Options

Season 11 Finale

Christian CageChristian Cage Posts: 6,239
Forum Member
Bristol Palin, Jennifer Grey and Kyle Massey will dance a Redemption dance and Freestyle to win that Mirrorball Trophy.

Comments

• Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to tonight's show.
    This season has flown by.
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    looking forward to tonight. Haven't been online too much since Tuesday so have managed to avoid spoilers. Although if Bristol wins the whole thing will be spoilt for me.
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would be amazed if Bristol won. I think the whole Bristol hoo-ha has done nothing but boost ratings and boost the numbers of votes for the other dancers. The much weaker dancer has never won DwtS yet since I've been watching, the results in the final have always seemed fair to me. I voted for Jennifer, but I wouldn't be unhappy to see Kyle win either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed the freestyles. I thought Bristol's was a bit mediocre compared to the other two (and I'm amazed that she'd never even heard of Chicago) but that was hardly surprising. I loved Jennifer's.

I laughed at Carrie Ann talking to Bristol about her Fosse styling - if she hasn't heard of Chicago then I highly doubt she'll know what Fosse styling is about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, they're reeeeeally spinning out this final show. I'm enjoying it but it's so LONG! I think I might have to go to bed.
  • Options
    fabulistfabulist Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Kyle's freestyle was really poor. They said it showed off his "personality" but it didn't - it showed Laceys. I know it was the show dance but it's disappointing to see someone learning ballroom and Latin for months and then having none of that content showed off. Instead you had an unrelated style, with both Pro and Amateur mirroring each other for most of the dance, which only served to highlight how much better she was than him (of course). In my opinion that's not really looking out for your Star..
    I also felt that Bristol danced much better than Kyle in the instant dance (which wasn't hard as he just stood there for most of it) so the scoring on this seemed a little unfair.
    Oh and Lacey looked rather trashy in that see-through catsuit didn't she? :eek: But not as trashy as Mark and Bristol grinding up against each other every five minutes :p
  • Options
    Sam WeissSam Weiss Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    It all seemed to turn out about how I would have placed the competitors. I do think that Brandy should have been third (or second) instead of Bristol, but Bristol turned out to be far from the worst of the original 12 (The Hoff and Bolten)and of all of the real dance beginners she probably worked the hardest and showed the most progress (I would have placed her 4th.)

Jennifer Grey was trained as a dancer when young and danced professionally, so I think it was a bit of an unfair competition.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,679
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the show last night. The placings were fair, although I would have preferred to see Brandy in the final three rather than Bristol too. Kyle was just so great to watch and in those last few seconds I really wanted it to be him, but really pleased for Derek picking up his third win!
  • Options
    cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm bloody livid!:mad::mad:

Been watching the whole series which I taped on V+ and get to the last few minutes..... And it cuts off after 3rd place is announced! Grrrrrr
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cezzy wrote: »
    I'm bloody livid!:mad::mad:

Been watching the whole series which I taped on V+ and get to the last few minutes..... And it cuts off after 3rd place is announced! Grrrrrr

Here you go:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SEQicFBX9w&feature=related
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Sam Weiss wrote: »
    It all seemed to turn out about how I would have placed the competitors. I do think that Brandy should have been third (or second) instead of Bristol, but Bristol turned out to be far from the worst of the original 12 (The Hoff and Bolten)and of all of the real dance beginners she probably worked the hardest and showed the most progress (I would have placed her 4th.)

Jennifer Grey was trained as a dancer when young and danced professionally, so I think it was a bit of an unfair competition.

Audrina was a much better dancer than Bristol, and she had never danced before either.

Bristol's attitude in the final annoyed me. Yet again she whinged about not being sexy etc etc. It's called acting Bristol. It's like she was determined not to enter into the spirit of the show. Very few people actually feel sexy anyway.

Jennifer had some advantages, but her health problems and age counted heavily against her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    I'm relieved Bristol didn't win. Apart from the public backlash she would've always known, in her heart, that she wasn't the best dancer but had won through Mom's influence, despite what she was saying to camera. BTW did her and Mark ever talk to each other??? He gave her music from 'Chicago' when she'd never heard of it or seen it???????:eek:

Interesting to see Len in action, working with Kyle.

I noticed Vernon Kaye on the front row - isn't he hosting a game show in the US? I wonder if he's considering the next season of DWTS?
  • Options
    sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really glad to see Jennifer win, and touching to see her brilliant actor/dancer father, Joel Grey, in the audience :D

Easy to forget she's fifty with a severe neck injury. She's a trooper.

I think Bristol showed what she's is really like - a spoilt, petulant, little strop. Does she seriously think she has any talent? She was PK, nothing more. Did it not occur to her that she was only there because of Mommy Grizzly's buddies? I disliked her attitute to her pro partner. She was frequently dismissive and just plain rude to him. She treated him as though he had BO. Brat!

Very sad not to see Brandy there instead of Bristol :(

Kyle was a honey to the end. Still loathe Madam Lacey. Lace cossie was tacky beyond belief and made her thighs look very sturdy :D

I thought Christina Aquilera was astounding and her dancers were just ace. Fabulous!

It's a great shame they let old creepy Hassledork out to sing! Euwww!
  • Options
    justpootlingjustpootling Posts: 3,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sofakat wrote: »
    It's a great shame they let old creepy Hassledork out to sing! Euwww!

That was quite unecessarily scary, especially with children watching.
  • Options
    Lobelia OverhilLobelia Overhil Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was delighted to see Jennifer and Derek win, they were fantastic.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found I was a little disappointed with the final; based on previous finals, I sort of expected more, nothing about it said WOW to me. All 3 improved their "repeat" dances, but Bristol's jive still had weak flicks etc, and was way overmarked - if I remember correctly she was given the same as Kyle who's foxtrot was far superior. I didn't hear the introduction to Jennifer's dance, and found it confusing. Maybe down to the music & the opening choreography, but I thought she was doing A.tango, quite surprised to find it morph into a paso!

Of the showdances, Jennifer's easily the best, there were a lot of very clever lifts etc., but a bit too much standing still at times, as if they got ahead of the music.

Kyle I have grown to love, but sorry, I still cannot take to Lacey; their showdance was just a poor-man's version of hip hop; I'm really sure Kyle was capable of much more.

Bristol's showdance was completely underwhelming. So she wiggled her hips when standing in a cage - so what, that hardly counts as dancing.

Had recorded the 2 shows on Sky+ and somehow managed to delete the results show before I watched it! Presuming Kyle 2nd, Bristol 3rd?
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    kaycee wrote: »
    I found I was a little disappointed with the final; based on previous finals, I sort of expected more, nothing about it said WOW to me. All 3 improved their "repeat" dances, but Bristol's jive still had weak flicks etc, and was way overmarked - if I remember correctly she was given the same as Kyle who's foxtrot was far superior. I didn't hear the introduction to Jennifer's dance, and found it confusing. Maybe down to the music & the opening choreography, but I thought she was doing A.tango, quite surprised to find it morph into a paso!

Of the showdances, Jennifer's easily the best, there were a lot of very clever lifts etc., but a bit too much standing still at times, as if they got ahead of the music.

Kyle I have grown to love, but sorry, I still cannot take to Lacey; their showdance was just a poor-man's version of hip hop; I'm really sure Kyle was capable of much more.

Bristol's showdance was completely underwhelming. So she wiggled her hips when standing in a cage - so what, that hardly counts as dancing.

Had recorded the 2 shows on Sky+ and somehow managed to delete the results show before I watched it! Presuming Kyle 2nd, Bristol 3rd?

Yes, Kyle came second.

I agree with you about Bristol's jive. I can't believe Jennifer's great jive in week 2 only scored 24, while Bristol's poor/mediocre jive in the final scored 27 :( I think they overmarked her towards the end to convince the public that she deserved to be there. Her showdance was poor, but I think that was largely Mark's fault. It was a terrible idea for Bristol. They should have done a lively, fun dance.

I've rewatched Jennifer's freestyle and I don't think they got ahead of the music, as they did certain moves in sync with some of the lyrics. I was a bit confused by her Paso too - the choreography was a bit odd. I did like it though.

I didn't like Kyle's Freestyle. It's not really my thing anyway, and I thought the whole thing just looked too messy and frenetic.

It was a mediocre final because Bristol didn't deserve to be there. I would have preferred Rick, Brandy or Audrina.

I don't really think Kyle should have been there either. Some of his dances were very overmarked. He had great energy, but his technique was pretty poor overall.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The right result in the end thank goodness & the top 3 in the right order based on their performance in the final. Jen & Derek were a class apart in the final. I too was disappointed by Kyle & Lacey's showdance, it was entirely hip hop in content and no ballroom/Latin.
  • Options
    jacquiannjacquiann Posts: 2,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very boring final imo.
    Was not impressed by any of the dances & wanted to slap Lacey for her awful choices :mad:.
    If Mark had a "Chicago" type idea in his head, why oh why did'nt he take Bristol to see it or at least rent the bloomin' movie?
    Jennifer & Derek's showdance was very lacklustre & "meh"
    I was expecting so much more; mind you they had pretty poor competition lbh. Brandy would have given them a run for their money.
    Best thing about all of it was Cristina :D.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally got round to watching it this afternoon having had the result spoilt thanks to the British press. :mad:

Overlong and thank god BP didn't win.I think her partner deserves a medal, she came across as a sulky brat. Are teen activists not allowed to watch Broadway Shows?I'd seen loads of West End musicals at her age,or at least watched them as films.Her dancing was plonky at best. A finalist? Never.

Jennifer and Derek were the best pair, but I cant help but feel the latter part of this season was highjacked by the Palins. Not my favourite season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tally wrote: »
    Finally got round to watching it this afternoon having had the result spoilt thanks to the British press. :mad:

Overlong and thank god BP didn't win.I think her partner deserves a medal, she came across as a sulky brat. Are teen activists not allowed to watch Broadway Shows?I'd seen loads of West End musicals at her age,or at least watched them as films.Her dancing was plonky at best. A finalist? Never.

Jennifer and Derek were the best pair, but I cant help but feel the latter part of this season was highjacked by the Palins. Not my favourite season.

Well they're supposed to be celibate too but she kinda forgot about that one didn't she? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This might explain why Derek choreographed such a tame freestyle.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/PainManagement/jennifer-grey-danced-pain-dwts/story?id=12234680
  • Options
    cazzbarcazzbar Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely loved the final. The last season bored me to tears and I didn't even bother watching the final - it just sat on sky plus for a few months before I deleted it.

Some judges say that certain dances move them to tears - well the Paso from Jennifer and Derek moved me (the dance, the outfits, the music - all beautiful, I loved it).

I felt for Mark Ballas, I don't think he got on at all with Bristol, must have been agony for him.

I also loved Kyle and Lacey - Lacey is a favourite of mine, quite daring choreography and fabulous dancing legs.

I think it was the correct result for the final - wonderful to see a touch of 'Baby' and loved it when Derek said he didn't want to be the one to put Baby in a corner.

:D
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually only just caught up with the final, and whilst I was rooting for Kyle and Lacey, I think Jen deserved to win.

On the topic of Lacey.. OMG. I really liked her on her debut season with Lance, and since then I've been a casual viewer at best, but i don't remember her being quite so.. tacky.. I know its harsh, but I found her a bit off-putting to say the least! :p
  • Options
    rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    im glad jennifer had won. she pulled some really good performances !, i wonder if derek will win next season ??????