Jodie Marsh sees herself as fat and out of shape

Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
Forum Member
✭✭✭
At a size 6/8 and 8 1/2 stone.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2295888/Bodybuilder-Jodie-Marsh-opens-body-dysmorphia.html

I'm a bit confused now as she criticised Pwicey for calling size 10 Kelly Brook a *heffer* but she's now saying she looks in the mirror and sees herself as fat and out of shape. Surely she's sending out very mixed messages here? Or else she's just not had enough attention lately

Comments

• Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Balls.
    I think it's more likely to be a case of "Jodie Marsh talks a load of crap to get herself in the papers" to be honest.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of Jodie's but this isn't something that's developed recently. IIRC she's had a problem with her body perception for years, and it is a mental health issue, so she's more to be sympathised with than called an attention seeker.

http://www.mind.org.uk/mental_health_a-z/7990_understanding_body_dysmorphic_disorder
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Balls.
    I think it's more likely to be a case of "Jodie Marsh talks a load of crap to get herself in the papers" to be honest.

Yeah, that. For me, she's more annoying than Kerry Katona, Chantelle Houghton, Peter Andre, Katie Price, all the Katrashians and every other mind-numbing attention-seeking zelebrity out there put together.

She doesn't have one single redeeming quality. She's just an endless, pointless snore-fest of look at me me bodybuilding me me role model me me victim me me me me me :yawn::sleep::sleep::sleep: She is coma-inducing and should offer her services to an insomnia clinic and at least do something useful with all that hot air she spouts.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Body Dysmorphic Disorder is a very serious condition and sufferers are to be pitied.

Marsh is not, and has not, ever suffered from such a condition. She suffers from Media Dysmorphic Disorder where ANY appearance in the media under any auspices is to be striven for, irrespective of how stupid and repulsive it makes you look.

When the 'bullying' campaigns dry up and she gets dropped by which ever charity she is now working for (like she was by BeatBullying), she will be kept busy with her Polycistic ovaries, bipolar, cervical cancer scares, breast lumps, bulimia, anorexia, Post traumatic stress disorder and fake tan malfunction.

Poor, poor Jodie; the perpetual victim.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to her training to be a qualified tattoo artist? Or did she get bored with that one when the red tops and gossip rags didn't give a sh*t?
  • Keren-HappuchKeren-Happuch Posts: 2,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Body Dysmorphic Disorder is a very serious condition and sufferers are to be pitied.

Marsh is not, and has not, ever suffered from such a condition. She suffers from Media Dysmorphic Disorder where ANY appearance in the media under any auspices is to be striven for, irrespective of how stupid and repulsive it makes you look.

When the 'bullying' campaigns dry up and she gets dropped by which ever charity she is now working for (like she was by BeatBullying), she will be kept busy with her Polycistic ovaries, bipolar, cervical cancer scares, breast lumps, bulimia, anorexia, Post traumatic stress disorder and fake tan malfunction.

Poor, poor Jodie; the perpetual victim.

I don't know, I genuinely think Jodie has some form of mental illness and has done for years. She certainly comes across as being very vulnerable. I can't help but like her though - I don't know why, yes she's an attention seeker but I think she's a much nicer person than Katie Price, Chantelle and co. could ever be. I think she's just extremely messed up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know, I genuinely think Jodie has some form of mental illness and has done for years. She certainly comes across as being very vulnerable. I can't help but like her though - I don't know why, yes she's an attention seeker but I think she's a much nicer person than Katie Price, Chantelle and co. could ever be. I think she's just extremely messed up.

I agree as far as the mental illness aspect goes, but I think she's as bad as KP and Chantelle in the nasty personality stakes. She's just as willing as either of those two to be unpleasant when she wants.

I think her mental health problems extend to the tattoos as well. Nobody could have that many and that awful inkings without something being skewed with their psyche.
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    What happened to her training to be a qualified tattoo artist? Or did she get bored with that one when the red tops and gossip rags didn't give a sh*t?

It didn't get her any attention. Whereas, being able to jump on a bandwagon de jour, does.
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This. There still appears to be more humanity in her than the others mentioned in this thread. She doesn't appear to come across quite so fixated with the pound signs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mr muggles wrote: »
    This. There still appears to be more humanity in her than the others mentioned in this thread. She doesn't appear to come across quite so fixated with the pound signs.

I don't think she's as fixated with making money but I do think she's obsessed with getting attention any way she can
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    She is an attention seeker always has been
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Yeah, that. For me, she's more annoying than Kerry Katona, Chantelle Houghton, Peter Andre, Katie Price, all the Katrashians and every other mind-numbing attention-seeking zelebrity out there put together.

She doesn't have one single redeeming quality. She's just an endless, pointless snore-fest of look at me me bodybuilding me me role model me me victim me me me me me :yawn::sleep::sleep::sleep: She is coma-inducing and should offer her services to an insomnia clinic and at least do something useful with all that hot air she spouts.

I love a good rant.:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2295888/Bodybuilder-Jodie-Marsh-opens-body-dysmorphia.html

I'm a bit confused now as she criticised Pwicey for calling size 10 Kelly Brook a *heffer* but she's now saying she looks in the mirror and sees herself as fat and out of shape. Surely she's sending out very mixed messages here? Or else she's just not had enough attention lately

There's a world of difference between insulting someone else and your perception of your own body. In fact if you have your own body issues you can be extremely sensitive to people name calling others for what you think your own issues are - real or imagined
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree with this. I think all the years of being bullied and told she's ugly have stayed with her, she seems to over compensate the whole time. She says she's got over the bullying but I don't think she has.
    I agree as far as the mental illness aspect goes, but I think she's as bad as KP and Chantelle in the nasty personality stakes. She's just as willing as either of those two to be unpleasant when she wants.

I think her mental health problems extend to the tattoos as well. Nobody could have that many and that awful inkings without something being skewed with their psyche.

She hasn't been nasty about anyone in years, so I'll assume she's grown up and moved on from all that. In fact, if anything, she's very positive about people now, except Katie Price who deserves every backlash she gets.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GerriP wrote: »
    There's a world of difference between insulting someone else and your perception of your own body. In fact if you have your own body issues you can be extremely sensitive to people name calling others for what you think your own issues are - real or imagined

In the actual interview though she says she feels fat and out of shape compared to her body-building body. She didn't actually say she thinks she's fat and out of shape, so that's the newspaper taking things a bit out of context.
  • Keren-HappuchKeren-Happuch Posts: 2,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree as far as the mental illness aspect goes, but I think she's as bad as KP and Chantelle in the nasty personality stakes. She's just as willing as either of those two to be unpleasant when she wants

Oh yeah, she's certainly been nasty about people in the past but I don't think she's ever been a truly nasty person deep down. As Rose Petals said, I think she has grown up. I don't think she's even as fame whorey as she used to be. KP comes across as being very hard and robotic, whereas with Jodie all I can see is a hurt little girl. I just want to give her a hug. :o
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree.
    Also, she might not use it as much as I'd like, but at least she has got a brain.
    Obviously it was her decision to go down the dumb blonde route, but again, I think it's got something to do with her issues.
    I quite like her to be honest, but no doubt about it, the girl has got problems.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those Tattoos do nothing for her at all they just make her body look a mess.I don't think tattoos look good on women
    I'm a man and I only have one big one on my **** ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rgflynn wrote: »
    Those Tattoos do nothing for her at all they just make her body look a mess.I don't think tattoos look good on women

The ones she has don't look good on anyone, male or female.
    I'm a man and I only have one big one on my **** ;)

Thanks for that news broadcast, it's quite turned my stomach.
    Does it say 'All for you'? :D:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ones she has don't look good on anyone, male or female.

Thanks for that news broadcast, it's quite turned my stomach.
    Does it say 'All for you'? :D:p

:D:D I should have got that added on.
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ding ding ding! You've answered your own question!

"Skinny Jodie thinks she's fat!" Headlines followed by a walk down mammary lane with many pictures of Jodie, her hideous tits and lack of clothing showing just how not fat she is!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    Ding ding ding! You've answered your own question!

"Skinny Jodie thinks she's fat!" Headlines followed by a walk down mammary lane with many pictures of Jodie, her hideous tits and lack of clothing showing just how not fat she is!

is it bad that I read that as w*nk? :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrMarple wrote: »
    I agree.
    Also, she might not use it as much as I'd like, but at least she has got a brain.
    Obviously it was her decision to go down the dumb blonde route, but again, I think it's got something to do with her issues.
    I quite like her to be honest, but no doubt about it, the girl has got problems.

Has she?

I've not seen any evidence of it tbh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has she?

I've not seen any evidence of it tbh.

Well she's always telling us she has 47 GCSEs and 12 A levels and she coulda been a lawyer if she could have been arsed to go to uni rather than just get her t*ts out for the lads instead.

I do think, deep down, Jodie is a halfway bright girl and is a decent person underneath the facade but it's hidden beneath so many layers of slap, creosote, ronseal and hideous tatts that it'll never see the light of day again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she's always telling us she has 47 GCSEs and 12 A levels and she coulda been a lawyer if she could have been arsed to go to uni rather than just get her t*ts out for the lads instead.

I do think, deep down, Jodie is a halfway bright girl and is a decent person underneath the facade but it's hidden beneath so many layers of slap, creosote, ronseal and hideous tatts that it'll never see the light of day again.

I thought it was 48 GCSE's and a BTEC in eyelash extensions:confused::D

Yes, I do actually think she has a semblance of something there; she just seems determined to keep it as hidden as possible in between all the twaddle.