Options

I'm Sure Cats Are Weather Predictors

dollylovesshoesdollylovesshoes Posts: 14,531
Forum Member
✭✭
They predict the weather I'm sure of it! We have lovely black&white boy that visits me everyday, has been since he was a kittie! Usually its bed&Breakfast....then when its summer, hot days....dont see him......when its cloudy he appears wants in....bit of grub then a kip....:D Sunny weather you may not see him till the evening...:D So crafty...

Comments

• Options
    Mitten KittenMitten Kitten Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine gets very meowy when a storm is forecast. Has been so today and have rain and thunder. I think she is now asking for me to turn the water off as she is getting very bored indoors:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would you believe it? the bugger ventured in bit of grub (well loads of it) then p*ssed orf for a kip....still there and its p*ssing down of rain......He knew......he didnt bother yesterday when it was lovely and sunny.....:mad::D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    On the odd occasion we've had an earthquake in the UK, my two have gone absolutely bonkers - flying round the house, trying to get under the sofa, in the bottom of cupboards etc.The last time was a year or so ago when there was a quake in Scotland. I'm in the south of England. They certainly can sense the weather.
  • Options
    Shadow70Shadow70 Posts: 1,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lozza73 wrote: »
    On the odd occasion we've had an earthquake in the UK, my two have gone absolutely bonkers - flying round the house, trying to get under the sofa, in the bottom of cupboards etc.The last time was a year or so ago when there was a quake in Scotland. I'm in the south of England. They certainly can sense the weather.
    Yes, I remember my cats doing that. They woke me up in the night going mental. I couldn't understand what was wrong with them, and then about a minute later felt the earthquake.

Isn't there an old wives tale about being able to tell if it going to rain if a cat cleans behind it's ears. I don't think it is true though, or if it is my two don't know about it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cats slept throught the earth quake as i did too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah slept through that hurricane in '87! my little girl did as well......woke up next morning with garden in turmoil.....!:eek: my little cat slept all night with me though all that....Although I do think definatly they have a 6th sense....artful little sods....:D