Blair says UKIP are nasty and unpleasant

Comments

• TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God help Cameron/Osborne/IDS a few years from now as people gradually develop a sense of shame as to how the sick/disabled/unemployed were treated by this lot.

Blair had Iraq and immigration, the current lot basically have state-sanctioned sadism...
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But do the electorate still hate Blair more than they hate the current coalition?
  • paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    But do the electorate still hate Blair more than they hate the current coalition?

Even the Labour party hates Blair , its one thing that has cross party support so what do you think ?
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well obviously YOU aren't bothered by immigration, are you Mr Blair? In your nice insulated bubble, away from all the trouble and strife caused by your open-door policy and your beloved EU's 'freedom of movement' laws, you couldn't give a stuff! It was you who flung open the gates and went touting for every bit of foreign flotsam you could find. It was your wonderful mates in the EU who passed laws to back this up, and it was you who made sure we couldn't object to it without your ministers calling us 'racist' or 'bigots'. Before your New Labour government came along, this country was still Britain - now parts of it resemble the back end of Karachi and some places are no-go areas for Christians. It was your lot that planted the seeds of this revolt, don't you think you have rather a brass neck complaining about it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the truth must be sacrificed now?

And what fear?
    People are angry and resentful, why do you have a problem with calling the emotions for what they are?
    Is that your own fear appearing?

And wasn't Farage a commodity broker?

The truth is that immigration has benefitted our country and the average wage. The truth is that it's in our governments power to ensure British workers are not hard hit by cheap foreign labour. They could properly enforce the min wage and curb immigration, but they must prefer to do the unscrupulous employers a favour - unsurprising that this Farage bloke would leave that bit out.

I don't think it's my fear coming out, I'm just saying what I think. People have voted for a bunch of nutters and now things will have to run their course.

He definitely talks like a banker. http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/mar/13/nigel-farage-claims-video-mep-earn-like-goldman-sachs-banker

edit: It looks like that video clip isn't what I thought it was. I haven't seen the full version of it before, which paints a very different picture to seeing just the last few seconds. No arguing with the truth.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I rarely wish ill on somebody, but if this saviour of the middle east should happen to fall over a cliff, I wont shed a tear.

"Unpleasant"?....

Tony, you are an odious hypocrite.
  • gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    So presumably are the families of the hundred thousand plus civilians who died in Iraq thanks to this mans need to suck up to George Bush so he could make millions afterwards giving speeches and 'advice' in the US and elsewhere.

Whatever people may say about Nigel Farage he is not a war criminal and doesn't have the blood of thousands of people on his hands. And shame on Labour for allowing Blair to do what he did.

Actually until the result of the Chilcot inquiry is published there is no proof that Blair is a war criminal.

If the inquiry proves him to be a war criminal then he should be made to stand trial at The Hague or wherever it is were war criminals stand trial.

BTW I will point out that I may not have a very good opinion of Farage but I have never once said he is a war criminal.
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soppyfan wrote: »

Yes....

Even his own party that he led to 3 election victories love to write him off as a Tory infiltrator.
    Forum Member
    Actually until the result of the Chilcot inquiry is published there is no proof that Blair is a war criminal.

If the inquiry proves him to be a war criminal then he should be made to stand trial at The Hague or wherever it is were war criminals stand trial.

BTW I will point out that I may not have a very good opinion of Farage but I have never once said he is a war criminal.

Thanks to the extradition treaty he drew up with the USA if he runs off there we will be unable to extradite for trial and as the USA has not signed up to the war crimes tribunal (Its means none of the Presidents can be tried) they would send him to the Haugue

You can say what you will about Farage but he doesn't have the blood of over 100,000 civilians on his hands or of the hundreds of British soldiers who died so he could make money on his lies
  • gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paul2307 wrote: »
    Thanks to the extradition treaty he drew up with the USA if he runs off there we will be unable to extradite for trial and as the USA has not signed up to the war crimes tribunal (Its means none of the Presidents can be tried) they would send him to the Haugue

You can say what you will about Farage but he doesn't have the blood of over 100,000 civilians on his hands or of the hundreds of British soldiers who died so he could make money on his lies

Where exactly have I said Farage has the blood of anyone on his hands?
  • SideshowStuSideshowStu Posts: 11,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And Lo! Forth went St Tony the Evangelist and he spoke to his erring people on behalf of the Lord, for he was very cross with them for voting UKIP...but the people would no longer heed his words; they cursed him for his dodgy dossiers and illegal war, they told him what they thought of his extremely grating holier-than-thou attitude, what a joke it was/is that he's called a 'Peace Envoy' and finally that if they had to have a European President in future they'd vote for an annoying little Frenchman or a big-mouthed German before they'd vote for a toad like him.
    Forum Member
    Where exactly have I said Farage has the blood of anyone on his hands?

I said you can say what you will about Farage thats very different to saying you did say anything about him
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    I think Tony Blair is spot on with his comments about UKIP.
    About as spot on as his claims of WMDs in Iraq.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member

He started a war with Bush without due cause based on dodgy evidence and authorised our forces to bomb Iraqi cities which led to the deaths of innocent women and children.

I don't really care what Chilcott reports - Blair by backing Bush just so he could get back at the guy who embarrassed his dad is responsible for those deaths. And shame on those who defend him and have the gall to suggest Farage is a worse human being.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Blair is a proven big time liar and IMO a war criminal, he's the nasty unpleasant one - not Ukip.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Tony Blair is spot on with his comments about UKIP.
    It's like Dracula accusing the Women's Institute of genocide ..........
    Forum Member
    Sinistra wrote: »
    It's like Dracula accusing the Women's Institute of genocide ..........

Have you seen what WI cake or jam does to people :o
  • MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's hope he says it again several times before the by election. ;-)
  • CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blair's Messiah Complex still going strong. I truly do think all the power he had drove him mad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if there is a pattern emerging of unpopular people who are willing to speak out about Ukip, such as Clegg and Blair?

Most active politicians seem unwilling to speak up because they would like to woo back Ukip voters, and they know Farage will say that any criticism of him and his followers is criticism of the people who have voted for him.

Britain has a load of racist EU luddites supposedly representing the people of Britain, but no one wants to speak out against it.

Such is the dire state of British politics!
  • SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    Nasty and unpleasant eh? Sounds like a very apt description of Blair and his wife to me. She shamefully exploited her position as the wife of the prime minister to greedily rake in a fortune, whilst her husband was busy taking us into an illegal war costing the lives of so many people. Anyone who still voted for Labour after that atrocity is just as bad.
  • allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roger Helmer can but hope that Blair goes to Newark to support the Labour candidate.
  • lemonbunlemonbun Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    CelticMyth wrote: »
    Blair's Messiah Complex still going strong. I truly do think all the power he had drove him mad.

Unfortunately, all British PMs since the 70s have been affected by power, with the possible exception of John Major. Thatcher, Blair and Brown (partly due to his long term power as Chancellor) just lost the plot and the ability to connect with the reality of life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Major never lost the plot, he just never found it in the first place!
  • Lady DynorodLady Dynorod Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think you do get it Mr Blair, do you know how much the cost of a weekly shop is and don't ask your butler? Are you planning on relocating to a council flat in Newham to enjoy the multiculturalism you created? I doubt you get many Labour voters outside Islington.

What's wrong with Newham!? Have you ever been there?