kids with them. One had an affair with the mate of one of these woman, again double their age.

Must be a different world down there.
  • Options
    NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a cousin who is pretty screwed up because of childhood abuse and drug problems. She is on anti-psychotics and although she calmed down, she now thinks she is someone completely different and even refers to herself by another name.

I also have some extremely religious relatives in the village of Ballachulish. I'm talking cult-religious here.
  • Options
    HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My blood relatives are fairly sane but I married into a bunch who make the Borgias look like the Waltons.
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My brother has bi-polar disorder and was sectioned a couple of years ago after spraying lighter gas onto his abdomen and setting fire to it.

I also had a barmy uncle who rode motorbikes and crashed them on a regular basis. Among my early memories is one of waking at night and hearing raucous laughter coming from the kitchen. I got up to investigate and found Uncle Brian bent over the kitchen table with his pants and trousers round his ankles, while my mother, a nurse, removed gravel from his buttocks with a pair of tweezers. He'd come off his bike (again) just round the corner from our house, and came to ours as it was nearer than the hospital.

He died tragically young, but from a heart attack rather than anything motorcycle related.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arcana wrote: »
    I am the crazy relative in my family.

Me too.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    I have some family in the country.

They always fight over Facebook and go on drunken binges, they are both married to women double their age, and have kids with them. One had an affair with the mate of one of these woman, again double their age.

Must be a different world down there.

What part of the country? I live in the country and there's no shenanigans like that going on here!! :D
  • Options
    CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a crazy uncle who liked drawing comics. Here's a website of all his drawings I put up a couple of years ago.

I'm enjoying this website :blush:

I really wish I knew the background to each drawing though- they're like little nuggets of an (obviously) interesting mind
  • Options
    JaggySplintersJaggySplinters Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Namira wrote: »

I also have some extremely religious relatives in the village of Ballachulish. I'm talking cult-religious here.

Is it the 'wee frees'?
  • Options
    itscoldoutsideitscoldoutside Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What part of the country? I live in the country and there's no shenanigans like that going on here!! :D

I think its near kings lynn I have been down there for years.
  • Options
    miss_astridmiss_astrid Posts: 1,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too.

Me three - and proud of it! :D

No one really crazy in my family. My OH's family, on the other hand... well, I'd rather not get started, because I'll never finish! :blush:
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I have a cousin who was sectioned for taking an overdose
  • Options
    NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it the 'wee frees'?

Aye :blush:

I remember visiting there when I was a kid. It was like being in the 1800s. I got in trouble for speaking English, they only spoke Gaelic. My Gaelic was awful, so I basically didn't talk at all.
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crazy as in idiots/assholes: yes but I'm not going further than that as I wouldn't want anyone to find out and end up getting a hard time. Which is possible.

Crazy as in eccentric/cool/funny: also yes
  • Options
    amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, sadly we have some vicious relatives, two of which are full on sociopath's, an Aunt and cousin. The cousin even lied and got her husband put in prison, no remorse. So many other things too which I cannot bear to put here.

My Aunt is very manipulative and makes people do her bidding while also insulting them too. When her husband died she didn't go in the ambulance but did the housework instead and I had to deal with the hospital. She is malicious and actually has admitted many times over that someone who maybe refuses to do things for her she will destroy and how happy she is when she hurts someone. She was annoyed at a neighbour and started a malicious rumour he was a paedophile.
    They love to ruin things and hate when things go great for others, manipulate the whole family, even at times of crisis.

They cannot reach me as I know their games but they've hurt my Mother many times over, usually together. So yeah not good people and bat crap crazy.

I have other 'normal' crazies in the family too, one Aunt was so funny, she once had to give a urine sample to the Dr and they gave her the vial, she urinated in the plastic bag they put the sample pot in and the receptionist said she was meant to go in the vial and she told her in no uncertain terms that the vial was for men to put their penis in!!!! :o:blush: