Been offered a job but I feel bad

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am now thinking of risking it and telling ALdi I am not interested.My meeting is tomorow with Natwest and Aldi want me to sign a contract Friday and start Monday the contract could state I can't get out of it for X amount fo time.

I am kinda conflicted about it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hardly the world's expert when it comes to careers but I'd take the risk and turn Aldi down. With all due respect it is just a supermarket and supermarkets are always looking for people. If banking is something you have your heart set on then you should go for it. You've done the bulk of the application process and are now on the final stepping stone to getting the position, all you need to do is impress the manager.

You wouldn't particularly be letting Aldi down, it will be so easy for them to find a replacement. Good luck. :)
  • GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alex_r_pc wrote: »
    Aldi want me to sign a contract Friday and start Monday the contract could state I can't get out of it for X amount fo time.
    Make them wait, they wanted you remember.

If they won't wait a few days then they probably wouldn't prove a very good employer anyway.

Loyalty to companies doesn't pay the bills... when it comes to employment/jobs, think of yourself first, second and third!!

That's why I work for myself ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely loved the branch I visited(Royal Bank of Scotland) and the people were were so great and so friendly and I was even introduced to a couple of customers and shown around and introduced to the team. I am so happy and excited that I think it's best for me to take the risk.

I have a back up of sorts in an interview with the HFC and Nationwide banks/building society and to be honest my brother says I should turn them down and getting a job was more about being able to pay him rent and stuff but he said he can wait.Tesco would be more than enough to keep me afloat if rent isn't a problem. I am worried he'll try and force me to sign it though though I guess he can't really do anything
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    May I first say that I thank each and every one of you for the great advice during this whole thing. It is greatly appreciated I assure you.

Just to give you an update I officially pulled out of going to Aldi today in order to take the risk of pursuing my personal draem :)