Options

Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy to take the bait now and again:)

And I will be happy to keep feeding you. ;)
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Read that Suarez is a doubt with his dodgy ankle but Sterling and Allen are looking like starters again.

It's amazing he hasn't been injured more often, the amount he gets kicked! Seems to be made of steel.

Definitely a must-win game with our tough upcoming fixtures in mind. Hopefully BR can stop talking about where we can finish now, as all the talk of "top 4 and more" probably contributed in part to the complacent, lackadaisical performance we saw against Villa. Everyone else takes the "one game at a time" approach, so it's probably best we do too. :D
  • Options
    ImonfireImonfire Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul Dalglish‏@pauldalglish

LFC is too big a club to risk having rookies in all power positions. Ayre, FSG & BR all have no experience in their positions at a big club
  • Options
    TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 different people named there

Ayre...Total waste of space in my opinion

FSG...We need to give them a little more time before we can comment. I.E Ground ...Team investment

BR...Again more time but on this season alone seems slightly out of his depth
  • Options
    KierenjKierenj Posts: 2,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imonfire wrote: »

LFC is too big a club to risk having rookies in all power positions. Ayre, FSG & BR all have no experience in their positions at a big club

I think aside from the Yankees the Red Sox are the biggest team in Baseball and dwarf Liverpool in terms of revenue... not sure how they are classing "big club".

I know it's a different sport but they are more than experienced at running a high profile club with a lot of history.

As much as it pains me... you guys will come good eventually... they only way you won't will be if you continue to chop and change, I can't think of any manager with experience at a "big club" who would want to come to Liverpool so you are best off not messing with things and leaving it a couple of years. You'll have a couple of seasons of mediocrity and then come good... I guess the digital age, modern fans, modern money, internet forums just leads people to only think of the right now.
  • Options
    kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member

Guess this has nothing to do with his dad getting sacked then.. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    I think Paul Dalglish would do well to look closer to home when looking for Liverpools problems. His father had "experience" and that went well.
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    What do fans think on here about the players we are intrested in ?

Borini , Allen , sahin have not exactly done much and it seems like we are going to buy even more mediocre crap .
  • Options
    SlowRapSlowRap Posts: 1,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    I think Paul Dalglish would do well to look closer to home when looking for Liverpools problems. His father had "experience" and that went well.

Exactly you can feel the bitterness he exudes with every letter, vile.
  • Options
    steve9999steve9999 Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He does well to hold his fire. Last year we had a great defence ( even tho the goalie was poor and is still poor! )
    We dominated teams but lacked goals so Kenny had lined up Defoe and Momo Diame and there was talk of walcott

So to me it looks like Kenny was correcting his transfer mistakes. But no we boot a legend and get Rogers in who has spent 30+ million net on Allen,Borini,Sahin and assaidi

And now Rogers is gonna buy Sturridge? No wonder Paul is pissed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    steve9999 wrote: »
    He does well to hold his fire. Last year we had a great defence ( even tho the goalie was poor and is still poor! )
    We dominated teams but lacked goals so Kenny had lined up Defoe and Momo Diame and there was talk of walcott

So to me it looks like Kenny was correcting his transfer mistakes. But no we boot a legend and get Rogers in who has spent 30+ million net on Allen,Borini,Sahin and assaidi

And now Rogers is gonna buy Sturridge? No wonder Paul is pissed

He may well be pissed but whether his father is a legend or not he completely cocked up his signings when he was at the club and that is the overriding reason for the problems Liverpool are in right now. On that basis he would do well not to say too much.

That £100m spent half way wisely would have done two things - firstly it would have created a squad EASILY capable of challenging for top 4, secondly it would have given the owners some sort of encouragement to continue spending.

If you take the spending overall since FSG took over it MUST rank as some of the worst value for money overall in football history. If the Sturridge deal goes through that must be about £150m passing through the Liverpool coffers and into accounts of other teams. If you are the owners its not unreasonable to expect a significantly better side after that level of investment.

Im also not entirely convinced that Dalglish having completely wasted that money was suddenly going to do a 180 degree shift and start making good transfer decisions if he had been kept on.
  • Options
    steve9999steve9999 Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He may well be pissed but whether his father is a legend or not he completely cocked up his signings when he was at the club and that is the overriding reason for the problems Liverpool are in right now. On that basis he would do well not to say too much.

That £100m spent half way wisely would have done two things - firstly it would have created a squad EASILY capable of challenging for top 4, secondly it would have given the owners some sort of encouragement to continue spending.

If you take the spending overall since FSG took over it MUST rank as some of the worst value for money overall in football history. If the Sturridge deal goes through that must be about £150m passing through the Liverpool coffers and into accounts of other teams. If you are the owners its not unreasonable to expect a significantly better side after that level of investment.

Im also not entirely convinced that Dalglish having completely wasted that money was suddenly going to do a 180 degree shift and start making good transfer decisions if he had been kept on.

I would say Kenny screwed up on Downing (shithouse of a player) Adam and overpaid for for Henderson
    You cannot blame the carrol signing on Kenny ( which you seem to do all the time)...Kenny returned on the 9th as a caretaker manager and carrol was signed a few weeks later. If you think Kenny was the driving force behind that transfer you are nuts. But even saying that Carrol was starting to come good at the end but Rogers not only binned him but drove down his price!

Defoe and Diame clearly point to Kenny improving his transfer record. Defoe would've provided the goals and
    Diame excellent cover for lucas or would've gave us the option of playing 2 holding midfielders in certain games

Last year we had 34 points ( basically all without Gerrard and with Suarez missing sitters left right and centre)
    Rogers has be able to call upon Gerrard for every match and for the most part Suarez has improved his shooting and yet we sit on 25 points. We have gone backwards since Kenny left! We haven't even beated a top 8 team yet!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I would say Kenny screwed up on Downing (shithouse of a player) Adam and overpaid for for Henderson
    You cannot blame the carrol signing on Kenny ( which you seem to do all the time)...Kenny returned on the 9th as a caretaker manager and carrol was signed a few weeks later. If you think Kenny was the driving force behind that transfer you are nuts. But even saying that Carrol was starting to come good at the end but Rogers not only binned him but drove down his price!

good grief!

people still shifting the blame when it comes to the andy carroll transfer. So if Kenny never signed Carroll are you also saying that he should not take any credit for signing suarez??

Who deserves to be praised for signing suarez?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Im not nuts at all.

Of course KD was to blame. He could have pulled the plug on it *snaps fingers* just like that.

He was a striker, if theres one thing he should know about its strikers. It doesnt matter if he was in the door 5 mins before Carroll put pen to paper, as manager he should have been saying "no way, he's not worth it, i can spend that money better", "Hang on, keep it til the summer" or words to that effect. He may not have set up the deal but as manager he should have been in a position to say "no" and if he wasnt at the very least consulted on the signing then he was a patsy of a manager and shouldnt have been there in the first place.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clarky323 wrote: »
    who posted the most from part 13 if anyone is interested...in spoiler tags due to size of it!!

Richie1001 297
    vaughan6477 272
    Imonfire 248
    seellee 185
    Dangerman 179
    0rch1deam 173
    Cantona07 168
    kobashi100 129
    Grouty 120
    alancracker 118
    SlowRap 115
    Ginger Nut 110
    Sweetlikeheaven 109
    taurus_67 103
    Parthenon 96
    Unigal07 76
    Dandem 70
    TheMask 53
    mike65 48
    codeblue 44
    indiana44 39
    NorthernNinny 32
    misawa97 30
    ChristmasCake 30
    TheSloth 29
    Walter White 26
    Assa2 25
    Picto 25
    TheMunch 24
    Ambassador 23
    Theo_Bear 22
    Big Boy Barry 22
    batdude_uk1 21
    shhftw 18
    lordOfTime 17
    darkjedimaster 17
    Steveaustin316 17
    bowland37 17
    Jokanovic 13
    dgsmith 10
    zieler 10
    Daryl Dark 9
    SJ_Mental 8
    mlt11 8
    Malbren 8
    DUNDEEBOY 7
    shortiefluff 7
    gladiator18 7
    RichmondBlue 7
    maninthequeue 6
    skimminstones 6
    edduk1981 6
    Sangria 5
    steviex 5
    clarky323 5
    Central cake 5
    kendoguk 4
    Dare Devil D 4
    Sick Bullet 4
    toastie15 4
    Janine999 4
    alan29 4
    crake 4
    SolidSnake 3
    Jamesp84 3
    Zmiler7 3
    Dixon 3
    kaybee15 3
    Apple_Crumble 3
    O'Neill 3
    this_is_me 2
    DC 17 2
    DS Forum Support 2
    F2kSel 2
    Larry1971 2
    Wallasey Saint 2
    BigBmad 2
    xorosetylerxo 2
    hume 2
    snukr 2
    whedon247 2
    scorer 2
    Jon1141 2
    CTD101 2
    zexstream 1
    barrcode88 1
    angel44 1
    cream69 1
    DavidT 1
    Miss_Moo 1
    LauraH23 1
    mills705 1
    Drunken Scouser 1
    Dub2 1
    MeicY 1
    SJB 2007 1
    ste1969 1
    rhumble 1
    roger_50 1
    R.Vecchio 1
    jimbo1962 1
    Nicky_Byrne_Fan 1
    Like an Onion 1
    Deserana 12 1
    howardl 1
    fortytwo 1
    Alexis07 1
    cbe21ok 1
    Hetal 1
    wolvesdavid 1
    tiggosaurus 1
    raymartin01 1
    mickmars 1
    Big Poy 1
    alanrollins 1
    kenny7 1
    sergio2006 1
    promo-only 1

Well done Ritchie :)
  • Options
    SweetlikeheavenSweetlikeheaven Posts: 5,035
    Forum Member
    Rodgers is ill and as a result will not be at the match today. Colin Pascoe and Mike Marsh to manage the team instead

Brad Jones and back room staff member Glen Driscoll also have the bug
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rodgers is ill and as a result will not be at the match today. Colin Pascoe and Mike Marsh to manage the team instead

that sucks!

hope they all recover soon.
  • Options
    SweetlikeheavenSweetlikeheaven Posts: 5,035
    Forum Member
    We should just let Carragher manage for a game
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I can only imagine the reaction of certain members now if we end up dicking QPR 6-0. :D
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He will become a manager in the future, the man is a legend at Anfield & wouldn't take any sh!t from bad performances.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kobashi100 wrote: »
    good grief!

people still shifting the blame when it comes to the andy carroll transfer. So if Kenny never signed Carroll are you also saying that he should not take any credit for signing suarez??

Who deserves to be praised for signing suarez?

I'll ruin your day, Suarez was scouted by Rafa, but was a Hodgson signing. He mentions wanting him in an interview at the time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The option I would have chosen frankly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hope they get well soon, but pascoe is useless, at least with Kenny, we had Clarke in reserve.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He will become a manager in the future, the man is a legend at Anfield & wouldn't take any sh!t from bad performances.

Personally I don't think he would be that great and as a player he has been carried most of his career, his attitude stinks most of the time as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'll ruin your day, Suarez was scouted by Rafa, but was a Hodgson signing. He mentions wanting him in an interview at the time.

so Roy Hodgson with help from rafa signed Luis Suarez before he was sacked.

Yeah of course he did..

What planet are you living on?
This discussion has been closed.