Anne of a Thousand Days

Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Been getting into the Tudor history again lately and recently rewatched showtime's 'The Tudors' series, which I thought was excellent (accurate or not!) and I loved Natalie Dormer as Anne Boleyn.

I've heard good things about this film from the 60s though, anyone here seen it?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great film, one of my favourites, also Keith Michell in the Henry and 6 wives still on Amazon.
    Anne of a Thousand Days gives a better view of her side of the story in my opinion.
    The two Boylene GIrls was dreadful.
  • damianswifedamianswife Posts: 1,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anne of a thousand days is a wonderful film.Genevieve Bujold is an authentic Anne, what helps is her slight French (Canadian) accent which the real Anne probably had. Not too convinced by Richard Burton as Henry though. An interesting tit bit is that Liz Taylor didn't trust him around Ms Bujold,Liz has a cameo appearance in the film too. She is the masked lady on the white gown who bursts in on Katherine of Aragon when she is at prayer in the chapel.
    As for The Other Boleyn Girl, the BBC production with Jhodie May is by far the better one compared with that piece of dreck from Hollywood with Scarlett J. In.