What happened to Catherine Tate's 'Nan' ?

Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
Forum Member
✭✭
It came back for one episode which was supposed to be an introduction to a full series....yet nothing else has came :/

Comments

• TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    It was never going to be a full series, just a festive on-off.
  • Mr.LavigneMr.Lavigne Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was it even festive? Wasn't it just on a random Saturday night?
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was more festering than festive.
    The material was thin on the ground and derivative for one episode, never mind a series.
  • Hairy_CaramelHairy_Caramel Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Hopefully the talentless cow will never be on screen again.
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a test program to see how well the audience reacted to it/how many viewers. Not festive or anything like that.

If got enough ti was going to be turned into a full series which would mean having to start filming etc. This is probably what they're doing now/planning to do assuming BBC were happy with the audience figures etc.

So a series was never going to come straight away.
  • eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a pilot and I loved it. Hopefully a series will materialise later in the year
  • AndyAndy Posts: 1,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a pilot. I'm hoping it performed well enough/received enough reaction to get picked up for the full series.

It doesn't have to be many - maybe 4/5 episodes in different scenarios.

She's not to everyone's taste (what is?) but I love Catherine Tate and the character of Nan so I shall keep my fingers crossed.
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it. It seems to have divided opinion though, like marmite people either loved it or loathed it.:D
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    It was the funniest thing on last year over Christmas / New Year.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Used to be funny but now it's boring. There is only so much you can do with an elderly, cantankerous, foul mouthed, racist old biddy.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    May be she just f***ed off. :p
  • BritFlicks1BritFlicks1 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed it. I hope she does more specials, if not a series.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope it does get a full series. Thought we might have heard by now though.

I wonder if the BBC are worried of having too many foul mouthed Granny's on the TV? maybe with Mrs Browns Boys they felt Nan wasn't needed? :(
  • scotchscotch Posts: 10,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the episode at Christmas. Hope there will be more on the way
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not much has happened to her then. She is still giving people a load of hassle.
  • Bryant N MayBryant N May Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed the pilot but hope it isn't made into a series.

I find with a lot of characters in the Catherine Tate Show/Fast Show and the like it's a case of less is more. Even when they're on every week in their small doses I think the fact that it's basically the same joke churned out again and again wears a bit thin.

Occasional specials possibly around Christmas would be sufficient for the Nan character maybe with surprise guest stars like Catherine Tate used to have in the specials of the original show.
  • james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully the talentless cow will never be on screen again.

Tate or the nan?
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was more festering than festive.
    The material was thin on the ground and derivative for one episode, never mind a series.

It was dreadful. I have the DVDs of her series` so I`m no hater but "Nan" was one of the worst things that aired last year.