A question about Jade

delectabledelectable Posts: 1,140
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I know another one of these threads :rolleyes: dah dah da!

But, I just wanted to know how fast/aggressive her cancer is/was? The reason I ask, is that a few days after Jack got out, she was pictured looking all 'healthy' with the scarf on her head, but out shopping...going to pick up her sons. You could see from the photos she had a real spring in her step, like she was gonna beat it.

Then less than 2 weeks later she was told she was terminal..the next minute she was being wheeled round in a wheelchair and looked like she could go at any minute.

Whether it was psychological, and impact of the news, just 'made her' wanna shut down...but her deterioration seemed so fast!

Comments

• droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It can be quick. A week ago I thought she had months left, a couple of days ago I thought it was weeks. I'm currently thinking it's a couple of days.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delectable wrote: »

so why start another one ?
  • delectabledelectable Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so why start another one ?

Because, I owed it to Jade to ask my question! ;)
  • Scottish_girlScottish_girl Posts: 5,786
    Forum Member

But, I just wanted to know how fast/aggressive her cancer is/was? The reason I ask, is that a few days after Jack got out, she was pictured looking all 'healthy' with the scarf on her head, but out shopping...going to pick up her sons. You could see from the photos she had a real spring in her step, like she was gonna beat it.

Then less than 2 weeks later she was told she was terminal..the next minute she was being wheeled round in a wheelchair and looked like she could go at any minute.

Whether it was psychological, and impact of the news, just 'made her' wanna shut down...but her deterioration seemed so fast!

Well apparently when she was diagnosed it was thought she had had cancer for about three years so if you look at it like that, its not such a quick detoriation. That said it does seem like just yesterday she was getting the diagnosis but then sadly cervical cancer isnt called the silent killer for nothing.

My grandad had lung cancer, he was diagnosed in the November and he died the following Feb so the cancer in his case spread very quickly, again though we were told the cancer had been in his body for about two years prior to diagnosis and the rate he detoriated floored me so it can and does happen.I'm no fan of Jade but I would hate to be in her position- I cant imagine having to say goodbye to my two young children, knowing I wont get to see them grow up.
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could have asked this in one of the current threads (or Googled it).

It's hard to tell how someone is feeling from a photograph (which captures less than a second of someone's movements - ie, a fleeting smile or a lift of a leg isn't a 'happy person' with a 'spring in their step', not necessarily).

Cancer can spread in days. You can go from 'normal', to dead in a matter of weeks. It just runs rampant, once it gets into your bloodstream or vital organs (as it has Jade).
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because, I owed it to Jade to ask my question! ;)

No, because you wanted attention with your own thread.
  • gingerballsgingerballs Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always thought she would get bter.....

i mean she signed up for panto over christmas?
    now she's dying?
  • Scottish_girlScottish_girl Posts: 5,786
    Forum Member
    I always thought she would get bter.....

i mean she signed up for panto over christmas?
    now she's dying?

She signed up for panto before she was diagnosed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    My Father had a lump in his neck for over 3 years but he got a job with an American company who gave him a medical and said he had to get it sorted before he started with them. Had had the lump removed and was dead within 3 months, so in his case he went down hill very quickly after intervention.
  • dancingdaisydancingdaisy Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    It is obviously very aggressive. I would be surpprised if she is still alive in the morning if you go by MC's comments. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    another pointless thread which could have been answered vy seraching anotehr thread/posting in another thread/looking up the internet

duh!
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In Jade's case her cancer seems to have spread like wildfire once it got into the blood stream - it happens quite a lot. It just needs one cell to break away from the main/original tumour and that's it, secondary tumour(s). Jade's seems to be a particularly aggressive form of the disease. It also won't have helped that Jade has had multiple operations because cancer seems to thrive on 'air', as two of her operations were on her bowel area this seems to be the main problem area for secondary tumours. Jade apparently wanted to know the absolute truth so was told her prognosis and it didn't surprise me that once she didn't have her wedding to look forward to there was a rapid decline in her condition. She once had hope and then there was none.

We all imagine that cancer will put us in bed for weeks on end near the end but it all depends on the individual and their condition. My Father was walking around less than 20 hours before he died, not with the aid of walking sticks etc but actually walking around. My ex-partner on the other hand was in bed for the last 2 months or so of his death (dreadful as he was only 29). There are no rights and wrongs. The final stages can be long winded or come very quickly. Cancer has it's own agenda and is the most cruel of diseases.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How on earth is public supposed to know.?

We are not oncologists.

We have same "news" as everyone else has.

One needs to "guess"..??? Why precisely.???
  • darkknight77darkknight77 Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are some rumours saying this will be her final week, she can barely stay awake now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    There are some rumours saying this will be her final week, she can barely stay awake now.

Max Clifford said shes bit brighter now on This Morning..
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    My boyfriend has studied Neuro-Linguistic Programming (the stuff that Paul McKenna uses) and he has always said that if he ever got a terminal diagnosis he wouldn't want to know as he has read case studies of people living for ages with terminal cancer when they haven't been told it is terminal and then dying rapidly once they find out the prognosis. He firmly believes that the mind can be very powerful.....
  • kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    My boyfriend has studied Neuro-Linguistic Programming (the stuff that Paul McKenna uses) and he has always said that if he ever got a terminal diagnosis he wouldn't want to know as he has read case studies of people living for ages with terminal cancer when they haven't been told it is terminal and then dying rapidly once they find out the prognosis. He firmly believes that the mind can be very powerful.....

That's pretty interesting. You see that in the placebo effect, people get given a placebo and they feel better, the mind truly is powerful, far too powerful for us to grasp I think.
  • Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Was there any need for this thread?

when you could have just added your comment to an existing Jade thread?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard that Jade had to take a full medical in India when she joined the CBBIndia. They found the irregularities and Jade flew back to london to get it checked out in London, where they confirmed the diagnosis. :eek:That was in August last year.

Is this true?
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Grandad wasn't feeling too well so he went into hopsital, he had surgery on the Thursday where they found he had lung cancer and he died on the following Monday. (So smoking does kill you, he'd smoked every day for 80 years...)

I was a volunteer at a Hospice and although the majority of the patients look poorly there was some who looked quite healthy until a couple of days before the end. I think another poster was correct when they said there has been so much media saturation that we can never be sure what really is happening.

When I heard the news this morning about the 'hammer attack', I felt quite sad, but now I hear all types of stories regarding the incident. Who knows what to believe, apart from the fact that this is a seriously ill young lady.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My best friend was told at the end of her treatment that she was in remission from cancer of the lymph nodes. At a check up 3 weeks later, she was told that it had come back and she wouldn't live longer than 3 months. She died 5 weeks later. 8 weeks from remission to secondary to dying. It was so unfair. It really can be that quick.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I watched a programme about a young boy ( 9 or 10 who had quite a aggressive form of cancer ( cant remember what type) and he was taught to fight it by imagining his cancer cells as the baddies and to use his good cells to kill them.

He did it by imagining there was a star wars type of game going on inside his body and he used his good cells to attack and shoot the bad cells.

It worked. They had Dr's on who said they did not know how it worked but they said the power of the mind was a wonderful thing.
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    She has an aggressive form of cancer but remember the damage is all on the inside.

Doesn't mean she's not suffering. And she's at Stage 4 which is its final stage so she hasn't got long. She was only diagnosed in August but it was already too late. She will have had this unknowingly for some time.

No matter what a mouth Jade is I still don't think cancer is wished on anybody.