----Albums of the Week----

Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
Forum Member
Albums

:)old, new, forthcoming, rediscovered, remastered, remixed:)

Albums - that you are currently loving and would like to share - your best albums of the week?

Please share

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    You could list yours first as you started the thread.
  • bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lykke Li - I Never Learn: I didn't even realise it had been released until I randomly went onto iTunes on Friday! I knew she had an album coming out but no idea when. So glad I have downloaded it as it's brilliant! Personal standouts are: Gunshot, No Rest for the Wicked and Heart of Steel.

I've also really got back into Lana Del Rey - Born To Die in preparation for Ultraviolence, whenever it may be! :D Personal standouts for me are: Off to the Races, National Anthem, Born to Die and Summertime Sadness.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    DarrenPop wrote: »
    You could list yours first as you started the thread.

hahaha ... i was trying to not be leading ....

but anyhow this week mine are:

1. Christina Perri - Hand or heart [rediscovered - great m/o/r album...so listenable and enjoyable]
    2. Lily Allen - Sheezus [surprisingly nearly as good as 'its not me ..its you'.....]
    3. Lykke li - I never learn [ great fan - underrated artist and this album continues that feeling....some great tracks..]
    4. Brody Dalle - Diploid Love [ new artist for me ...a mix of placebo, L7 and Amanda Palmer... ]
    5. Babyface and Toni Braxton - Love, Divorce and Marriage [rediscovered: sublime solid rnb ....so enjoyable ...]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adanowsky - Ada [2014]
    Alien [Sweden] - Eternity [2014]
    Blacklite District - Worldwide Controversy [2014]
    Furykane - Furykane [2014]
    Kina Grannis - Elements [2014]
    Kult Of Red Pyramid - Broken Mirror [2014]
    Lykke Li - I Never Learn [2014]
    Nightqueen - rEVOLUTION [2014]
    Rebecca & Fiona - Beauty Is Pain [2014]
    Twins Natalia - The Destiny Room [2014]
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I second Diploid Love by Brody Dalle. I was familiar with the Distillers and Spinerette and I've always loved her. This is a little more poppy and melodic than her previous work but still with a punk edge.

But my favourite record of the week is Make My Head Sing by Jessica Lea Mayfield. She's from Ohio in the US and she had a few previous records apparently which I never heard which were folk and country but her new album is a harder guitar, bass and drums record influenced by Nirvana and other 90's alternative rock although she still has some softer folk influence She has a really lovely clear voice which contrasts with the harder rock guitars of the album. I can't recommend this highly enough .

Of course, there's the Unrepentant Geraldines by Tori Amos which hasn't been released yet, but I downloaded. I couldn't wait. A really strong return, and one of her best albums in years.
  • adamo8adamo8 Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    I've really gotten into Icona pops album. Some really good tracks on there! I'm shocked it didn't do better for them.
  • Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well The Pretty Reckless's album is pretty amazing
  • Arran_DempsterArran_Dempster Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natalia Kills' Trouble is literally in my opinion the best album of the last 9 months. It's such a great concept and is amazing from start to finish. Have any of you listened to it? My favourite tracks were: Trouble, Watching You, Rabbit Hole and Marlboro Lights.
    Forum Member
    Natalia Kills' Trouble is literally in my opinion the best album of the last 9 months. It's such a great concept and is amazing from start to finish. Have any of you listened to it? My favourite tracks were: Trouble, Watching You, Rabbit Hole and Marlboro Lights.

great album.....

I adore 'daddy's girl', 'controversy' 'devil's don't fly'

very underrated pop artist in the uk :(
    two very solid pop albums by her...
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Well The Pretty Reckless's album is pretty amazing

I love "Going To Hell". It's a fantastic album and well worth the wait seeing as they pushed it back about three times. Personal highlights include "Why'd You Bring A Shotgun To The Party" "Follow Me Down" and "Waiting For A Friend" amongst many others

I've been listening to "Prism" by Katy Perry again. I know that it divided opinion when it came out but I really love it. I listen to this album a lot. Personal highlights include "Spiritual", "By The Grace Of God" and "Roar"

I rediscovered "American Idiot" by Green Day last night. I played this album to death when I was thirteen. It's solid. I love it. Personal highlights include "Holiday", "Jesus of Suburbia" and "Homecoming".
  • RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair Warning- The Rails
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really looking forward to listening to the Foxes album on Monday. Hopefully it'll be on Spotify and then I'll buy it if I like it enough.

Also now given From The Roots Up by Delilah a proper chance and I cant believe I didn't get into it sooner.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arsenal - Furu [2014]
    Chromeo - White Women [2014]
    Sabaton - Heroes [2014]
    Xandria - Sacrificium [2014]
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Arsenal - Furu [2014]
    Chromeo - White Women [2014]
    Sabaton - Heroes [2014]
    Xandria - Sacrificium [2014]

Yes! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    Yes! :D

It is actually the best of the four at the moment. Not bad for the only artist I didnt like beforehand (as was aware of them). I only listened to them cos someone on here mentioned they were looking forward to their album.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    It is actually the best of the four at the moment. Not bad for the only artist I didnt like beforehand (as was aware of them). I only listened to them cos someone on here mentioned they were looking forward to their album.

Probably me :blush:
    Forum Member
    1. Tori Amos - Unrepentant Geraldines
    2. Lindsey Stirling - Shatter
    3. Lily Allen - Sheezus
    4. Amanda Palmer - Amanda Palmer performs the popular hits of Radiohead on her magical ukelee
    5. Eurovison Song Contest 2014 [diversity - something for everyone]
  • TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anastacia - Resurrection
  • crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TreyC wrote: »
    Anastacia - Resurrection

+1

It's fantastic.
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Black Keys - 'Turn Blue'
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bitter Ruin - Waves [2014]
    Bonne Finken - Fairytales-Love Affairs [2014]
    Guano Apes - Offline [2014]
    Camouflage - The Singles [2014]
    Sharon Van Etten - Are We There [2014]
    Stoneman - Goldmarie [2014]
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    1. Coldplay - Ghost Story
    [adore the artwork, subtlety of songs ...as an album there is a blend of parachutes, la vida and mylo.... mellow, heartfelt and subtly a step forward ....my fave tracks: oceans, magic, skyy fall of stars]

2. Tori Amos - Unrepentant Geraldines

[after first listen ... I liked it but didn't adore it ...but it has become such a grower...and in my opinion her best work in years... best tracks- unrepentant geraldines, wild way, invisible boy, oysters

3. Natalie Merchant - Natalie Merchant

[ stellar album with a crisp voice over a crisp melodic production .... her best album ...potential grammy nominee? ]

4. The black keys - turn blue

[the amazing blues group go a little electro and more funky ..... only just started to listen to the album ...sounds a little similar to arcade fires new album in sound emporium...fave tracks - turn blue, fever ]

5. swans - to be kind

[new to me ...still digesting ....this album ....fave tracks so far: oxygen, to be kind, screen shot]