Madonna just shows how bitter and threatened she is of competition *Video*

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Really? I got the impression she was actually sick of being asked about Gaga but knew the audience wanted something bitchy. Instead she opted for a compliment. Madonna could have given people what they wanted but she chose not to. The fact she has praised Gaga here seems to have annoyed certain Gaga fans more than if she had slagged her off.

Its been said now that in several interviews she has asked for Gaga not to be brought up but presenters keep doing so. Also as for Madonna being awkward. Have you not see this??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiL2YFeR0Qw

Its the most at ease she has ever been.

That could have been it, that's just the impression I got, especially after the famous 'reductive' interview. But then again I'm not overly familiar with Madonna's mannerisms.

If she doesn't want to talk about Gaga so much then I can't imagine why she would include Born This Way in her tour, further fanning the flames and people's interest...?

Yeah, I mean sitting down interviews where it's just purely question and answers. Tbh the only interviews I have watched of her was a David Letterman one and the Graham Norton one, and I definitely got a sense of her being quite awkward under that kind of pressure from the latter.
  • GGzSuxGGzSux Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    Savyannah wrote: »
    Lol at yourself, I've seen Gaga live and she is stunning, the sets, her acting, the story, it's a beautifully artisticly crafted performance, it's like a live musical movie!
    Yes she is actually, she's worked hard for many, many years to get where she is now and she has a beautiful voice and keen artistic eye/mind that I adore and many others do, that is why she is an amazing artist.

So?

I've seen Madonna many times before too and her shows are about as close to perfection as you can get There's really no other artist that comes close.

Every one of them are a spectacular feast for the eyes and ears. Infact, The Blond Ambition tour was the first show which paved the way for others to follow.

Gaga puts together carnival shows for the freaks of society and labels it as "art" when truthfully, they're more of an embarrassment than anything else.

Anyway, full marks for trying. :D
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Savyannah wrote: »
    Lol at yourself, I've seen Gaga live and she is stunning, the sets, her acting, the story, it's a beautifully artisticly crafted performance, it's like a live musical movie!
    Yes she is actually, she's worked hard for many, many years to get where she is now and she has a beautiful voice and keen artistic eye/mind that I adore and many others do, that is why she is an amazing artist.

I'm not a gaga hater in fact i enjoy her music and Madonna's for that matter. But a clear artistic mind really all i ever see from her is copy and paste from her many idols and influences if she perhaps concentrated on herself and making a decent album she truly could stand along side her idols and become an incredible artist as for now i just get the impression we're getting a cheap novelty act watered down to appeal to the masses that to me is not an artist and its a shame as she has or at least had such promise.
    Forum Member
    So you're mocking her for her weight (which I'm sure you'd have something to say about if little monsters did the same), using one gif of her doing one dance move in a two and half hour show, a video showing the crowd before the show had actually started, and I'm assuming that video is supposed to prove that Madonna is a better dancer than Gaga...? But Gaga is better singer, so I suppose it evens itself out doesn't it?
    Firstly,
    I hardly think Madonna would have sold 300 million albums if she couldn't sing and secondly, "Marry the night" was the last performance of the show...and thirdly, she STILL did that dance move, regardless of the length. We're not imagining it.

I could produce more video's of her "epic" dancing skills, but you will probably dismiss them like you usually do and argue that black's white, so it's a bit of a pointless exercise really.

That aside, I love that you've completely ignored what the other poster said about Madonna looking like she has rigor mortis and focused on my post.
    Why is it perfectly fine to mock someone because of their age?
    Funny how you guys refered to Adele as fat when she sold more albums than BTW, and yet now have the audacity to question others when Gaga has put on weight?

Seriously, fans like you seem to have a default setting which enables you to ignore and divert people away from the truth while blaming others, when it's usually the Little Monsters behind it.
    I've never come across such a vile fanbase that relishes starting fueds and slating almost every artist on the face of the planet. Especially the successful ones like Adele. But again, I expect you'll say they were joking and dismiss it like you usually do.
    Forum Member
    good to see people offering a clear-headed, objective opinion on the matter... :rolleyes:

Yes, because you're obviously a shining example of that in the Madonna threads.

:rolleyes:
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mialicious wrote: »
    early eighties

She has been in bands and done seperate dance recordings since the late seventies...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6jBID2G-qM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SQmRgW138M
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has been in bands and done seperate dance recordings since the late seventies...

(ignoring all previous irrelevant argumentative posts) :mad::sleep:

I do LOVE their recordings....they launched in 1979 didnt they soon after Madonna did a film when she moved to NYC...i must try and find that Doc i found when i posted it on the Madonna AT a while back showing Madonnas early days before her launch into superstardom - phenomenon - icon - legend status...it was fascinating!

I do hope these recordings see the light of day...i do love reading about the journey from The Breakfast Club and Emmy before the First Album came into fruition, fascinating :)
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest I don't see why Madonna should be compared to Gaga. Shouldn't Gaga be compared to Katy and Rihanna? Madonna is a living legend and Gaga certainly isn't at that level yet. And i'm not sure why Madonna should be jealous and threatened of Gaga:confused: Madonna has achieved more than Gaga can ever dream of and has sealed her legacy, she doesn't need to prove a thing to anyone
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

what year did she sign a record deal, what year was her debut single released. 1982
  • MissLaurentienMissLaurentien Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Really? I got the impression she was actually sick of being asked about Gaga but knew the audience wanted something bitchy. Instead she opted for a compliment. Madonna could have given people what they wanted but she chose not to. The fact she has praised Gaga here seems to have annoyed certain Gaga fans more than if she had slagged her off.
    I agree, I took Madonna more then a year to dared to mention that Born This Way is similar to Express Yourself. In the meantime a large proportion of Lady Gaga's fanbase had already spent the best part of their social lives attempting to lambaste Madonna online at any point possible. Before she even said anything about Lady Gaga.
    Forum Member
    I agree, I took Madonna more then a year to dared to mention that Born This Way is similar to Express Yourself. In the meantime a large proportion of Lady Gaga's fanbase had already spent the best part of their social lives attempting to lambaste Madonna online at any point possible. Before she even said anything about Lady Gaga.

This is what I find fascinating about the whole thing.

Even though Madonna was nowhere to be seen in 2011, she seemed to be getting an awful lot of abuse from not only Gaga's fanbase, but from people around her too.
    ...and yet Madonna was the one who was "Bitter" when she made the "reductive" comment almost a year later?

Please.:yawn:
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't see/hear bitterness or jealousy in that at all.... :confused:

I thought the Gaga bit was funny because she knows people want her to say something bad, but the way she says "good voice!" and then carries on to say about her tattoo says to me that she likes gaga a lot more than the press/media (and fans) make out... I mean if you hated someone why would you know what they're tattoo meant and admire it? :p

Anyway, the only 'bad' response to anyone in there was probably Elton John but that was comical and not even really an insult lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gelbma0991 wrote: »
    I didn't see/hear bitterness or jealousy in that at all.... :confused:

I thought the Gaga bit was funny because she knows people want her to say something bad, but the way she says "good voice!" and then carries on to say about her tattoo says to me that she likes gaga a lot more than the press/media (and fans) make out... I mean if you hated someone why would you know what they're tattoo meant and admire it? :p

Anyway, the only 'bad' response to anyone in there was probably Elton John but that was comical and not even really an insult lol.

BIB - THIS! Madonna admires gaga and she loves teasing media and she knows about fanbases...the fact this thread was even started i have no idea :confused: but social media really has highlighted the darkest side. Whereas Madonna right there knows about gaga and gaga has said several times before she went to a few of her Fame Ball/Monster Ball shows and offered gaga herself advice....it just seems absurd to think two years later we have bile thrown around :sleep:
  • NewBallsPleaseNewBallsPlease Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do love a good FAIL thread:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    BIB - THIS! Madonna admires gaga and she loves teasing media and she knows about fanbases...the fact this thread was even started i have no idea :confused: but social media really has highlighted the darkest side. Whereas Madonna right there knows about gaga and gaga has said several times before she went to a few of her Fame Ball/Monster Ball shows and offered gaga herself advice....it just seems absurd to think two years later we have bile thrown around :sleep:

I always compare it to the female judges on The X Factor. The media loves pitting two women against each other. If it isn't Gaga and Madonna it's Cheryl and Danni or Tulisa and Nicole.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    GGzSux wrote: »
    LOL.
    Whereas a cheap and tacky, clumsy knockoff, complete with flab and ugliness (at the grand old age of 26) is the perfect embodiment of what constitutes as an amazing artist?

Keep dreaming!

Um, sorry, who are you to poke fun at someones weight or looks? You're gorgeous are you?

What I find funny, is how you disapprove of these threads done by "Lady Gaga fans", as if they are all crazy and nasty, when you are the one attacking a woman on her looks and weight. I'd much rather be a Gaga fan than be a bitter troll like you.
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this thread is stooo-pid.

I have no problem with being critical of Madge (witness her ass-holism re: stripping for support of the muslim girl).
    But this is petty sh*te. She's giving quickfire answers to singers she clearly isn't bothered about. The only trace of cattiness, is directed at JLO, who deserves it for her comments she made towards Madge in the 90's (or was it early noughties?). Infact Madge needn't have bothered, time has proved JLO is a one trick pony who's outlived her sellby date.

And NO! I've not gone soft over Madge, I still think shes treading water re: music. Her only competition, imho, is Gaga, and its still early days for her.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shade detection FAIL. Madonna was not bitter about anything, she said GaGa has a nice voice end of. I don't know what more some people want her to say...?

GaGa is so desperate anyway, shading everyone from Calvin Harris to Christina Aguilera to try and make a headline, she needs to worry about her own ARTFLOP before anything else.
  • MissLaurentienMissLaurentien Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    GGzSux wrote: »
    This is what I find fascinating about the whole thing.

Even though Madonna was nowhere to be seen in 2011, she seemed to be getting an awful lot of abuse from not only Gaga's fanbase, but from people around her too.
    ...and yet Madonna was the one who was "Bitter" when she made the "reductive" comment almost a year later?

Please.:yawn:
    Also don't forget Lady Gaga lied by saying she had received an e-mail from from Madonna's camp for supporting Born This Way. Lady Gaga also made a very clear dig at Madonna for thanking Whitney Houston as a inspiration behind Born This Way at the MTV Awards.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with those saying the Madonna being jealous argument is so bizzare. You have to wonder why someone with a legacy spanning 4 decades would be jealous of anyone.

Madonna's made it and her name will be in lights forever. So its pathetic to say otherwise.
    Also don't forget Lady Gaga lied by saying she had received an e-mail from from Madonna's camp for supporting Born This Way. Lady Gaga also made a very clear dig at Madonna for thanking Whitney Houston as a inspiration behind Born This Way at the MTV Awards.

Don't forget the odd Jacko and Madonna tear down face tranny look at the end of the Born This Way video as well. I would have been offended by that more than the actual song itself! She was clearly sending some sort of message to Madge there...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with those saying the Madonna being jealous argument is so bizzare. You have to wonder why someone with a legacy spanning 4 decades would be jealous of anyone.

Madonna's made it and her name will be in lights forever. So its pathetic to say otherwise.

I know, Madonna is a living legend and has had a fantastic career. I can't see anything negative in that interview at all.Maybe when Gaga has had 30 years at the top, has become the biggest selling female artist of all time and has broken all Madonna's touring records we can then compare them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Don't forget the odd Jacko and Madonna tear down face tranny look at the end of the Born This Way video as well. I would have been offended by that more than the actual song itself! She was clearly sending some sort of message to Madge there...

Gaga started getting a bit too big for her boots with the BTW era IMO. She shouldn't be comparing herself to legends when she has achieved relatively little
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TH14 wrote: »
    Gaga started getting a bit too big for her boots with the BTW era IMO. She shouldn't be comparing herself to legends when she has achieved relatively little
    Yeah I mean at least when Madonna paid homage to Monroe in the Material Girl video she did it with class. The Madonna and Jacko images in Born This Way came across as tacky and big headed. Unless I missed the message she was trying to send out but then its never actually mentioned by the media that she did that if you noticed. Its more or less been brushed under the carpet.

I do like Gaga but I have never believed the whole innocent act. I still believe she egged Perez Hilton on in his campaign against Christina in 2010. She is very clever at hiding behind others when it comes to throwing shade.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    The Madonna/MJ "shade" in BTW is one hell of a reach though, not a fact.

I'm pretty sure she has said that it is herself at the end. A freckled, tearing, gap tooth girl in 90s clobber. It doesn't make sense that it's Madonna, and if she was referencing her you'd think it'd be more obvious.

The MJ reference is there IMO, but it's just a visual nod.
    Forum Member
    Um, sorry, who are you to poke fun at someones weight or looks? You're gorgeous are you?

What I find funny, is how you disapprove of these threads done by "Lady Gaga fans", as if they are all crazy and nasty, when you are the one attacking a woman on her looks and weight. I'd much rather be a Gaga fan than be a bitter troll like you.

Erm, have you been on another planet over the last few years or just simply chosen to ignore the poison arrows aimed at Adele and anyone else who dared to be more successful than Gaga?
    I do not usually poke fun at anyone's looks and If you bothered to read my posts correctly, you would notice I was actually giving them a taste of their own medicine, but I see you've ignored that, tripped and fell flat on your face. Oh well, carry on! :-S