Options

Dave in Cornwall, Tony in Italy and Obama on the golf course.

13»

Comments

• Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    Was that beech sewage free? A lot of beeches have sewage water flowing into them don't they? I saw a panorama programme on it once.

I have a couple of beeches in my garden and never seen sewage water flowing through them:D
  • Options
    Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone is entitled to a break - why should our leaders be any different?

Agreed.

However, for a PM he certainly does seem to over advertise and dare I say it gloat (or at least his PR team) about such.

Anyway, he's only been in the job a few years, he'll be out of it in a few months, he'll have plenty of time off then. He'll have all the time he wants in a few months, to satisfy his desperation to prance around in the sea and point at fish now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Yes - but four holidays a year while PM is pushing it. It's particularly galling at a time when many families cant afford even one holiday away.

There's an awful lot of fish to point at.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every one needs time away so they can be refreshed and clear headed.

Do the editors on the papers that criticise him and others never takes a break, especially if there are important world events taking place that we need to know about.

Last year I hear some one on the radio criticise an MP who had made a record, in his own time, saying that he is a MP and should be doing that 24/7 and not wasting his time enjoying himself. Seriously, the best way to be successful is to know how to relax.
  • Options
    The infidelThe infidel Posts: 3,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I think its great that our own PM can take a traditional 'kiss me quick' style holiday in Cornwall as well as going off on a posh holiday to Tuscany etc. He has to have a break sometime and is in constant touch with HQ I am sure.
  • Options
    heskethbangheskethbang Posts: 4,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I do not begrudge those with the most ultimate of all responsibilities in public life from taking holidays. An unrested, stressed out politician is unlikely to make as rational a set of choices as one who is rested and sharp.

In any case, it's not as if they holiday without staff keeping them abreast of what is going on. In Camerons's case I'm sure there's an aircraft on standby at RAF St.Mawgan to whizz him back to London should he be needed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I think its great that our own PM can take a traditional 'kiss me quick' style holiday in Cornwall

'Kiss me quick' is more Blackpool than a posh part of Cornwall.
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Few things are scarier than a politician who needs to show that they are in control of the situation
  • Options
    EddietheEagleEddietheEagle Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    Tony in Italy, Cameron in Cornwall, Obama on the golf course and Cliff Richard with the South Yorkshire police.

It's been quite a summer.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick in India
  • Options
    RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    Nick in India