Wolf Creek 2

FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
Forum Member
✭✭
I don't think it can top the first one, not many sequels can, but has anyone seen it yet and give their opinion on it without ruining it?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    oh is it out then ? on dvd ?
  • MadeInHarryMadeInHarry Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've watched. Definitely wasn't as good as the first one but it was ok. I mean there's this one scene which just goes on forever and seems like it takes up the whole movie. The sad thing is you need to grow to characters and in this you couldn't...

*****SPOILER*****

the characters at the start who you met for about 25 minutes are not the main character you don't actually meet him till about 30/35 minutes into.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The original was one of the bleakest films I`ve ever seen. I realise that was the director`s intent but I`ve no desire to EVER see the first again and it follows that I have less than zero desire to see the sequel. If I could mindscrub all memory of it I bloody would!
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    I seem to be in a minority with the first. Thought it just another tedious run through of standard horror film moves, with little to seperate it from countless others. I know horror is a very subjective genre, but I still find its reputation quite baffling.
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    The original was one of the bleakest films I`ve ever seen. I realise that was the director`s intent but I`ve no desire to EVER see the first again and it follows that I have less than zero desire to see the sequel. If I could mindscrub all memory of it I bloody would!

Yes, the first one was bleak and I think it might be hard for a second movie to repeat that formula. I hope this doesn't become a franchise.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    I hope this doesn't become a franchise.

I doubt it considering the sequel was a flop at the box office (the original drew in something like $27 million from a $2 million budget... sequel cost almost $8 million and only made $4 million back up to now)
  • Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely loved the first one :D was so intense! I honestly thought (well, who I thought was) the main girl was going to survive for her to be killed off before the other! I really do need to see number two :)
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's surprisingly good, although more action-orientated than the first one was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    I doubt it considering the sequel was a flop at the box office (the original drew in something like $27 million from a $2 million budget... sequel cost almost $8 million and only made $4 million back up to now)

Hasnt it only been released in Australia?

I enjoyed it,but I preferred the first one
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hasn't it only been released in Australia?

It had a limited international release a few weeks back, from what I heard, as well as hitting VOD in the US. DVD starts hitting the shelves from June...
  • TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wolf Creek 2 has more violence, gore and deaths than the first one, with possibly a prequel/sequel, so i don't think we've heard the last of him! I enjoyed it!
  • PopRocketPopRocket Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer this one to the first one, action packed all the way through
    Forum Member
    is it in the shops to buy, Asda or Tesco have it..i not seen it anywhere and wanna watch it
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know how much of it is based on truth the original Wolf Creek story?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    is it in the shops to buy, Asda or Tesco have it..i not seen it anywhere and wanna watch it

Amazon have it but won't be released on DVD until September 15th :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolf-Creek-DVD-John-Jarrett/dp/B00KN0C65O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405364679&sr=8-1&keywords=wolf+creek+2
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    I absolutely loved the first one :D was so intense! I honestly thought (well, who I thought was) the main girl was going to survive for her to be killed off before the other! I really do need to see number two :)

I did enjoy the first the actor that played the killer was just fantastic, creepy but with a normal veneer. I will give number two a go!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One thing I liked about the first movie was the fact it started slowly and it built up to the horrific scenes. I like the story telling because we got to know the characters more.

I heard the 2nd movie isn't the same so you don't get any feelings for the characters.
  • intruder2kintruder2k Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    I'm glad they've gone down the action thriller route with it, who wants a retread of the first film?
    Forum Member
    FusionFury wrote: »

Hi, thanks for that..looks good lol
  • sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched it tonight, as much a chase thriller like Duel or Breakdown as it is a horror albeit a very gory one. Really enjoyed it!
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as mick taylor would say .....

IT'S BLOODY GOOD!!!
    hehehe
    :D

really expands on his "mythology", thought it was really FUNNY and original .....
    that truck stunt was great ..... and decline polity the offer of a sausage :o
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched it on iTunes . Really enjoyed it better than the first

Tie me kangaroo down sport tie me kangaroo down !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think Wolf Creek 3 is in the works.
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The original is an incredibly harrowing viewing experience but excellent nonetheless in terms of its tension filled set pieces and gripping performances. I didn't realise there was a second one.
    Forum Member
    FusionFury wrote: »
    Think Wolf Creek 3 is in the works.

oh i hope so :D i still need to watch the second one though