What are TalkTalk like?

Comments

• neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    But you should not have to use the forums, if they offer a phone based CS, then that phone based CS should be as good as any other form of CS they offer.
    Saying that the TT forums are the best place is just an excuse for them to have appalling CS service by phone.

i know the service i use don't have 24/7 customer service, but i knew that when I joined and normally if anything do go wrong they are right onto it. the CS they do provide is top notch, That was the same ADSL24.
    The problem with these larger providers, Bt, Talk Talk, Sky and EE is that they outsource the CS to some other country where they just have a script stuck in front of them.

Forum-telephone....makes no difference so long as it solves your problems.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neo_wales wrote: »
    Forum-telephone....makes no difference so long as it solves your problems.

If that is what you think, then I am so glad you got nothing to do with customer Service. It does make a difference, for a start telephone is instant, or should be, you should be able to get the answer there and then. forums you got to wait until someone answer and then you got to go back to read that answer.

All well and good if it is not a urgent matter.
    The other problem is what if you got no broadband what so ever? Sure you can use a mobile phone, if you have got a smart phone, you may be able to use someone else's broadband but then again you may not and it may be inconvenient to do so.

I know you think the sun shines from Talk Talk offices, but even you should be able to see that while Forums are ok, there is nothing like decent customer service over the phone.
    BTW, i prefer using forums or email myself if I can, don't have to talk to anyone. But there have been times when I was with Bt that I had to phone them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If that is what you think, then I am so glad you got nothing to do with customer Service. It does make a difference, for a start telephone is instant, or should be, you should be able to get the answer there and then. forums you got to wait until someone answer and then you got to go back to read that answer.

All well and good if it is not a urgent matter.
    The other problem is what if you got no broadband what so ever? Sure you can use a mobile phone, if you have got a smart phone, you may be able to use someone else's broadband but then again you may not and it may be inconvenient to do so.

I know you think the sun shines from Talk Talk offices, but even you should be able to see that while Forums are ok, there is nothing like decent customer service over the phone.
    BTW, i prefer using forums or email myself if I can, don't have to talk to anyone. But there have been times when I was with Bt that I had to phone them.

I don't think TT is the greatest thing since sliced bread, as I have said before I am only loyal to good service, they have provided me with that so I stay with them and I'd leave if I was messed about as I was with BT..

I left BT because they could not solve the problems I had and I spent HOURS talking on the phone to them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think TT is the greatest thing since sliced bread, as I have said before I am only loyal to good service, they have provided me with that so I stay with them and I'd leave if I was messed about as I was with BT..

I left BT because they could not solve the problems I had and I spent HOURS talking on the phone to them.

This is what I am saying, it is not just Talk Talk, you should not have to spend hours talking on a phone to sort out a problem, no matter what ISp you are with, just like you should not have to go onto a forum to get a better customer service.

The problem with a lot of these large providers is that they do CS on the cheap and it is naf. I rather have office time CS that is decent than 24/7 that is crap.

I sent a email to my provider last week, because of a small problem I was having, they sent me a email back and told me someone would get in touch and a hour or so later I had a engineer get back to me. It was nothing big which is why I emailed.
    Try getting that from any of the large providers. Well I don't expect a engineer to get in touch, I do like to contact someone that knows the difference between a router and a modem.

At the end of the day if the service is working then you may never need to call them, but things do go wrong, certainly with the way the service I use works. Relays are in farmer fields, sheep can get into them now and again, but that have only happened once since I been with them. power cuts can cause problems, while they do have UPS systems, they only last for so long. so i expect a couple of problems.
    TBH, considering how the system works I have expected more problems. More reliable than ADSL is around here.

Anyway, these larger providers, need to sort out their CS, from the ones i have had to contact for other people Sky is one of the better ones.
    BT and Talk Talk is in the same class, bloody useless.

EE is a total waste of time, saying that the last time I had to contact them at the start of the year they done ok.

Plusnet, while they say they got Uk based CS, they still have no idea what they are on about and we go through the same crap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is what I am saying, it is not just Talk Talk, you should not have to spend hours talking on a phone to sort out a problem, no matter what ISp you are with, just like you should not have to go onto a forum to get a better customer service.

The problem with a lot of these large providers is that they do CS on the cheap and it is naf. I rather have office time CS that is decent than 24/7 that is crap.

I sent a email to my provider last week, because of a small problem I was having, they sent me a email back and told me someone would get in touch and a hour or so later I had a engineer get back to me. It was nothing big which is why I emailed.
    Try getting that from any of the large providers. Well I don't expect a engineer to get in touch, I do like to contact someone that knows the difference between a router and a modem.

At the end of the day if the service is working then you may never need to call them, but things do go wrong, certainly with the way the service I use works. Relays are in farmer fields, sheep can get into them now and again, but that have only happened once since I been with them. power cuts can cause problems, while they do have UPS systems, they only last for so long. so i expect a couple of problems.
    TBH, considering how the system works I have expected more problems. More reliable than ADSL is around here.

Anyway, these larger providers, need to sort out their CS, from the ones i have had to contact for other people Sky is one of the better ones.

EE is a total waste of time, saying that the last time I had to contact them at the start of the year they done ok.

Plusnet, while they say they got Uk based CS, they still have no idea what they are on about and we go through the same crap.

I thought your provider went home at five or six at night until the next morning?

The thing is the big boys like TT or BT et al have millions of customers and to expect instant customer service is unrealistic.
  • LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member

I agree, I've been with Sky for over 2 years now and they are the best I've had on the phone. The usual questions, try in the test socket etc etc but when you explain that you have tried everything and you are ringing from the test socket .... they get 'it' and send an Openreach engineer (after the usual warning about costs if internal) .... a reasonably pleasant experience compared to TT and from what I remember BT.

The language barrier has a lot to do with it, always Scottish bar one who sounded Dutch but had perfect English.

Although I have been with them for over 2 years I was only recently put on their LLU, they had me on the BT network for some reason ..... result on the last day of the 10 day training period about 20% improvement all round, ping more than halved.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought your provider went home at five or six at night until the next morning?

I think I already made clear on the post that my provider don't give 24/7 customer service. but someone must still monitor the emails. Also the system itself is monitored 24/7, which is why when something does go wrong they are on it right away.

The thing is the big boys like TT or BT et al have millions of customers and to expect instant customer service is unrealistic.

But is that not what they suppose to have? don't make excuses for them, they do that enough as it is.

Also, if Sky can do it, then why can't the others?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LION8TIGER wrote: »
    I agree, I've been with Sky for over 2 years now and they are the best I've had on the phone. The usual questions, try in the test socket etc etc but when you explain that you have tried everything and you are ringing from the test socket .... they get 'it' and send an Openreach engineer (after the usual warning about costs if internal) .... a reasonably pleasant experience compared to TT and from what I remember BT.

The language barrier has a lot to do with it, always Scottish bar one who sounded Dutch but had perfect English.

Although I have been with them for over 2 years I was only recently put on their LLU, they had me on the BT network for some reason ..... result on the last day of the 10 day training period about 20% improvement all round, ping more than halved.

I have a problem understanding what they say, being hard of hearing as well do not help.
    I have talked to sky CS a few times on behalf of other people and they always seems to get the job done. I have had TT put the phone down on me before now.

I know what customers can be like, working in a environment where we are in contact with customers, which is why I never shout or raise my voice like some people do when talking to customer services. So i do expect a bit more in the CS department.

Not that I am in contact with customers much these days, most of my time is spent in the warehouse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

However Talktalk are very quick to diagnose that there is nothing wrong with the line, close the case, and wait for you to ring in before they do anything further. I've lost phone and broadband, so contacting TT from home is proving impossible.

No broadband or phone for nearly a week now and they haven't even offered an engineer to visit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ozark1 wrote: »
    However Talktalk are very quick to diagnose that there is nothing wrong with the line, close the case, and wait for you to ring in before they do anything further. I've lost phone and broadband, so contacting TT from home is proving impossible.

No broadband or phone for nearly a week now and they haven't even offered an engineer to visit.

They are very quick to tell you that there is nothing wrong, you are right about that.
    If you have had no broadband or phone for a week, I would tell them you are going elsewhere and want to cancel your contract, if you are still in contract, they may move their backsides then

The longest I been without broadband is just over 2 days and that was with ADSL24 and it was not there fault, it was a problem on the phone network.

i did go almost a day without broadband with the provider i am with, when some sheep decided to get in through the fence that surrounded the mast :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I left BT after their failure to sort out my problems. All ISP's have issues.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are very quick to tell you that there is nothing wrong, you are right about that.
    If you have had no broadband or phone for a week, I would tell them you are going elsewhere and want to cancel your contract, if you are still in contract, they may move their backsides then

The only trouble with that is that I'd still be without phone and broadband until a new ISP took over - let's say another couple of weeks. It would have to be a revert to donor as well.

I have vowed not to renew with TT though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only trouble with that is that I'd still be without phone and broadband until a new ISP took over - let's say another couple of weeks. It would have to be a revert to donor as well.

I have vowed not to renew with TT though.

would you have to revert to donor? all you got to do is just change to another provider, i thought changing from one LLU to another was made easier these days.

Talk Talk could not stop you going, they may not like it and try to do you for breach of contract, but that would go back on them

i think it is a disgrace how some companies treat their customers. i was going to say they get too big and then can't cope, but Talk Talk always been like it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    would you have to revert to donor? all you got to do is just change to another provider, i thought changing from one LLU to another was made easier these days.

Talk Talk could not stop you going, they may not like it and try to do you for breach of contract, but that would go back on them

i think it is a disgrace how some companies treat their customers. i was going to say they get too big and then can't cope, but Talk Talk always been like it.

I've got the real story now. Turns out Openreach decided to replace the cabinet - and forgot how to reconnect the lines. At one point (Wednesday) I got a phone back - only it was my neighbour's line instead.

TT's failures here are (1) telling me that there was no issue on the line, (2) being slower to call Openreach than other providers and (3) not being bothered whether my problems were solved or not.
  • seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been with talk talk for years and found them to be better than BT, my area had just got fibre and have now signed up for talk talk fibre and at a very competitive price. Talk talk know how to reward loyal customers.
  • jason81jason81 Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Been with talk talk for a good while, getting fibre optic broadband and line rental from them, while yes there customer service can be a little difficult at times I have had 0 issues with the actual services. Had a few times when my service went down etc but that is to be expected with any service from time to time.

Still find them better than BT who were a nightmare to deal with for anything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got the real story now. Turns out Openreach decided to replace the cabinet - and forgot how to reconnect the lines. At one point (Wednesday) I got a phone back - only it was my neighbour's line instead.

TT's failures here are (1) telling me that there was no issue on the line, (2) being slower to call Openreach than other providers and (3) not being bothered whether my problems were solved or not.

Sounds about right, two incompetent companies working together. BTopenreach was doing something a couple of days back to the cabinet I pass on the way to work, they had their van parked on the pavement so no one could get past and had to walk on the road. i know the pavement is wide, but still no room with the way they parked it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jason81 wrote: »
    Been with talk talk for a good while, getting fibre optic broadband and line rental from them, while yes there customer service can be a little difficult at times I have had 0 issues with the actual services. Had a few times when my service went down etc but that is to be expected with any service from time to time.

Still find them better than BT who were a nightmare to deal with for anything.

I dealt with both and found both as bad as each other.
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dealt with both and found both as bad as each other.

Really? You have never mentioned that.
  • kriss57kriss57 Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another TalkTalk thread and more crap from noise747. :eek:

Why anyone replies to him is beyond me, just another Troll. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kriss57 wrote: »
    Another TalkTalk thread and more crap from noise747. :eek:

Why anyone replies to him is beyond me, just another Troll. :confused:

I used to think he was a troll, now I think he has issues that need to be addressed, he needs help I think, quite sad really to carry so much anger and hatred with you...he needs to go and talk to someone perhaps.
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he needs to go and talk to someone perhaps.

Don't you mean talk talk to someone?:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »
    Really? You have never mentioned that.

I had BT as a ISP twice, there will never be a third time, i have never had Talk talk myself, but I have dealt with their customer service a few times on behalf of different people.

But to be fair to TT, my friends service is still working well and she is fine with it for now. she does have issues with their filters, but this seems to be a normal thing with large providers these days, because our government wants us to be a nanny state. she gets around them, but as she said, she should not have to.

That is her only complaint and and the router is a load of rubbish, which is why she uses her own.

She said to me about going for Talk talk as it would save me money and I would get a faster speed. that is not going to happen.
  • kriss57kriss57 Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to think he was a troll, now I think he has issues that need to be addressed, he needs help I think, quite sad really to carry so much anger and hatred with you...he needs to go and talk to someone perhaps.

Look at noise747 post count, 50 a week for the last seven years, he spends his life on here, and mainly on TalkTalk threads, he offers nothing constructive, just a
    TROLL. :blush:

He has said exactly the same things for the last seven years. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kriss57 wrote: »
    Look at noise747 post count, 50 a week for the last seven years, he spends his life on here, and mainly on TalkTalk threads, he offers nothing constructive, just a
    TROLL. :blush:

So i spend my life on here do I? strange that I work, watch the odd netflix, go out , read books, do video work and editing and other things people do in their life.

it is normally when I got some video stuff being done in the background I come on here.
    He has said exactly the same things for the last seven years. :o

Maybe because nothing have changed, saying that some things have changed, people are more brainwashed now than before.