audi vs bmw

2»

Comments

• KindaKinda Posts: 4,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SummerRain wrote: »
    Not really. Plenty of girls love and are knowledgeable about these types of cars, not just men - just like a lot of girls are knowledgeable when it comes to football (no, not how pretty the footballers are)

:confused: I am female and I love cars, hence my choice of the M6

I meant his trying to wind the women up was...

If it's a toss up between burning my bra or laughing, when it comes to posts about cars and sports...that post made me smile!
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the BMW 1-series shape but if I had to choose between the two, it would be Audi - too many BMWs (but not all) are being driven by idiots.
  • HurlleyHurlley Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Audi has had a lot of cinematic presence, looking very cool in my eyes at the moment really liking the design. The lights at the front look very cool. After watching i-Robot just amazing!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,283
    Forum Member
    Kinda wrote: »
    I meant his trying to wind the women up was...

Ah ok :D
  • Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting, as the Q7 is built on the same platform as the VW Touareg. Lovely car, nevertheless. :)

Same platform as the Porsche Cayenne as well, but the Q7's way bigger than the Touareg:

L 5086 vs VW 4753
    W 1983 vs Vw 1977
    H 1737 vs VW 1703

:p:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,940
    Forum Member
    bmw 335d, if you get it remapped, its the fastest car on the road:
    http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=571152&i=600

Oh god, that thread. It gets everywhere! (It's in the PH book, too. :D)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im a good few years from being able to afford either a BMW or an Audi but I seem to like BMWs more and more.

Audis do look nice but BMWs attract my attention more these days. Although the 3 series convertable doesn't look too good IMO.

Ive been a passenger in a 530D a few times, really good stuff. The torque knocks you for 6 :eek:

One thing with these German cars (Audi/BMW/Merc) talk about a boring interior, at least the black trim. Just so dull and generic looking. Its well built but I prefer the cockpit of my Laguna!
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Audi every time. There's something not quite right with BMW owners, the chav's favourite car

Audi's are just the same in that respect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer the Audi's - there's something very solid about the build quality. :)
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cant stand either of them-or vw either.
  • McLovin85McLovin85 Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like BMW'S but the majority are driven by arrogant cocks who think they rule the world and the road.

So Audi it is.
  • allfiredupallfiredup Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never drove an Audi but I have a BMW and I cant speak highly enough of its all round quality.

I also feel sorry for people that choose their cars based on percieved "images" of the car.

Talk about being a hypocrite!! Your worried about your image and then you dont buy a car because of its image because you dont want to damage your own image!! Who has got the "image" issues? lol
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    McLovin85 wrote: »
    I like BMW'S but the majority are driven by arrogant cocks who think they rule the world and the road.

So Audi it is.

The problem with Audis & BMWs (mostly BMWs) is that a large proportion of their drivers think that they are driving some sort of omnipotent status simple.

The sooner they realise that they are ordinary cars like every Ford, Vauxuhall, Peugeot etc etc on the road, the sooner these excellent cars can lose their questionable images.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I generally find BMW drivers fine - I get the odd one or two tailgating (usually X3/5s blasting up behind you at 95 MPH in the outside lane of a dual carriageway) but I've even been flashed out a few times by them :O

Don't get much grief from Audis either, besides the odd A3 doing the same trick as the X3/5s.

I find Vauxhalls worse (not indicating and tailgating) and Nissans (pulling out from being stationary with no mirror or signal, just maneuver!)
  • LilyThePinkLilyThePink Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    I have a BMW 535D and do not have a penis at all, nor do I want one, I have previously had Mercs but BMWs are simply more fun to drive, I don't think Audis are pretty enough, but that's just me, it wouldn't do if we were all the same :-)
  • gwynnegwynne Posts: 721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None of these makes do well in customer surveys!
    I would buy a top end Lexus and forget about unreliability and appaling dealerships for ever!
  • MartinJMartinJ Posts: 10,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pfft us Merc drivers look down on both :D
  • MartinJMartinJ Posts: 10,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gwynne wrote: »
    I would buy a top end Lexus and forget about unreliability and appaling dealerships for ever!

Wouldn't mind an LFA!

Any other Lexus is a paragon of tediousness.
  • David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gwynne wrote: »

Lexus - just as long as its not one with a Toyota Sticking accelerator. O and BTW, most German cars have a safety feature in case they should ever develope the same problem - if you touch the brake pedal, the engine revs are reduced to idle speed (engine override system I think its called).
  • trevalyantrevalyan Posts: 7,705
    Forum Member
    McLovin85 wrote: »

So Audi it is.

Audi seem to be taking over that mantle recently

i have had both though, and i do, unfortunately, drive like an arrogant cock whichever i am in
  • minorityminority Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I had to pick between the audi and BMW...if money no issue it be the r8.

But in reality I think I would go for a BMW series 1 or 3 (I love a 3series sports). I am finding more and more ***** are driving Audi now so can't just see BMW drivers are arses now lol.

I find the audi a3 to square looking to some extent but then again it is just like the golf which I don't like due to it being to square for my taste...unless you give me a gti or r32 lol.

I also have a seat cupra since it made by the same company as Audi lol and same chasia
  • iangradiangrad Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Audi = Class
    BMW = chav
    Lexus = Toyota
    Merc = grandad

Simple