Options

Cheryl knew the voting result when she said put it to the public vote (IMO)

cressida100cressida100 Posts: 3,841
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think Cheryl was aware that Danyl did not have the lowest number of votes when she said that she wanted to let the public decide who went home on Saturday. No way would she have voted Simon's favourite out of the show, but she didn't want to seem to be colluding with him (IMO). I'm sure that the judges are well aware of the results before we hear them.

Comments

• Options
    Indigo_19Indigo_19 Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that is almost certainly the case. There is no way she would have risked it if she didn't know, Simon wouldn't let Danyl go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indigo_19 wrote: »
    I think that is almost certainly the case. There is no way she would have risked it if she didn't know, Simon wouldn't let Danyl go.

Thank you, I'm glad at least one person agrees :)
  • Options
    pgw71pgw71 Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I would guess that Simon tipped her off
  • Options
    trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You may be right. I've always wondered if they do know or not.

But in last nights case it didn't matter what Cheryl did. Miss Frank were going home regardless.
  • Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    I would risk it. Why not? Putting it to the public could possibly eliminate one of the biggest threats on the show, and it would take the blame from Cheryl's shoulders and put it onto the public.

Plus, there's nothing wrong with the judges voting off people tactically. What is the point in actually HAVING the judges if all their decisions are made to keep Simon happy?
  • Options
    looby383xlooby383x Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree - I've said this for a log while. It was particularly evident the night that Ruth sang Purple Rain & Simon took it to deadlock. No way would he have let her go after that performance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    I think someone mentioned who was at the show the other week that it was obvious that Simon had been told who were the bottom two and also who the public had voted out.

So I tend to agree here, I think Cheryl knew she could duck out of it and hand it over the public, but is that fair on others who the judges vote on, ie what if Rachel had been the bottom with the public, was that then fair on Rikki?

I dont like this idea, lets just have the public vote and NO judges playing gods. Then I may just pick up my phone, until then I dont think I will be bothering.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure they do know, I was at a live show last year and when Dermot was introducing the sing off, a member of the production team was crouched down out of sight behind the judges desks talking to Simon. I'd guess he was telling him the voting figures
  • Options
    sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm she did the right thing but she got away with it though! Imagine if Miss Frank had the higher votes then Danyl, who i am not a massive fan of, would of been eliminated and i still think he is one of the stronger singers. I liked Miss Frank alot, but like Dannii said i think Danyl gave a stronger preformance. I actually think Simon Cowell isnt helping as well, all this standing up when he has finished a preformance and all the ''hes so great'' thing just doesnt appeal to me when he isnt that good.
  • Options
    DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Riki04 wrote: »
    I'm sure they do know, I was at a live show last year and when Dermot was introducing the sing off, a member of the production team was crouched down out of sight behind the judges desks talking to Simon. I'd guess he was telling him the voting figures

There could be hundreds of reasons why a production team member would speak to the person who's show it is .. of course it's better to make up the reason to support your own conspiracies though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise wrote: »
    There could be hundreds of reasons why a production team member would speak to the person who's show it is .. of course it's better to make up the reason to support your own conspiracies though.

Uncalled for :rolleyes: This poster was just giving an opinion.