Options

Masterchef Australia the new one starts today

Comments

• Options
    fonzerellifonzerelli Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How arrogant is Jonathan!!

"I know why Claire picked me last, who would want to be against me in the final"

No Jonathan, she just isn't as fond of you!!!

Will laugh so hard if he's eliminated!!
  • Options
    andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    Apart from Callum "macaroon why he's still there"" Useless (don't know his last name), I actually quite like all these contestants compared to Series 1.

The 2 challenges they had yesterday guess what dish brought Callum yet again from the brink of elimination.....bloody macaroon!!!:rolleyes:

I think Jonathan is rather burnt out now hence he's slipping down nearing the end.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    If you want to know who won - and a very comprehensive summary of all the rounds so far, look up "Masterchef Australia" on Wikipedia. I thought knowing would spoil it for me, but not so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goldie146 wrote: »
    If you want to know who won - and a very comprehensive summary of all the rounds so far, look up "Masterchef Australia" on Wikipedia. I thought knowing would spoil it for me, but not so.

i've done my best to avoid knowing! I found out who won in season 1 and even though I still enjoyed it - I much prefer not knowing - Marion leaving for example came as a total shock!!
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Johnno the obnoxious bigheaded annoyance is gone, oh it was worth enduring all the sub-standard cooking and filler, just for the look on his face when he was beaten by the comeback kids.
    What an arrogant unlikable guy. Almost as priceless was the look on Clare and Callums faces, hilarious, they have unbelievably big notions about themselves. I think Callum might actually win, despite the fact he is only able to cook macaroons, he's been consistently useless and floating straight to the finals.
    Would love Clare to go next and then maybe Aaron.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whoop whoop!! Jonno went!!!

He thought he had the competition in the bag once Marion had gone!!!

Jimmy and Aaron to go next for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aw genuienely felt sorry for Claire last night!!!

pressure is getting to them!!!!
  • Options
    PuddleduckPuddleduck Posts: 1,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this series hasn't finished yet but I think a more recent series has already finished in Oz, does anyone know when it will be shown here?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Puddleduck wrote: »
    I know this series hasn't finished yet but I think a more recent series has already finished in Oz, does anyone know when it will be shown here?

Season 3 will be aired in Australia in April 2011.

Junior Masterchef has just finished in Oz but I can't imagine they'd be showing that here!
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goldie146 wrote: »

I'm so tempted to, but it's so near to the end that I can't be bothered.

Poor Claire during her challenge :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really enjoying the recent episodes

soooo shocked when marian left but her satay did not look appealing.

then had a laugh when jono went - have not liked him all series, too big headed and not that great a cook either.

tonight i was shocked callum went through after not getting all his plates done.
    personally l liked the look of jimmys food the best as it is the kind of thing i like to eat bt i do think he needs to be able to cook something other than curry
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jimmy to go tonight!! He has to!!! All he's cooked well is currys and he didn't even get that right this time!!!

Unfair that Callum got through. The judges should have scored what was on their plate and not pinched the pie from the other judges. He didn't complete the challenge but has strolled through to the final!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    I agree, Jimmy to go! I don't think he has ever elevated himself from home cook level, he just cannot compete on the same level. On the UK version of Masterchef last year, Dhruv took his inspiration from Indian food but it was most definitely stuff you wouldn't cook at home, it always looked divine!

And I also agree about Callum, how could they have marked him so high when he didn't complete his dish? I want Alvin to win I think so am upset he is in the bottom 3 at the expense of Callum.

I am absolutely loving this show, will be very upset when it finishes :(

I was going to google how to make Aaron's satay sauce yesterday but was too scared I may see who wins so will need to refrain until it finishes ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjsept wrote: »
    I agree, Jimmy to go! I don't think he has ever elevated himself from home cook level, he just cannot compete on the same level. On the UK version of Masterchef last year, Dhruv took his inspiration from Indian food but it was most definitely stuff you wouldn't cook at home, it always looked divine!And I also agree about Callum, how could they have marked him so high when he didn't complete his dish? I want Alvin to win I think so am upset he is in the bottom 3 at the expense of Callum.

I am absolutely loving this show, will be very upset when it finishes :(

I was going to google how to make Aaron's satay sauce yesterday but was too scared I may see who wins so will need to refrain until it finishes ;)

Definitely - I was thinking the same thing. he used an amazing amount of spices and ingrediants but presented in a fine dining way!! That pile of rice that Jimmy presented looked like a dogs dinner - and he was really chuffed with it!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Callum was very lucky not to lose marks for not getting all his food
    to the table. What was that mess that JImmy served up?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bullman wrote: »
    Callum was very lucky not to lose marks for not getting all his food
    to the table. What was that mess that JImmy served up?

Rice Curry and Chips!!! Pretty average for this stage in the competition!!!

Can you tell i'm not a Jimmy fan!!! hehe
  • Options
    sturnussturnus Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    fonzerelli wrote: »
    Jimmy to go tonight!! He has to!!! All he's cooked well is currys and he didn't even get that right this time!!!

I thought he was rubbish well before he got eliminated the first time. Don't know how he got back in, he was definitely weaker than Skye, for example. I too can't believe he could get through to the finals on just curries.
    Unfair that Callum got through. The judges should have scored what was on their plate and not pinched the pie from the other judges. He didn't complete the challenge but has strolled through to the final!!

Callum! Unbelievable! Mind you, I do love to see him stand there blinking, with his mouth open and his eyebrows going up and down, looking like a frightened rabbit in a headlight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Callum! Unbelievable! ! Mind you, I do love to see him stand there blinking, with his mouth open and his eyebrows going up and down, looking like a frightened rabbit in a headlig.[/QUOTE]

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Whoops, sorry, first time poster so couldn't get the quote right but you get the sentiment ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sturnus wrote: »
    I thought he was rubbish well before he got eliminated the first time. Don't know how he got back in, he was definitely weaker than Skye, for example. I too can't believe he could get through to the finals on just curries.

Callum! Unbelievable! Mind you, I do love to see him stand there blinking, with his mouth open and his eyebrows going up and down, looking like a frightened rabbit in a headlight.

Brilliant!!! and the big comedy gulp as he awaits the results!

Shame he's just a young lad and his technique and timing will get there eventually - just think they are giving him an easier ride!!
  • Options
    sturnussturnus Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Shame he's just a young lad and his technique and timing will get there eventually

Agreed. I think he'll be a great cook and some of his dishes have been excellent. However, his results are very inconsistent, he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes (or heed advice) and he needs several years' more experience before he does get there.

At the moment, he really should not be in the finals.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,679
    Forum Member
    Hi - very late to this discussion but just wanted to say I've really enjoyed this series. I only saw a few episodes of the first series, and it took me a while to realise it was on nearly every night :o.

I really like Adam and Aaron. Adam comes across as such a lovely person and I felt so sorry for Aaron when he went back to the house after beating the unbeatable Marion! The reaction was understanable but I was thinking "Get up and hug him someone!".
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had the theme tune in my head all day today! I'm becoming obsessed with it. Has it been released as a proper song, does anyone know? I also really love how one of the women in the credits is pounding her pestle and mortar away in time with the beat.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do hope Jimmy goes. I really like Aaron and Alvin. I wasn't a fan of the eliminated contestants coming back, but at least Courtney has done well since she came back. Jimmy's just done more curries!
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I definitely think Jimmy is the weakest of these three. I like Aaron and his hat. Adam is my favourite though, I think he's fab.