Options

Shooting in Woolwich, London

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    CSJB wrote: »
    Im an atheist myself,I don't believe in any religion.
    I have read the Old Testament, full of hatefull violence like the Koran.
    But at least the Christian religions have evolved over time,can't say the same for islam though.
    It's still stuck in the past clinging on to the rules of fear and hatred.

Again, man wrote the books. Man is violent. Christianity has been used as an excuse for violence for centuries. Those opposed to our forces occupation in thier countries at present, may presume that as a Christians country we are doing it in the name of god, that we are terrorists, they condemn us based on their preconceptions of our motives, just as you try to condemn them.

Religion has a place in life for many, but when used as an excuse for violence it's a dangerous tool. Always has been.
  • Options
    CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    Just how the hell do the achieve that? Doesn't matter whether it be Muslim, Christian or whatever - damned near every religion will result in a radical element of some shape or form.

You cannot blame a whole religion for the actions of some of it's members.

You can if it is the idiology of said religion which causes the actions of its members.
  • Options
    Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    16caerhos wrote: »
    I'm glad they were shot. Scum like that shouldn't be allowed to live.

They are both alive and well , sadly .
  • Options
    CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is hindering us as a society is the hate filled racist bullshit you and others are spouting - personally you're a bigger danger to our society than any religion.

..I'm sorry how many migrants do you have in CALEDONIA?

Not many I'd imagine, you are so ignorant it's painful.

Typical liberal sitting in a comfy White middle class area gawping at those who have to face the multicultural criminal hell.
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    No :eek:

Yeah, he took the place of another "hostage" - got a medal for it too.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2507&dat=19771029&id=7OY9AAAAIBAJ&sjid=i0gMAAAAIBAJ&pg=2961,6502696
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But my point is you treat even a thread like this as though it's a "What's Happening At The Moment" thread. It just seems a bit off to me.

Can't see the similarity. WHATM threads are people discussing the show. This is posting links which I found for my own research and post them in case others find them useful, which many people do.
    It's rather more constructive than a lot of posts in this thread.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am pretty disgusted to see what this forum has turned into. Just deeply, deeply disappointed in a lot of posters.
  • Options
    QueenMaudeQueenMaude Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps more needs to be done to stop home grown terrorists, young Muslim men who become radicalised, brainwashed and indoctrinated by hatred against non muslims. Maybe more needs to be done in Mosques and Community centres where this stuff goes on, and it needs to be clamped down by their own communities. More and more lost young people are being radicalised by some phoney Islamic Jihad against the "west", and the more it goes on, the more chance of this stuff happening. I know it happens in every culture but as far as i'm aware, there isnt such a big problem with any other forms of Terrorism at the moment in the "west". I don't see the IRA trying to recruit anywhere near the scale as Islamic Terrorists do.

Communities should do more to stop this radicalisation happening inside their own mosques and on their own streets. I know this happens because i used to live in Luton and heard this recruitment drive for radicalist Islamists every time i ventured into Bury Park.
  • Options
    offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zizu58 wrote: »
    They are both alive and well , sadly .

I was hoping they might die. Damn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tothegrand wrote: »
    He could be a lunatic.

What about his mate ?
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please stop this same tired old nonsense, it gets none of us ANYWHERE

There is still a SEVERE problem with young Muslims in Britain and a good % of them harbor homicidal ideas.

This problem is not a problem for Hindus, Buddhists and Jews in Britain but is clearly a problem with Muslims and it has to be tackled head-on immediately otherwise we will just go in circles...all this namby pamby PC "oh we're all bad sometimes" crap is continuously hindering us as a society.

Agreed. There are times when you have to cut through all the bullshit, and this is one of them.
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There is still a SEVERE problem with young Muslims in Britain and a good % of them harbor homicidal ideas.

This problem is not a problem for Hindus, Buddhists and Jews in Britain but is clearly a problem with Muslims and it has to be tackled head-on immediately otherwise we will just go in circles...all this namby pamby PC "oh we're all bad sometimes" crap is continuously hindering us as a society.

Quite right. The radicalised young Muslim is the problem we living here have NOW. And by we I mean all of us, including the law abiding Muslims.
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ads wrote: »
    Well were the Muslim Council of Britain ever not going to condemn it? They have learnt their lessons from 'we condemn this, but...' response in 2005 which rightly appalled a lot of people

Damnded if they do....
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jrio wrote: »
    Police officers don't sit in police stations waiting to be called out for action. They're not like fire stations. Most officers on duty will usually be out in the local borough.

In my experience, because if it's proximity to the local court, there are normally several vehicles with officers adjacent to the station.

I think the police are lucky that more people were not attacked following this incident. There could easily have been a dozen casualties.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tothegrand wrote: »
    He could be a lunatic.

What about his mate ?

His carer ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member

Considering Caledonia is actually Scotland, and areas of Edinburgh and Glasgow also have large numbers of immigrants, I wonder who is really painfully ignorant?.
  • Options
    dawnrayddawnrayd Posts: 6,746
    Forum Member

Typical liberal sitting in a comfy White middle class area gawping at those who have to face the multicultural criminal hell.

True. Caledonia is hardly known for it's numerous Islamic districts and no-go areas.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never Nude wrote: »
    I am pretty disgusted to see what this forum has turned into. Just deeply, deeply disappointed in a lot of posters.

In what way, NN. A tad more detail perhaps ?
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Quite a lot actually and we don't have as many problems as in England. Of course, maybe that's because we don't have the f*ckwits of the BNP and EDL.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member

Have you any stats to back up your nonsense? How many of the residents at broadmoor are Muslim? Of all the ones I can think of, none. How many of our high profile crimes over the last 25 years are down to Muslims? I can name many many more that are non-Muslim related.
  • Options
    offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Agreed. There are times when you have to cut through all the bullshit, and this is one of them.

I agree too. Completely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voynich wrote: »
    Not exactly a very fair fight. Cowardly scum.

Especially as they ran him down in their car before dismembering him alive .
  • Options
    CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite a lot actually and we don't have as many problems as in England. Of course, maybe that's because we don't have the f*ckwits of the BNP and EDL.

Oh that's right, I love that Afro-Carribean community in Caledonia, not top mention the many Mosques you have up there and sharia courts..

..Pull the other one mate.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, you just have the anti English racists of the SNP.
  • Options
    jriojrio Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There is no reason to think there is a severe problem with young Muslims having homicidal ideas. It's a tiny amount.

It has absolutely nothing to do with ideas of political correctness.
This discussion has been closed.