Forum Member
    Great Ep last night I too was cheering JP on (in the Gym) haha

I just hope now JP can prove it
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great Ep last night I too was cheering JP on (in the Gym) haha

I just hope now JP can prove it

Lol :D I was shouting at the tv for him to speak up.
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi, If anyone's interested I've cut & pasted the Unreality TV article about tonight's episode below as the link does not work.
    Now the truth is finally out about rapist Finn O’Connor in Hollyoaks, what happens next?

We know that you will all be cheering at your tellyboxes tonight when finally John Paul McQueen (James Sutton) tells everyone that Finn O’Connor (Keith Rice) raped him in light of the student attempting to put JP’s best friend, Nancy Osborne (Jessica Fox) through the same horrific ordeal. But the storyline is far from over.

We are so very pleased to report to you that, after John Paul blows the whistle on “evil little monster” Finn (as declared by his own mother, before she knew it was him she was talking about), Nancy goes to the police to formally identify her attacker.

Joining Nancy to make an official statements are Robbie Roscoe (Charlie Wernham), who Nancy at first accused of the crime but, as we all know, has known the truth about what happened to John Paul for months, and John Paul himself, having finally gathered the courage so see his attacker dished the justice he deserves. But will it be that simple?

Nancy changes her original statement, in which she named Robbie as her attacker, and explains that she now knows it was Finn after smelling the same aftershave on him as her attacker.

Meanwhile, Robbie tells the police everything he knows about John Paul’s rape, backing up John Paul’s own version of events being recorded by police at the same time.

While that drama plays out, Finn’s stepmum, Diane (Alex Fletcher) is enraged that her son is being accused of such hideous crimes, but with evidence mounting against the young thug, she is forced to head back to the village alone when it becomes apparent that the police won’t be letting Finn go any time soon!

Insisting that Finn is being wrongfully accused, Diane soon learns that not all her family share her opinion, as Tony (Nick Pickard) and Sinead (Stephanie Davis) look very apparently convinced that Finn is guilty!

Elsewhere, and after making his police statement, Robbie has more explaining to do to girlfriend Phoebe (Mandip Gill), who is at first filled with sympathy for him after his wrongful arrest.

However, as Robbie starts to unwind the truth of the whole situation to her, Phoebe is more than a little disturbed to know that her boyfriend knew what had happened to John Paul, who is her adopted uncle, and the part that he had played in the lead up to the rape.

But a very remorseful Robbie seems to be glad to be getting everything off his chest, and breaks down in front of Phoebe, with the guilt of knowing that if he had of spoken out sooner he may have prevented the attack on Nancy, painfully apparent.

Will Phoebe be able to look past the length of time it has taken and forgive him? He did come good in the end, Phoebe!

Thanks for the article Marianne.

I really hope Phoebe will forgive Robbie. After all she kept quiet about Finn drugging Patrick after Finn threatened her.

Finn is the real monster in this and he's the one who should be imprisoned (if I had my way for life).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    los.kav wrote: »
    I genuinely cheered John-Paul on.

We all did. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Aww poor JP. :(

At least he will have Nancy and Robbie by his side this time.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So finn is found out at last. I assume that means this storyline is coming to an end. Hopefully finn will be going to prison.
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    So finn is found out at last. I assume that means this storyline is coming to an end. Hopefully finn will be going to prison.

I doubt it! Somehow he'll be let off...and then the mcqueens will "take the law into their own hands" probably
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DamienS wrote: »
    I doubt it! Somehow he'll be let off...and then the mcqueens will "take the law into their own hands" probably

I know hollyoaks can be ridiculously unrealistic at times but that would be even more so. There no way finn can stay in the show.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What an incredible episode on e4!

We still haven't seen JP break down - he still didn't want to talk about it. I wonder who he will break down in front of? Ste? Mercedes would be interesting.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant ep, the Nana Mcqueen/JP scene was soo powerful, hopefully we get more episodes like this.
  • Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    By far the best episode in a while...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    When JP said how many days it had been, I just sat with my mouth open-wide - that line was so powerful.
  • Marianne_321Marianne_321 Posts: 25,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »

We still haven't seen JP break down - he still didn't want to talk about it. I wonder who he will break down in front of? Ste? Mercedes would be interesting.

They all acted brilliantly but I was really really really disappointed with the episode. The reason for this is because in my opinion they should have continued where they left off at the reception & we really should have seen JP's & Robbie's interview with the police, not about 10 seconds worth of each. I really wanted to see that! They didn't show what made Robbie change his mind on reporting what happened to JP either. If he changed his mind himself, or if he was released first once Nancy's allegations were dropped & he then learned of Finn's arrest & went back to the police to tell the truth. Today's episode could then have been after all the above was covered!
  • FrancyFrancy Posts: 10,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure you'll say that she was right to blame JP, and I see the point.... JP was irresponsible in not reporting Finn earlier. But I have always hated Nancy, and tonight she reminded me why.

She has always been a hypocritical, self-involved, self-righteous cow, always quick to judge and blame other people for their mistakes (in a really loud and harsh way, too) when she really has no room to talk. I never bought into JP and she supposedly being best friends (it came out of nowhere), and even here she managed to make her "best friend's" trauma all about herself.

Darren could do so much better.

I had to get this off my chest.
  • fairyfruitcakefairyfruitcake Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Francy wrote: »
    I'm sure you'll say that she was right to blame JP, and I see the point.... JP was irresponsible in not reporting Finn earlier. But I have always hated Nancy, and tonight she reminded me why.

She has always been a hypocritical, self-involved cow, always quick to judge and blame other people for their mistakes (in a really loud and harsh way, too) when she really has no room to talk. I never bought into JP and she supposedly being best friends (it came out of nowhere), and even here she managed to make her "best friend's" trauma all about herself.

Darren could do so much better.

I had to get this off my chest.

Completely disagree - Nancy makes mistakes for sure but she also admits to them, and of course her main concern is for herself right now, why wouldnt it be? Darren is a child and she could do so much better than him - however pre-Sienna the relationship worked because they balanced each other out. I don't know that she would ever really be able to forget how much he betrayed her over Sienna though, so I think she made a mistake going back to Darren although I can understand why she did. I like Nancy, she's probably the only character I would like if I knew her in life
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Completely disagree - Nancy makes mistakes for sure but she also admits to them, and of course her main concern is for herself right now, why wouldnt it be? Darren is a child and she could do so much better than him - however pre-Sienna the relationship worked because they balanced each other out. I don't know that she would ever really be able to forget how much he betrayed her over Sienna though, so I think she made a mistake going back to Darren although I can understand why she did. I like Nancy, she's probably the only character I would like if I knew her in life

That's fine. It's just one of those things.... people who you just don't like. I never liked her, and probably never will. There's something about her personality that is a huge turn off for me.

"I had to be man enough for both of us". F*** you, Nancy.
  • ChelseaEllieChelseaEllie Posts: 16,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's fine. It's just one of those things.... people who you just don't like. I never liked her, and probably never will. There's something about her personality that is a huge turn off for me.

I shouted is that why you are having an affair at her
  • Marianne_321Marianne_321 Posts: 25,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, was really p****d off at Nancy. So helpful of Nancy to tell a man that has been raped that basically he was not man enough & she had to be man enough for the both of them & come forward. Well done, undermine JP's masculinity even more Nancy as if he's not feeling vulnerable enough! >:( We all know he feels awful for not coming forward sooner, but his situation is totally different from Nancy's. For a start JP was bullied for months & made to feel weak & ineffectual (even before the rape) by Finn & Robbie. He was also rendered half unconscious & actually violated by Finn & had to deal with the shame that as a man he was overpowered by a boy. Nancy's was a random attack & while I sympathise & realise it would be a traumatic experience she was not actually raped like JP was.

When I think of yesterday's episode, JP stood up to Rick on Nancy's behalf & was angry she was badgered by him as she was nearly raped & told him so. What does Nancy do now she knows of JP’s rape? She says she is really sorry for what he's been through but basically because he was too weak to come forward & she got attacked she couldn't be his friend anymore. Way to go Nancy!!! Really helpful to hit JP with his own personal insecurities that he's been battling but put aside to back you up! >:(

I was also annoyed that JP told Nancy he's not been a good friend. If anyone has not been a good friend it's her. She didn't really notice any of his sufferings over the last months or visit him in prison & JP always seems to drop everything to help her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, was really p****d off at Nancy. So helpful of Nancy to tell a man that has been raped that basically he was not man enough & she had to be man enough for the both of them & come forward. Well done, undermine JP's masculinity even more Nancy as if he's not feeling vulnerable enough! >:( We all know he feels awful for not coming forward sooner, but his situation is totally different from Nancy's. For a start JP was bullied for months & made to feel weak & ineffectual (even before the rape) by Finn & Robbie. He was also rendered half unconscious & actually violated by Finn & had to deal with the shame that as a man he was overpowered by a boy. Nancy's was a random attack & while I sympathise & realise it would be a traumatic experience she was not actually raped like JP was.

When I think of yesterday's episode, JP stood up to Rick on Nancy's behalf & was angry she was badgered by him as she was nearly raped & told him so. What does Nancy do now she knows of JP’s rape? She says she is really sorry for what he's been through but basically because he was too weak to come forward & she got attacked she couldn't be his friend anymore. Way to go Nancy!!! Really helpful to hit JP with his own personal insecurities that he's been battling but put aside to back you up! >:(

I was also annoyed that JP told Nancy he's not been a good friend. If anyone has not been a good friend it's her. She didn't really notice any of his sufferings over the last months or visit him in prison & JP always seems to drop everything to help her.

Indeed. She's way too self-involved to be a good friend.

Geez, I really hope she redeems herself a bit to JP (and to me) when she comes back.
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    I think Nancy's reaction was understandable, but I hope they eventually have JP defend himself (even though I don't like that he kept quiet for so long) a bit. He's had too many scenes where he cowers while someone chews his head off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »

I would actually love it to be in front of Phoebe. She really seems to get it. Her line to Robbie today was so powerful. "You might have been able to have done something earlier, but you are not Finn."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would actually love it to be in front of Phoebe. She really seems to get it. Her line to Robbie today was so powerful. "You might have been able to have done something earlier, but you are not Finn."

Yeh Phoebe would be good.

It's actually quite interesting, I wonder whether HO have done this on purpose - the aftermath to Nancy saying that it was Finn, and then JP and Robbie giving statements focused on all three elements of the storyline - I think they've saved JP's focus for Monday....maybe so it will be the main focus of the storyline again and James is given the opportunity to shine once again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    yeah I think Nancy was appalling! What a way to talk to your friend who actually was raped..... "I had to be man enough for us both" what a horrific thing to say :O Jesus, I mean its impossible to imagine, but I assume if you're a guy who has been raped, surely one of the main obstacles you'd feel in coming forward is that you'd be afraid of people's perception of you and your masculinity.... what a way to affirm that fear

I know it's a soap and we're not supposed to have long memories when it comes to characters conduct in the past.... but still over the past few months Nancy's been a rubbish friend. JP was quite obviously in self-destruct mode and she basically took his job and casually ignored him. "You should have come to me" is a bit rich. The writers must either want viewers to HATE her or assume we are all goldfish.

I hope its the former, as I don't think the writers are promoting the right message if we are meant to sympathize with Nancy's sentiments.
  • Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member

Completely agree! I was kind of agreeing with Nancy and could see where she was coming from up until she said ''I had to be man enough for both of us.'' That part really pissed me off for all the reasons you said. There situations were completely different and while my heart goes out to Nancy, she can't really compare herself to JP. Hopefully she comes to her senses soon. I understand she's angry but what she said was completely inappropriate. Reporting a rape or an attempted rape is incredibly brave and inspiring but it doesn't make you weak if you don't. JP felt emasculated, ashamed and embarrassed. Nancy can't truly understand that as she hasn't actually been raped herself. Nancy can't really compare herself emotionally to JP, she hasn't been through half the stuff he's been through. I really don't like her taking the moral high ground. I wish she would just listen to JP and his side of the story instead of basically implying how brave and 'manly' she is compared to him.

Sorry, rant over :):blush:
This discussion has been closed.