Championship thread 14-15

djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,565
Forum Member
✭✭
Discuss all Championship matters here. Who's going up and who's going down?

Comments

• mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Canaries are going up, of course!

I think Lewis Grabban was a good buy.

Not so sure about Cameron Jerome though. He is not exactly a good finisher, is he?
    We were apparently trying to buy him for ages too.

Disappointing to lose Robert Snodgrass but I don't think Leroy Fer is really that much of a loss. His heart wasn;t really in it during the second half of last season, anyway.

Let's hope Cameron Jerome can make as big an impact if he makes his debut this Saturday as a certain Leon McKenzie did a few years ago against Ipswich (scored twice in 2-1 win). Leon McKenzie suffered from depression, gave up the game and became a boxer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Blackpool will go down with a low number of points.

Think Leeds will struggle badly too, along with Rotherham.

I see Wigan, Derby, and Wolves being up there. I think Sheffield Wednesday will have a good season and Bournemouth may well get into the play offs.
  • Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    M'boro will get top 6 this season :blush:

Blackpool, Huddersfield and Birmingham to go down
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Up The Owls.
  • DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant believe how bad Fulham have been, too many young players, got rid of all our decent players.

Just got relegated last season, but we are really making a good go of getting it ASAP this season...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ross McCormack is looking like a right waste of cash at the minute.
  • CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    Rumours that Cellino is about to sack David Hockaday as Leeds manager after today's loss at Watford.

It was only a matter of time really, no idea why he thought someone whos only previous managerial experience was in the Conference would be a suitable appointment for a Championship club!
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most predictable outcome ever if and when Hockaday gets sacked. Someone who was a complete failure on a huge budget in the Conference and he gets rewarded with one of the best jobs outside the Premiership. Utterly mad.
  • SpacedoneSpacedone Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wednesday might be in with a shout of being up there this season but I fear injuries will probably prevent it as our squad is a little thin.

For the first time in 2-3 years we've started the season playing as a team. The last two seasons it took until December for that to happen. It took us until October 26th to get the same number of points as we have today...
  • davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think it will be a photo finish on who goes first

Hockaday or Magath ?
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davethecue wrote: »
    Think it will be a photo finish on who goes first

Hockaday or Magath ?

Both will be gone soon

I think Forest and Derby will get automatic promotion this season. Forest fans who I know have called today's win "their best result in years"
  • Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

>:(>:(:blush::blush:
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    We (Rotherham) managed a win at Millwall today. We missed out on the May signing who decided to go to the Owls but picked up Taylor on a loan who is looking like he will be a great player for us. Holds the ball well and and seems quick on his feet.

2 wins out of 4 is fantastic for us, hopefully we can keep it up and stay out of the bottom 3.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I can't see it, not with the performances they put in. Conceding 3 goals home to Sheff Wed is pathetic.
  • Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    Coen wrote: »
    Rumours that Cellino is about to sack David Hockaday as Leeds manager after today's loss at Watford.

It was only a matter of time really, no idea why he thought someone whos only previous managerial experience was in the Conference would be a suitable appointment for a Championship club!
    Still there unfortunately, but social.media abuse to.his family (alleged) is,way out of order imo.
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cellino says he had decided to sack Hockaday yesterday but changed his mind after sleeping on it. He will wait until he has given him more players before judging him, Cellino said: "Maybe he's not a good coach but I can't say yet". Just ask Forest Green fans, they could tell him right now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    mattlamb wrote: »
    I think Blackpool will go down with a low number of points.

Think Leeds will struggle badly too, along with Rotherham.

I see Wigan, Derby, and Wolves being up there. I think Sheffield Wednesday will have a good season and Bournemouth may well get into the play offs.

Agree with most of that but us (Rotherham). They did say the same last season and we are now in the championship
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    I was told that in the last ten seasons only one manager that's not from the UK or Ireland has won promotion to the premier league. Is this true ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably true. The vast majority of managers in the Premier League over the last ten years have been British or Irish, (it does seem to be changing though).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bosox wrote: »
    Most predictable outcome ever if and when Hockaday gets sacked. Someone who was a complete failure on a huge budget in the Conference and he gets rewarded with one of the best jobs outside the Premiership. Utterly mad.

Speaking as a Wednesday fan even i found his appointment baffling, its going to choke me to say this but looking at Leeds as a club they certainly deserve better than Hockaday.
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,775
    Forum Member
    Missed the Watford v Leeds game but from what I have heard and read Leeds weren't that bad but we dominated once the red card and penalty incident happened.
  • james2018james2018 Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    Still there unfortunately, but social.media abuse to.his family (alleged) is,way out of order imo.

I was at that game, we were awful but Wednesday looked fantastic!
    To be honest i don't think we'll do much better than last year.
  • CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    Mark F wrote: »
    Missed the Watford v Leeds game but from what I have heard and read Leeds weren't that bad but we dominated once the red card and penalty incident happened.

I was there in the Leeds end and it was fairly even in terms of possession up until the penalty and sending off, but I still thought Watford looked the more likely to score - the way we play under Hockaday it seems we tend to get a fair bit of possession and pass the ball around, but rarely in areas that cause the opposition problems.

But yeah, after the sending off and penalty it was all over as a contest.
  • carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,025
    Forum Member
    MRMiller wrote: »
    I was told that in the last ten seasons only one manager that's not from the UK or Ireland has won promotion to the premier league. Is this true ?

Not sure. Other than Di Matteo with WBA I can't think of any others from the top of my head though.
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,775
    Forum Member
    Coen wrote: »
    fair bit of possession and pass the ball around, but rarely in areas that cause the opposition problems.

We usually have that problem TBH - particularly under Zola last season when we got found out a bit.