Options

Star Wars

Comments

• Options
    UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that Benedict Cumberbatch in the voice over?
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the same Internet bitchiness about the CGI around the place - and this is even further away from release than Jurrasic World! All directed to the man who is very fond of models and practical work.

( I've even seen complaints that they should have "built the Falcon and X-Wings instead" - seemingly not realizing that they were )
  • Options
    Zidane82Zidane82 Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Moggio wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOVFvcNfvE

Pity about the shit CGI. It's 2014, you'd think it would be good by now.

I just saw this clip on BBC News , it looks absolute pants to me . I really don't understand all the fuss about Star Wars at all . I was bored rigid from the first minute of the first movie and all I can remember is seemingly hours spent in the flamin' desert and guess where this clip starts off - in the flamin desert again . Agghhhh.
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well ....

not sure what to say really , they seem to be playing it safe , most of the images were from classic SW : stormtroopers , x-wings , TIEs , Tatooine .etc.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I'm Suprised at the negative reaction to the teaser trailer as I enjoyed it and I was suprised as they showed a lot more than I expected!

It seems some people are disappointed that there was no Luke,Leia or Han in the teaser but I was actually glad as it showed that this new film will feature more on the new characters!

I liked the new light saber but I am wondering who the Slith is!
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just seen another trailer which was a cam job inside a cinema and it is completely different to the trailer released over here. Shame about the quality tho as it would have made a better trailer imho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNzAocCE4yc
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Motthus wrote: »
    I'm Suprised at the negative reaction to the teaser trailer as I enjoyed it and I was suprised as they showed a lot more than I expected!

It seems some people are disappointed that there was no Luke,Leia or Han in the teaser but I was actually glad as it showed that this new film will feature more on the new characters!

I liked the new light saber but I am wondering who the Slith is!

It was way better than I was expecting and actually got me excited about seeing the film.

It was 'Star Wars' rather than 'something random with stuff from Star Wars in it'.
  • Options
    PaperSkinPaperSkin Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just seen another trailer which was a cam job inside a cinema and it is completely different to the trailer released over here. Shame about the quality tho as it would have made a better trailer imho

That's fake, footage taken from star wars games and even a bit of star trek haha. It baffles me that people put the effort in to do stuff like that, why just to trick people for a second, right ok.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    The CGI looked much better than it did in the 'Jurassic World' trailer.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's fake. It wasn't filmed inside a cinema, it's been filmed to make it appear that way, including the sound of the crowd.

I doubt very much the next Star Wars movie will feature Khan and the Klingon planet.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Its amazing how easily people have fallen for all these fake Star Wars trailer as they are obviously fakes unlike the proper one!
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well. So little. Yet so much anticipation. I'm high on excitement right now.

As are all my Star Wars fan friends. My Facebook feed has fallen over!
  • Options
    DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So little yet so much. Promising, I'd say.
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks proper epic :)
  • Options
    SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    Zidane82 wrote: »
    I just saw this clip on BBC News , it looks absolute pants to me . I really don't understand all the fuss about Star Wars at all . I was bored rigid from the first minute of the first movie and all I can remember is seemingly hours spent in the flamin' desert and guess where this clip starts off - in the flamin desert again . Agghhhh.

Not a very objective opinion then, probably wasn't worth you watching the trailer or posting in this thread.

On another note, a very minimalist thread title.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am sure that it will be a cinematic event.
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    I wonder if all the lightsaber blades are going to be re-imagined like the red one seen, with that kind of fuzzy energy?
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    I wonder if all the lightsaber blades are going to be re-imagined like the red one seen, with that kind of fuzzy energy?

I have always felt that the standard lightsabre is not exactly very protective for ones wrist is it?

I'm sure Mr Skywalker can attest to that :D
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it all except the CGI Falcon at the end. It didn't even look like the Falcon, and the way it was shot could easily have been lifted from an Abrams Star Trek movie.

But the rest was great. I loved the X wings skimming the water.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    It sound to me like Benedict does the first part of the voice over, but not the second. Maybe the second bit is Andy Serkis. Thinking that Serkis is the Sith and Benedict is the Head of the Jedi Council? (although I know they have not officially said that BC is involved).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    All the negative comments are pretty stupid. This is the FIRST teaser trailer for a film that is over a YEAR away. What were people expecting? they are hardly going to show their full hand on what will be the first of many trailers. It did it's job perfectly. The remarks regarding the cgi are dumb as this movie has barely hit post production. It will be polished within in inch of its life. Whether you like the new Star Trek or not, there's no denying the fx were superb and this will be the same.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    X-Wings skimming the water at speed

What more do you want from a teaser :D
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    I noticed it started with something appearing suddenly from the bottom of the screen (some dude in stormtrooper gear). A sly nod, perhaps, to the beginning of the original SW, with the ships appearing suddenly from the top of the screen. I liked that.

The rest? All it had to do was look Star Wars-y to serve its purpose, which it did. S'alright I suppose.
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok its got me feeling all Star Warsy again. The X Wings over the water were great as was the Sith dude and his new lightsabre, the stormtroopers were nice to see, the Falcon was a great way to end it, even if it looked a bit dodgy, but i know, i know, its just a teaser and they have a year to finish the post' and its bound to look a lot better in the finished film. The biggest disappointment for me was no Luke, Leia or Han though, shame still hearing THAT theme again always works a treat, can't wait for the next trailer!
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭