Worst Facebook status updates

Comments

• Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I was wondering how you go about closing your FB account - not technically but socially?

Do you announce you're closing your account...or is that considered 'flouncing' / attention seeking? I know someone who just deleted their account on a whim without telling anyone because all the competitive mummys on FB were making her feel down and inadequate day after day - but then had to answer to a million emails/text/nursery gate inquisitions from people who thought she had unfriended them/was in a mood with them and it generated even more hassle.

Its made worse by the fact that there are some people I'd like to staying touch with by email - or try and get them onto Twitter - and there are others I just don't need in my 2013 life...so a blanket message to all is not appropriate. It's not as easy as it seems. If you left...how did you do it?

I think the standard procedure is to announce to everyone that you are closing your facebook account. Then wait for the inevitable "oh no what's up hun", and You then reply "nothing I don't want to talk about it". You then deactivate your account, and then 2 days later rejoin facebook like nothing had ever happened.:D
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Got my provisional driving licence'

*Uploads photo of provisional driving licence*

Why would anyone think people are interested in that?
  • scotchscotch Posts: 10,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ''Some people think way above their station'' :confused:

oh, ok.
  • JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    I have forgotten all the bad ones, I haven't had f/b for about a year, but here is a good one, I kept.

'There is an ancient and well-kept secret to happiness which the Great Ones have known for centuries. They rarely talk about it, but they use it all the time, and it is fundamental to good mental health. This secret is called The Fine Art of Not Being Offended. In order to truly be a master of this art, one must be able to see that every statement, action and reaction of another human being is the sum result of their total life experience to date. In other words, the majority of people in our world say and do what they do from their own set of fears, conclusions, defenses and attempts to survive. Most of it, even when aimed directly at us, has nothing to do with us. Usually, it has more to do with all the other times, and in particular the first few times, that this person experienced a similar situation, usually when they were young.'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    kitty86 wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone on here has recognised that one of their facebook posts have made this thread :D

I was thinking the same thing this evening!

I have a friend on FB who literally gives us updates on her bed delivery or mattress. Recently we have been told about her cat friend and her tent. I like her but some of her statuses are so random I just have to laugh and think "Why are you telling this? Is a bit out of the blue,"
  • toastietoastie Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Silly you! They do it because they want the world to know even their bed is so amazing. Their whole lives are so much more superior and worthy compared to all those lesser people out there, even their bed is worth mentioning.

:D:D:D Of course, I never thought of that, clearly their bed is far superior to mine.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The messages below are from a woman of 38 who sets her profile to public, so that her "boyfriend's" estranged wife (who cheated on her with this woman whilst she was pregnant) will see them. She just does it to rub her nose in it.

Fantastic day with the family at centre parcs for my birthday. I've been very very very spoilt xxx

Thank you for our Easter presents auntie Michelle love L*** and D**** x — with Michelle *****.

Wrapping valentines presents!!! He he he x

Had a brilliant valentines day! Absolutely love my presents!!! Xx

Me and Matt are ready to party loved 2012 and 2013 looks even better!!! Happy new year everyone x

I've been extra extra spoilt again this year!!!!! Having a lovely family day xxx

With my gold shoes from my gorgeous boyfriend
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    All of the people on mine who check into their comfy bed are single women. I wonder if they hope some big hunk will say "oh I wish I was in it with you"

You called? :D:D
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This won't just be a Facebook thing but I find it daft when people put kisses at the end of a comment on their own status or photo which isn't a response to someone else. It's like saying "If any of my followers are reading this, I send you love!". Ha.
  • saffron_starsaffron_star Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Excuse the mess. My children are busy making memories."

No...you are just too lazy too clean!
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    Oh dear.
    One friend has a new thing going now. instead of liking a comment she writes in the comment box "like"
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    This won't just be a Facebook thing but I find it daft when people put kisses at the end of a comment on their own status or photo which isn't a response to someone else. It's like saying "If any of my followers are reading this, I send you love!". Ha.

That annoys me too, although one time I send an email to my tutor and ended it with 'xxx' by a mistake :o:o haha
  • offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's this "I can't believe Jan's still dead" reference I keep seeing in this thread? It sounds amazingly ridiculous. Can anyone link me to the post where it's originally mentioned? I've searched myself but have come up empty handed.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Before they included deactivated accounts in the friend count, my friend count would be up one then down two on a daily basis.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's this "I can't believe Jan's still dead" reference I keep seeing in this thread? It sounds amazingly ridiculous. Can anyone link me to the post where it's originally mentioned? I've searched myself but have come up empty handed.

Post #1004
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I keep getting people complain about there not being a dislike button. Personally im glad there isnt as there are so many people using fb to moan and bitch that its good that fb ty and make it positive.
  • offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Post #1004

Thanks so much! :D

I've been going back to the earlier pages of this thread and reading all about Luke Lawton and his "wifey"...oh my! :eek:
  • ChickenWingsChickenWings Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Excuse the mess. My children are busy making memories."

No...you are just too lazy too clean!
    LOL :D
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Post #1004

Thanks, all the 'Jan's still dead' comments now make sense!
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Voynich wrote: »
    Yeah I notice some people just say nothing and deactivate! Chances are a lot of people won't notice. The 300 'friends' we have aren't real friends. Your real friends and family members will of course notice but you talk to them outside Facebook and have their phone numbers and email addresses? "Oh I was fed up with all the time it was taking up, I prefer to text/email or chat on the phone" probably works.

Yes, I'm going to tell nearest and dearest I'm moving to Twitter/reverting to email and ask them to unfriend me. The rest? Well the cheeky monkey in me is thinking of playing them at their own game and embarking on a campaign of irritating attention seeking, posting all manner of advertising carp, inviting everyone to join every bloody Farmville or Gem Drop or whatever and almost non-stop bragging and nauseating over-sharing about the intimate areas of my life...then see how long before they all delete ME!:D
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    I think the standard procedure is to announce to everyone that you are closing your facebook account. Then wait for the inevitable "oh no what's up hun", and You then reply "nothing I don't want to talk about it". You then deactivate your account, and then 2 days later rejoin facebook like nothing had ever happened.:D

I have four people on my FB who do that regularly..usually in the early hours of Sunday morning after copious amounts of alcohol ...they're usually back on FB by Monday morning!:D:rolleyes:
  • FortyTwo25FortyTwo25 Posts: 5,170
    Forum Member
    'So within the last hour & a half I had a fight with a woman in the library (I'm sorry but she got bussed up) & then nearly beat some boys with a brick & if that wasn't bad mum cussed out this woman who's being rude to **youngeer sister! In my defence the woman hit me first so she deserved a beat down! This family is something else I swear! #FamilyOfRambo!'

She's 8 months pregnant.
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FortyTwo25 wrote: »
    'So within the last hour & a half I had a fight with a woman in the library (I'm sorry but she got bussed up) & then nearly beat some boys with a brick & if that wasn't bad mum cussed out this woman who's being rude to **youngeer sister! In my defence the woman hit me first so she deserved a beat down! This family is something else I swear! #FamilyOfRambo!'

She's 8 months pregnant.

It's genuinely worrying to think of people like this being parents.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FortyTwo25 wrote: »

She's 8 months pregnant.

I couldn't help but read that in a gangsta accent!

Is she gangsta? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »
    I couldn't help but read that in a gangsta accent!

Is she gangsta? :D

She sounds delightful. Keep us posted on her :p

Someone I know uploaded a picture of her passport then deleted it when someone mentioned people can use your number to steal your identity.
  • LastlaughLastlaugh Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have FB, but my friend just told me about one girl we know who posted a picture of herself cuddling her little boy's blanket with the caption, "miss my baby when he's with nanny".

Was the picture necessary? Really?
This discussion has been closed.