Mutya Keisha Siobhan - second single (TBA)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're desperate so Big reunion as Sugababes could be on the cards. Although it will be their version of later events with no Heidi and Amelle there. Plus it's not a reunion (then again Blue and A1 weren't, as working together already!)

The Big Reunion desperately needs another big name other than Eternal. MKS are becoming more desperate. it's a match made in heaven.

However has the Big Reunion really worked for the other acts. No one has had single success, the tour may be lucrative but again it will cement Siobhan as NuHeidi rather than a new
    band. will they acknowledge 3.0 songs?
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,988
    Forum Member
    They're desperate so Big reunion as Sugababes could be on the cards. Although it will be their version of later events with no Heidi and Amelle there. Plus it's not a reunion (then again Blue and A1 weren't, as working together already!)

The Big Reunion desperately needs another big name other than Eternal. MKS are becoming more desperate. it's a match made in heaven.

However has the Big Reunion really worked for the other acts. No one has had single success, the tour may be lucrative but again it will cement Siobhan as NuHeidi rather than a new
    band. will they acknowledge 3.0 songs?

They probably wouldn't spend more than 5 minutes talking about the other girls, I doubt they would bring up that their biggest-selling single (I believe AYN sold more than PTB?) was sang by only one member of their current line-up lol
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    She is more of a Sugababe. She was there for 10 years, 6 #1 singles, 2 #1 albums, 17 UK top ten singles, four headline tours. She is more of a Sugababe than both Mutya and Siobhan.

Exactly. It was her who got the group to the top of the charts. Songs like Freak Like Me, Round Round and Push The Button are pop classics as far as I'm concerned. No other girlband has done songs like that.
    Forum Member
    Exactly. It was her who got the group to the top of the charts. Songs like Freak Like Me, Round Round and Push The Button are pop classics as far as I'm concerned. No other girlband has done songs like that.

I wouldn't say it was her as such, but I think she bought a relatable person into the mix. Before that they were just 3 moody looking girls. And she did help to soften Keisha and to an extent Mutya.

She didn't deserve the comments some people gave after Keisha left, and that people want to damage the Sugababes legacy by claiming pop classics like you mentioned don't really matter by saying only 1.0 matters is wrong.

I mean 2.0 played the Pyramid at Glastonbury, that's huge for a girl group IMO.
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where did all this talk of the Big Reunion come from? The wishful thinking of someone who doesn't have a clue?
    Forum Member
    Tribute wrote: »
    Where did all this talk of the Big Reunion come from? The wishful thinking of someone who doesn't have a clue?

It's just an idea. I mean, if they actually told us something, we wouldn't have to speculate about what's happening with them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's also being speculated by another site. I think MKS are desperate enough now. Their hopes of world domination and being able to stick fingers up at the wascurrent line up didn't work!
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Run for cover is still a beautiful track
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member

It's probably one of the best songs 1.0/MKS released. That and Overload.
    Forum Member

Agreed. One of my favourite singles. The Radio 1 session version on YouTube is beautiful
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    big reunion - M K S H???
    Forum Member
    big reunion - M K S H???

Heidi is on tour with Happy Days for a while so I doubt it. Wish it would happen if were not going to get a 2.0 why not make a 5.0
    Forum Member
    Just found this performance of Too Lost In You, performed by Keisha and Heidi back in 2004.

They both sound so good, there's also a Caught In A Moment which is just as good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tGS7mLqjs8
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    big reunion - M K S H???

I don't think Heidi would put herself back into it. if S left then they may knock on Heidi's door but if it was MKSH I think Heidi would demand Amelle joined so she had an ally. If it was MKSHA then Jade would knock down walls to be there as she's the most desperate for all the sugababes to get together. They'd have to physically remove her! :D

The only lineup I can see recreating any magic or having a stab at longevity is Mutya Keisha Heidi
  • spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so is a 2nd single coming or not??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so is a 2nd single coming or not??

Yes and they have a new management as the old one was sacked
    Forum Member
    Another new management? That's three management teams in less than two years
  • vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its all been a mess. We were promised "new songs within 10 weeks" in September 2012 but didn't get anything until July 2013. The single date moved 3 times and it's been 5 months with no further announcements.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes and they have a new management as the old one was sacked

Is there an official announcement? Or just what they have said on twitter??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so now we know an album IS coming after there gig on The Shard :S
    Forum Member
    so now we know an album IS coming after there gig on The Shard :S

Yeah the article on DS is a great piece of writing.

Headline confirms album will be released this year, article makes absolutely no mention of the headline instead giving us the same reasons/excuses as to why Flatline flopped that we've had since September
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think MKS should perform the new single and flatline on the X factor and the voice !?? Would be good promo
    Forum Member
    Do you think MKS should perform the new single and flatline on the X factor and the voice !?? Would be good promo

You have got more chance of MKS having 20 consecutive #1 singles and 10 #1 albums than them getting anywhere near The X Factor live shows, id say similar level of possibility for getting on The Voice also.

If Sugababes couldn't get on XF when About You Now was a massive hit, spending 4 weeks at #1 and was the sixth biggest selling single of 2007 in the UK, MKS have no chance with a #50 single that spent one week in the Top 100.
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have got more chance of MKS having 20 consecutive #1 singles and 10 #1 albums than them getting anywhere near The X Factor live shows, id say similar level of possibility for getting on The Voice also.

If Sugababes couldn't get on XF when About You Now was a massive hit, spending 4 weeks at #1 and was the sixth biggest selling single of 2007 in the UK, MKS have no chance with a #50 single that spent one week in the Top 100.

They are going to have to do it the hard way...play gigs, gain audience.

Do you think the talent show is the only route to success?
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will honestly be surprised if this album ever comes. I do think Heidi returning to make them a four piece is an idea they should seriously consider.