How to remove Blu Tak Glu Dots

bgtensionbgtension Posts: 764
Forum Member
✭✭
I've used these Blu Tak Glu Dots to hang some Xmas decs and now cannot get them off my wall.

Any ideas how to remove them?

Comments

• JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not me, I'd never buy anything that was spelled as poorly as that.
  • StripeysoxStripeysox Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Don't know if the dots are the same, but any normal blu tak we have left on the walls I just get off by rolling more blu tak over it.

Might not work, but hopefully a bit more of a useful answer than the one above.
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stripeysox wrote: »

I assumed he/she'd already tried that. :p
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flame thrower?
  • WhiteFangWhiteFang Posts: 3,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wont they drop off eventually when they dry out.
  • bgtensionbgtension Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stripeysox wrote: »
    Don't know if the dots are the same, but any normal blu tak we have left on the walls I just get off by rolling more blu tak over it.

Have tried using more Glu Dots, even blue tack but to no avail. All I've managed to do is chip the plaster and put dirty finger marks everywhere:mad:
    I wouldn't mind but they didn't even hold the decorations up very well!
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Step aside, errbody! I've mastered removing adhesives from walls!

First you mix dishwashing liquid and warm water in like, a plastic bowl or whatever you have.
    Mix it with an old toothbrush, or cheap new one - keep mixing it until you have tons of soap suds.
    Take a rag or dishcloth (something abrasive) and dip an end into the foamy suds. Not the water.
    Place the soapy end of the rag onto the gluey dot thing and gentle press on it for a few seconds. Usually that's enough to raise it off. If not, try rubbing it lightly for a bit.
    If that doesn't work, dip the toothbrush into the suds and gently scrub on the adhesive area.

If none of those work, then I have no idea.
  • bgtensionbgtension Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sweh wrote: »
    Step aside, errbody! I've mastered removing adhesives from walls!

First you mix dishwashing liquid and warm water in like, a plastic bowl or whatever you have.
    Mix it with an old toothbrush, or cheap new one - keep mixing it until you have tons of soap suds.
    Take a rag or dishcloth (something abrasive) and dip an end into the foamy suds. Not the water.
    Place the soapy end of the rag onto the gluey dot thing and gentle press on it for a few seconds. Usually that's enough to raise it off. If not, try rubbing it lightly for a bit.
    If that doesn't work, dip the toothbrush into the suds and gently scrub on the adhesive area.

If none of those work, then I have no idea.

Tried all this......but to no avail:confused::confused:
  • dorahalldorahall Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should dry out in a few days then just drop off.