Options

Jedward - TV show

Comments

• Options
    DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed it too. They're such lovely boys , I actually can't understand why some people don't like them.
  • Options
    River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't want them to have to live in the real word. Planet Jedward way more fun.
    They do deserve an oscar for the fridge scene.

"are we covered for that?" Edward worried incase they burn the place to the ground, OMG! LOL
    I love Edward to bits, but how John didn't sush him when he was ordering the sushi I don't know, clearly he loves his brother very much.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disnae wrote: »
    I enjoyed it too. They're such lovely boys , I actually can't understand why some people don't like them.

I know! They're adorable, and obviously wouldn't hurt a fly. Yet some people are still really vicious toward them. I don't get it. They make a lot of people smile...which is surely a good thing in today's world?

I want to live on Planet Jedward!
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone has changed his name by depol and his middle name is jedward. Very sad people in this country. It's not as if your going to be living with them. This is why the country is full of idiots.
  • Options
    MarcPaulBMarcPaulB Posts: 4,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Someone has changed his name by depol and his middle name is jedward. Very sad people in this country. It's not as if your going to be living with them. This is why the country is full of idiots.

Q.E.D.:rolleyes:

To answer the point I think you were trying to make, it isn't unusual for people to change their names (by deed poll) to reflect their love/admiration for celebrities. Stephen wasn't the first to do it and he won't be the last. It certainly wasn't done at Jedward's instigation.

Enjoyed the programme immensely, so many favourite things about it, too many to list. John must have the patience of a saint with his brother! I liked the dad fussing around as well when they were leaving, trying to give them useful advice about shopping online and not leaving stuff in the dishwasher! Oh my god, I know they make a complete stuff up of shopping in the supermarket, but can you really imagine them going to Tesco.com or something and ordering their shopping? Edward would order the whole shop in no time:)

And for those who seem to think they're in some way thick for not knowing how to turn the fridge on. I went away to uni at 18, leaving home for the 1st time, same age as the boys, completely having never cooked, cleaned, washed my clothes, ironed, in my life. I had to phone home several times for help in all these things, most of us were on the same level, it's hardly unusual. Not too sure I'd have known what to do if faced with a dead fridge at the time :)
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    He sounds quite patronising alright,as if he is speaking to a couple of cretins :rolleyes:

You mean Liam? I don't think you guys realise how set up this show is. They were probably told to do some of the stuff they did.
    occy wrote: »
    I saw a clip with them next to a fridge. They are very thick and stupid idiots. Maybe they need to live in the real world.

See above.

They are far from stupid and actually did rather well at school, before they left.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You mean Liam? I don't think you guys realise how set up this show is. They were probably told to do some of the stuff they did.

I've only seen that 60 second clip so far (the programme goes out here tonight).But you're probably right as he seemed to get on great with them on their tour : Liam was probably told by the director to sound like a patronising schoolteacher when speaking to them :rolleyes:
  • Options
    NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched this last night and giggled from start to finish.Jedward are so funny and in their own world. Adorable lads, they are not trying to be anything other than, themselves.

Can't wait to see next weeks show :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed the show.

They must feel very grateful for those ultra-dedicated fans who respond to the twitter alerts and turn up at hotels, tv studios, etc.

Their long-suffering family came across very well.

They are still like kids let loose in a candy store.

Funny scene in the KangaRoos store when they're invited to choose some free merchandise! :p

ITV have put some effort into the show's website:
    http://www.itv.com/channels/itv2/itv2shows/jedwardletloose/
  • Options
    tommygunnertommygunner Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to download the show last night from a satellite feed to watch in the States, and I thought it was brilliant.

I liked the visual look, too—bright primary colors in the animation, intertitles and many of the set locations.

I think ITV has put some care into this and deservedly so.
  • Options
    RevenReven Posts: 2,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched it. Surprisingly amusing and entertaining and not nearly as cringey as I thought it would be, though there were still some bits that made me squirm a bit. Will I watch it next week? Probably a reasonable chance even though a part of me tells me not to. :D
    I've only seen that 60 second clip so far (the programme goes out here tonight).But you're probably right as he seemed to get on great with them on their tour : Liam was probably told by the director to sound like a patronising schoolteacher when speaking to them :rolleyes:
    If you have a sky box, (or probably any freeview satellite box either) you can tune in ITV2 manually through 'other channels' and watch it. That's what I do.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,960
    Forum Member
    Somebody said they can't understand why people don't like them... Maybe because some people find them irritating and can't understand why on earth anybody would buy music by two people who cannot sing or dance.

I doubt people actually hate them, just what they do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    simbarro wrote: »
    Somebody said they can't understand why people don't like them... Maybe because some people find them irritating and can't understand why on earth anybody would buy music by two people who cannot sing or dance.

I have seen them live 8 times now they can both sing and dance they are also hilarious and lovely. Edward's dancing is usually the highlight of their shows.

I'm still laughing at "mother, can I go horse riding?" in his perfect English accent.

I also adore John with his guitar <3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is it the highlight because the singing is terrible, because his dancing is funny or is a genuinely good dancer?

I don't think they can sing a note in tune live and their studio singles sound so autotuned it barely sounds like them. However, I have nothing against the boys personally.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God how many more times, they CAN sing and they CAN dance.
    And I agree they sound better live than they do on the album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you call jumping around, pushing eachother, pointing at the cameras dancing and generally acting like a 5 year old at a birthday party dancing, then yes they can.

I didn't say they sounded better live.. or were you talking to somebody else? They sound worse live because they aren't autotuned and retouched.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it the highlight because the singing is terrible, because his dancing is funny or is a genuinely good dancer?

I don't think they can sing a note in tune live and their studio singles sound so autotuned it barely sounds like them. However, I have nothing against the boys personally.

They sang All The Small Things acapella at one point and it sounded pretty good : they're not outstanding singers but they're decent enough.....we're not talking about a male version of the Cheeky Girls,who always sounded completely flat and offkey.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caught the show on TV3 tonight.Better than I expected : very slick and well edited production.I was pleasantly surprised.
  • Options
    MarcPaulBMarcPaulB Posts: 4,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you call jumping around, pushing eachother, pointing at the cameras dancing and generally acting like a 5 year old at a birthday party dancing, then yes they can.

I didn't say they sounded better live.. or were you talking to somebody else? They sound worse live because they aren't autotuned and retouched.

So did you watch the TV show though, simbarro? That's what the thread's about. What did you think?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They sang All The Small Things acapella at one point and it sounded pretty good : they're not outstanding singers but they're decent enough.....we're not talking about a male version of the Cheeky Girls,who always sounded completely flat and offkey.

I think that defines them completely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The thing is, they can actually sing, John has a really good voice, but he gets all shy about it, and if you actually catch him singing something, he'll stop!

The sort of act they are to the public though, doesn't really require a strong voice, so the majority of people never see that side of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh Liam is definitely moody, lol, but yeah, I bet that bit was set up a little.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no auto tune, defo more than a note in tune there.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgct_vTCyB0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5r67c-0i9Q
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGbG_T670DU&feature=related

No vocal gymnastics, but they can stay in tune, and they don't mangle the words when they sing which is refreshing.

He's a wild and untamed thing:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkvICcui3xo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NheS0LLAh4A

he's a free bitch baby
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V9DRhMMGHw

bearing in mind he's still awaiting surgery on his knee.

you won't watch or if you do you'll still dis 'em but I enjoyed myself.
    there's learning choreography and then there's dancing, they can both dance, at a shows they take dance moves from the crowd or the crowd joins in with them. There's a lot of audience participation at a Jedward show. The audience don't just sit there and passively marvel at how much they must have rehearsed to get slick like with a lot of acts, it's a party, there's a lot of eye contact and we're all expected to join in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Edward gets all shy if you catch him singing "properly" as well, he'll start mucking about. shame cos they can both sing. I wasn't expecting the crazy high notes of their falsetto range at all!

Like John with his guitar playing, if he notices you're really paying attention, he'll stop cos he gets all shy. annoying cos he can play the guitar!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really wouldn't call that dancing. More like a child jumping around.

Like I said though, I have nothing against the boys personally. I just don't think they can hold a note in tune and without the whole cherade of a performance their 'songs' would not be worth listening to. But each to their own:)