Options

Andrea won't win because he is foreign

Comments

• Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    He would have been better suited to being on BGT..

Honestly Jeref - if this was an anti-Fleur thread you would be complaining about others making snide comments. Maybe you ought to remember that.
  • Options
    The Lost BoyThe Lost Boy Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It won't be becuase he's foreign. It will be becasuse he's bland. He has nothing else apart from a good voice. Ben can just about hold a tune but he's also a good looking chap. You can do wonders with auto tune but Andreas stuck with his face i'm afraid.
  • Options
    dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It won't be becuase he's foreign. It will be becasuse he's bland. He has nothing else apart from a good voice. Ben can just about hold a tune but he's also a good looking chap. You can do wonders with auto tune but Andreas stuck with his face i'm afraid.

How very shallow of you!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dia6olo wrote: »
    How very shallow of you!

Maybe. But it's true.
  • Options
    TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can do wonders with auto tune but Andreas stuck with his face i'm afraid.

Have you forgotten about last years winner? Hint - she made a guest appearance last night!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Andrea should have applied for 'The Voice'

All 3 of the finalists sound better in their youtube videos, but Andrea's really are so much stronger.

I know he has been given poor songs, and poor productions, but still, I find it quite hard to understand how he can sound so much worse when performing on the show.

All that being said, I don't think any of these 3 would have made it past bootcamp on the US version.
  • Options
    daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    ...I think Andrea won't win because he is not from the UK and I'm not un-athome with this because surely X Factor competitions are about trying to find a home grown star?

X Factor competitions are all about Simon trying to find his next cash cow, irrespective of where they're from. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you forgotten about last years winner? Hint - she made a guest appearance last night!

Sorry. Don't know what you're getting at? She won last year, makes sense she would appear at some point this year.
  • Options
    TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry. Don't know what you're getting at? She won last year, makes sense she would appear at some point this year.

I suspect you're pulling my plonker but what I'm saying is that Sam Bailey was cosmetically challenged and still won.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect you're pulling my plonker but what I'm saying is that Sam Bailey was cosmetically challenged and still won.

Yeah, sorry about that. :)
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrea would be an exceptional singer with proper vocal training to iron out his bad habits. He's only 20 so has plenty of time to take up more training if he wants to :)

When Joe entered Popstar to Operastar he was amazed at the bad habits he had picked up and had to start training again from scratch :)
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just looked at the betting, and he is 14/1 in a three horse race, so it looks like it could well be third place for him. Still a good achievement.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just looked at the betting, and he is 14/1 in a three horse race, so it looks like it could well be third place for him. Still a good achievement.

That's why a sing off in the semi final isn't fair. People won't bet on him because he's already entering the final behind Fleur and Ben - they had more votes. If they had all gone through automatically, 'in no particular order', no-one would know who was above who and they would have started with a level playing field.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    His performance of Hallelujah on Sat night has to go down as one of the worst covers that has ever been performed. Why such a track was given to him is beyond me, but it did him no favours.

That wasn't Andrea it was BEN
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he doesn't win it is probably because:

1) he's nothing new or exciting.
    2) he's constantly sang either Mariah or Whitney.
    3) he's not particularly likeable when he's interviewed.
  • Options
    Donna65Donna65 Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »

Are you insane? Or have you been watching a different bloke to me? He's adorable.
  • Options
    wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    What does un-athome mean?

Sorry.......un at home............I am not un at home to the idea of a foreigner not winning a show that is meant to find a UK star...........
  • Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    That's why a sing off in the semi final isn't fair. People won't bet on him because he's already entering the final behind Fleur and Ben - they had more votes. If they had all gone through automatically, 'in no particular order', no-one would know who was above who and they would have started with a level playing field.

Not necessarily. In X Factor Australia this year, they had a semi final singoff, and the girl who won that singoff managed to generate enough momentum off of that to go on and win the entire show (albeit, I think they claimed there was only 0.01% in it :o) So I'm not 100% sure how this logic will hold.
  • Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    His performance of Hallelujah on Sat night has to go down as one of the worst covers that has ever been performed. Why such a track was given to him is beyond me, but it did him no favours.

Er..it was BEN who actually sang that song....duh!!!

You're so giddy over Fleur, that anyone else who may be a threat to her winning, you have a dig at! !

And its because of this overhyping from fans like your self, that I see her not winning on Sunday, despite the performance last Saturday! !!
  • Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Stube wrote: »

Take a look at Alan Carrs show last Friday. ..and then come back on hetr and state otherwise....I dare ya!! Lol

He won't win basically because of the snide/rude/nasty comments Simon Cowell has had the gore to spread his dislike of Andrea vocally, in any way possible. ....and the British audience ran with it, to satisfy the mans ego even more!!

He 'apologised' to save face.....but couldn't hold back yesterday once his two British acts got through! !! Knowing that he was the one that would eventually put Andrea through to the final! :(>:(:(
  • Options
    AmusedmooseAmusedmoose Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delz wrote: »
    I think that the fact he has come from Italy and that he has had every deramp strategy possible thrown at him since week 2 it is a bloody miracle he has got to the final and is a testament to what a great singer and what a lovely guy that he is.

For me he is the only contestant ever that has had an effect on me with his voice and that I have ever got totally invested in and will continue to support once xfactor is over.

Well said delz!;-)
  • Options
    JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrea may have the best voice of the 3, but I don't think he is that great a singer. He does nothing for me vocally and often tends over-sings and has struggled with some songs. Overall a good singer, but some vocal training is still needed. He has some way to go to be at the same level as singers such as the likes of Sam Smith, Michael Buble, et al, imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    E05297535 wrote: »
    Take a look at Alan Carrs show last Friday. ..and then come back on hetr and state otherwise....I dare ya!! Lol

He won't win basically because of the snide/rude/nasty comments Simon Cowell has had the gore to spread his dislike of Andrea vocally, in any way possible. ....and the British audience ran with it, to satisfy the mans ego even more!!

He 'apologised' to save face.....but couldn't hold back yesterday once his two British acts got through! !! Knowing that he was the one that would eventually put Andrea through to the final! :(>:(:(

His 'Italian' comment was an utter disgrace. I really think we should complain to Ofcom.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jocolah wrote: »
    Andrea may have the best voice of the 3, but I don't think he is that great a singer. He does nothing for me vocally and often tends over-sings and has struggled with some songs. Overall a good singer, but some vocal training is still needed. He has some way to go to be at the same level as singers such as the likes of Sam Smith, Michael Buble, et al, imo.

Andrea is easily the most competent singer this series, it really is effortless. I'd defy anyone, be it Micheal Buble, Sam Smith or any other contestant to take on 'Chandelier' live and give that level of performance.
  • Options
    JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    danielleh wrote: »
    X Factor competitions are all about Simon trying to find his next cash cow, irrespective of where they're from. Nothing more, nothing less.

Spot on. It makes me quite ill. It's just a cattle market.