Options

The Little girl found living like an animal

LemonPledgeLemonPledge Posts: 6,277
Forum Member
I was on YT and came across this video. I was totally shocked and sadanded by it and i'm sure you lot will be aswell so i decided to google it and heres the whole story:

http://www.tampabay.com/features/humaninterest/article750838.ece

Comments

• Options
    Timothy BryceTimothy Bryce Posts: 1,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for posting that sad but hopefully happy ending story

Why are child protective services so determined to leave a child with their biological parents when there being neglected
  • Options
    mrsmetropolismrsmetropolis Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How that child must have suffered behind closed doors. I'm so happy that she now has a decent family to care for her.
    Sadly, cases like this are not as rare as they once were. Every now and again another child is found living like that and it breaks your heart to think of it.
    I remember a documentary about another girl called Genie years back who had spent twelve years imprisoned in her bedroom because her 'father' decided she was profoundly retarded and banned anyone even speaking to her.
    Some people aren't fit to walk this earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genie_(feral_child)
  • Options
    Andy CarltonAndy Carlton Posts: 4,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How that child must have suffered behind closed doors. I'm so happy that she now has a decent family to care for her.
    Sadly, cases like this are not as rare as they once were. Every now and again another child is found living like that and it breaks your heart to think of it.
    I remember a documentary about another girl called Genie years back who had spent twelve years imprisoned in her bedroom because her 'father' decided she was profoundly retarded and banned anyone even speaking to her.
    Some people aren't fit to walk this earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genie_(feral_child)

Hence the reason why some kind of 'approvement' laws should be introduced to anyone who wants a child to see if they are suitable parents. (or not)

Most people can have kids...it is the appropriate looking after and financial security that is required for ANY child to have a stable and loving up-bringing.

Foster parents and adoptive parents have to be approved...so why not everyone else?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hence the reason why some kind of 'approvement' laws should be introduced to anyone who wants a child to see if they are suitable parents. (or not)

Most people can have kids...it is the appropriate looking after and financial security that is required for ANY child to have a stable and loving up-bringing.

Foster parents and adoptive parents have to be approved...so why not everyone else?

Yeah but unless you're going to bring a law legalising forced abortions an 'approvement law' would be imposbile to enforce. Anyone who get pregnant under 16 is breaking the law but you dont see many of em thrown in jail...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone else feel sorry for her brother William, sleeping in the laundry, with a walkie-takie because he's scared?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    I don't want to watch this. Not out of shock for the girl, nut because I know how trashy American chat shows handle this sort of thing and it makes me sik to be honest. Lots of weeping, poetic language, and degrading statements (there was one just in those credits "I can see there's a person in there." She's a person anyway! She may be disabled, but she's just as much a person as everyone else!

American chat shows always treat mentally disabled people like pitiable second class citizens who have bits missing and need rescuing. Disabled kids are never shown respect and are rarely talked to directly. Their pov is also never shown, with all the focus being on the weepy, 'heroic' parent who gets all the sympathy for what they have had to give up to raise this 'empty shell/monster/ghost".

One such thing (Autism Speaks promo video) showed a mother talking about how the only reason she hadn't killed her autistic daughter was because she had a normal daughter at home. She admitted it was a moment of madness I wouldn't have worried to much if she hadn't said in IN FRONT OF HER AUTISTIC CHILD like she was braindead and couldn't hear or understand. But guess what? Everyone's reaction was 'ooh, shes sooo brave *sob sob, fap fap*.

The girl the OP mentioned deserves to be respected and treated like a person, not used as cannon fodder for a sob story. But in her case, even the experts couldn't manage it. One said "Whatever makes a person human is missing" (deeply offensive). Another said she had 'environmental autism' (which doesn't exist and is something else entirely anyway. How did this guy ever become a doctor?) Then the journalist called her a 'creature'. Even her parents tell her to stop doing what calms her down because it isn't 'normal' and the journalist says 'as if she cares how they feel' like she shouldn't care about anyone because she's disabled. And how can anyone get 'lost inside themselves'? Also, the way the parents just shoved their son out of the way is horrible.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Horrible. There have been numerous cases of children like this. Some can't even speak because they have never been taught anything. They are usually feral.

I hope she has been taught to speak. Past a certain age, it is actually supposed to be nearly impossible to learn with no basis to build on.
  • Options
    mrsmetropolismrsmetropolis Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else feel sorry for her brother William, sleeping in the laundry, with a walkie-takie because he's scared?

I noticed that too. Poor kid.