• Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most implausible episode yet.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,714
    Forum Member
    If I wanted plausible I wouldn't be watching most of the US shows I watch :D
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay, I am now officially bored by it. So won't be watching in future.

Its just turned into a formalistic crime drama thing.
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    donna255 wrote: »
    Okay, I am now officially bored by it. So won't be watching in future.

Its just turned into a formalistic crime drama thing.

That's fine by me. Some of my favourite shows are formulistic crime dramas :)
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    If I wanted plausible I wouldn't be watching most of the US shows I watch :D
    Same here - my favourite, the Science Teacher making crystal meth, with a DEA brother in law.;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been sticking with it. I like the FBI team on this better than on The Blacklist, mainly because they are a bit messier. I also like the uncertainties, moral and otherwise. We've been encouraged to like Mayfair, to the point where (in my view) she doesn't seem to deserve what's happened to her. On the other hand, every other group the tattoos have taken down have been very evil, making it unlikely they got it wrong in her case.

As for Jane Doe... she was clearly manipulated over Mayfair. They've been calling her "Taylor", so if she isn't Taylor then the manipulation goes very deep. Makes me wonder if anything she's got from the tattoo people is real. Maybe the whole thing wasn't her idea like they told her it was.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been sticking with it as well, albeit at US pace, where it's now finished.

It's been getting VERY good - the last few episodes do contain some rather good twists and turns.

The encouraging thing to hear is that, apparently, there are going to be a lot of answers in the season two premiere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed it. Glad to hear it's got another season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    brangdon wrote: »
    Maybe the whole thing wasn't her idea like they told her it was.
    Well we clearly saw here in a recorded cell-phone video clip say it was. So unless she did that under duress...? Which is possible I guess :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well we clearly saw here in a recorded cell-phone video clip say it was. So unless she did that under duress...? Which is possible I guess :)

Maybe she planned to use the tattoos and the memory loss but someone has subverted that and is using her for their own ends.

Still, particularly given the flashbacks at the end where she seemed to remember the conversation with Mayfair's ex, I suspect that she was just misled from the beginning into thinking Mayfair was worse than she was and the whole plan was devised based on false information.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe she has an identical twin sister.

As I recall, they've established both that Jane has Taylor Shaw's DNA and that she isn't Taylor Shaw. If so, it's not too far-fetched to think she might be a clone, in which case there might be other clones.

Maybe the the finale will clarify.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Both reasonable theories. Like I said.. anything's possible :p
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Great finale for season one last night - Codes, Holes and a Memory Stick - pleased 'Jane' didn't lose her memory again too.
  • Options
    HildasMurielHildasMuriel Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    We've been encouraged to like Mayfair, to the point where (in my view) she doesn't seem to deserve what's happened to her. On the other hand, every other group the tattoos have taken down have been very evil, making it unlikely they got it wrong in her case.

To them, Mayfair is evil because she got people imprisoned on evidence that would not stand up on court. NOT saying these people were innocent, but that the evidence was not legally obtained.
    So to punish her, they murder a woman and frame Mayfair for it. Totally proportionate response ;-)

I'm having trouble seeing the people behind that tattoos as the good guys - just another bunch of hypocritical fanatics who believe the ends justify their violent means.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm having trouble seeing the people behind that tattoos as the good guys - just another bunch of hypocritical fanatics who believe the ends justify their violent means.
    Indeed. I was very disappointed when they used the "America is corrupt and broken and we're doing this to fix it" trope. Wish they'd come up with something more original :(
  • Options
    marke09marke09 Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    worse thing about series 2 - no Mayfair
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To them, Mayfair is evil because she got people imprisoned on evidence that would not stand up on court. NOT saying these people were innocent, but that the evidence was not legally obtained.
    So to punish her, they murder a woman and frame Mayfair for it. Totally proportionate response ;-)
    We had thought that, but on her USB stick there were 3 folders, and only one of them was about that (Daylight). The other was Orion, which the tattoo people have mentioned but I don't think we know what it is, and the other was something I don't recall seeing before at all. So Mayfair was involved in more than illegally obtained evidence.
    I was vastly disappointed to learn they were trying to destroy the system in order to create a new one. A cliché, but also I felt they were too well-resourced and intelligent to be doing something that to me seems so dumb.

Aside from that, I liked the threat of erasing Jane's memory again. Her boyfriend was a bit of a dick, really. Shame she had to pick up the stupid-ball for that final scene. If she'd said anything meaningful while she was being accused by Kurt she could have defused the situation somewhat. Just declaring that she wasn't Taylor would have helped.

Mayfair's death was another example of the "Kill the lesbian" trope. All the more because there were so few major character deaths in the season. Patterson's boyfriend David being the other one. (I don't count Kurt's dad because he was always going to die.)
  • Options
    Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marke09 wrote: »
    worse thing about series 2 - no Mayfair

I think Mayfair will be back, not convinced she's a gonna just yet.

Just binged the whole series and really enjoyed, yes there are similarities to the blacklist but I think i actually preferred Blindspot this time round. Nice mix of characters and looking forward to S2 especially with Archie Panjabi joining.
  • Options
    KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    I dropped it after eight episodes. I felt I had seen it all before and I kinda have.

It's no different than The Blacklist or Person Of Interest.
    Being compared to Person of Interest should be regarded as a compliment. Especially POI past season 2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 1 of Blindspot probably beats season 3 of The Blacklist for me. The similarities don't bother me, because they both have enough of their own stuff going on.
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Geek Town season 2 starts on 17 November at 9pm on Living.
  • Options
    rob_knightrob_knight Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know how long it's off for? I tend to watch most things on demand these days so usually miss closing credit announcements that a show is taking a break.

Edit: A quick search and I gather we've caught up with the US?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've only just realised it wasn't on this week! >:(:blush: Back next week according to DigiGuide.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do you think of her hair style? It's all ragged. When we first saw it, I though it reflected the trauma she'd been through, as if her captors had just hacked it off without letting her access a proper barber. However, she's now been in the normal world for a long time, her hair must have grown out some and she surely has been to a proper professional hairdressers - yet it looks the same. She must like it like that. It's a choice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What do you think of her hair style? It's all ragged. When we first saw it, I though it reflected the trauma she'd been through, as if her captors had just hacked it off without letting her access a proper barber. However, she's now been in the normal world for a long time, her hair must have grown out some and she surely has been to a proper professional hairdressers - yet it looks the same. She must like it like that. It's a choice.

A good point :smiley:

I guess she has other priorities!