Options

If the year was 1890 what thread would you start on DS?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    goldframedoorgoldframedoor Posts: 1,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shaggy_x wrote: »
    ;)
    Heh
    And practically half of the world! :cool:
  • Options
    Chelseafan101Chelseafan101 Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This new football team in Glasgow will never catch on

Automatic brakes and block signalling for the railways: Essential or H&S overreacting to Armagh?
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given the current might of the British Empire, can you imagine the heights to which it shall attain by the twenty-first century?
  • Options
    BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Unsinkable ships within 20yrs!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Immigration! Who else is sick of all those wretched Europeans coming over here!?. Say what you like about Moslems, Hindoos, Sikhs and Africans-but at least they keep to their own countries and don't come here, taking our jobs and homes!
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiacat wrote: »
    firstly, your top query is true and as I understand it many patients are also opting to remove those troublesome teeth at the same time before they go rotten when you're around 22.

your last query, well I have also heard tell of this Indian dish called kedgeree, full of strange spices and smoked haddock and rice, its big in the royal household I understand.

and anyway, I wouldnt worry about children working in dangerous conditions, they're from the poor and they are much more hardy than the middle and better classes so no harm done

Heh heh. Liking it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given the current might of the British Empire, can you imagine the heights to which it shall attain by the twenty-first century?
    I just traveled into the year 2013, and all we have left of our Empire is a few tiny overseas territories and Spain and Argentina are fighting to get some of those territories off us! :(
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wavy-davy wrote: »
    None because there would be no computers or internet..

Spoilsport!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you imagine music produced by those foreign guitar instruments becoming successful here? One associates them with the Hispanic peoples, yet a gentleman of my acquaintance, one Mr Harry Webb, has aspirations to produce popular music, using one of them. He talks of changing his name to Clifford Richard, as a nom-de-plume of the stage, and trading largely on his youthful good looks for popularity. He says he fears he is a little ahead of his time yet. I say he is deluded. His music is a cacophony unlike that I ever heard, and, as he is already of some years in age, his admittedly well-preserved appearance cannot be expected to last much longer...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    I just traveled into the year 2013, and all we have left of our Empire is a few tiny overseas territories and Spain and Argentina are fighting to get some of those territories off us! :(

But Argentina's one of the richest countries in the WORLD! We could sell it to them! :D
  • Options
    BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Moving Pictures. Die Hard is announced.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Argentina's one of the richest countries in the WORLD! We could sell it to them! :D
    Your nose is a bit too sharply pointed! :eek:
  • Options
    shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blast our dear queen. Theres a monument to Albert everywhere you look!
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bring the troops back from africa
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring the troops back from africa
    No, I say let 'em stay! :p
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, I say let 'em stay! :p

The daily mail is worried about too many boer immigrants lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Those Rolling Stones, I don't think they will last long.
  • Options
    shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And practically half of the world! :cool:

Lol• lets go kick the Boers asses!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't help thinking the dashed Krauts have been getting above themselves since Wilhelm and Bismarck formed that new enlarged state. They're going to need cutting down to size fairly shortly, you see if they don't!