It is new to me so much so I do not know what is supposed to mean

Ask Cheryl, she knows what it means.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    guffybear wrote: »
    It is new to me so much so I do not know what is supposed to mean

i am not repeating that transphobic slur or attempting to explain it sorry. the op would be the best person to ask, given their well documented use of that phrase.
  • Options
    HelloRainHelloRain Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    i am not repeating that transphobic slur or attempting to explain it sorry. the op would be the best person to ask, given their well documented use of that phrase.

Logic still fails you I see. Never used that phrase, just stated what thuggish Cole herself said. But then you did deny Cheryl said it in the first place, didn't you? :D
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    HelloRain wrote: »
    Logic still fails you I see. Never used that phrase, just stated what thuggish Cole herself said. But then you did deny Cheryl said it in the first place, didn't you? :D

I'm personally not bothered about what a celebrity said 6 years. It's not as Lily Rose Cooper has been an angel in the past decade or for that matter Gordon Ramsey.

It's nothing new for celebrities to have pops at each other, you just have to read what Lord Sugar posted about Kirsty Allsopp on twitter earlier this year to see it happens often.

The thread is becoming like a stuck record as the same person brings up the same quote from 6 years ago.

I am fairly sure Lily Cooper is capable of defending herself as we have from her acid tongue before. It was only back in January when she slating Girls Aloud on twitter herself.

The two women obviously don't like each other and so who called who what names is largely irrelevant as they will probably never get along.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Gordon Ramsay said it, Cheryl repeated it -
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_XstJECjXY

Cheryl gets so much stick but nobody bothers to actually see the facts.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

yes, i did deny she said it in the context you suggested and i still believe that. i also believe you exaggerated a situation previously and your use of that phrase is well documented on this thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm personally not bothered about what a celebrity said 6 years. It's not as Lily Rose Cooper has been an angel in the past decade or for that matter Gordon Ramsey.

It's nothing new for celebrities to have pops at each other, you just have to read what Lord Sugar posted about Kirsty Allsopp on twitter earlier this year to see it happens often.

The thread is becoming like a stuck record as the same person brings up the same quote from 6 years ago.

I am fairly sure Lily Cooper is capable of defending herself as we have from her acid tongue before. It was only back in January when she slating Girls Aloud on twitter herself.

The two women obviously don't like each other and so who called who what names is largely irrelevant as they will probably never get along.

Whatever Lily's own character may be like still doesn't justify Cole's slur.
    Gordon Ramsay said it, Cheryl repeated it -
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_XstJECjXY

Cheryl gets so much stick but nobody bothers to actually see the facts.:rolleyes:

Cheryl repeated Gordon by using the same transphobic slur herself to describe Lily. The facts are there for everyone to see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes, i did deny she said it in the context you suggested and i still believe that. i also believe you exaggerated a situation previously and your use of that phrase is well documented on this thread.

No, you actually did state that Cole didn't say it.
    by the way, it was actually gordon ramsay that said that about lily and not cheryl.

And my use of the phrase isn't well documented on the thread, sorry to say. More reading comprehension failure. I quoted what Cheryl said, but I didn't use the transphobic slur myself. Cheryl did.

You lied about a situation previously and your use of deflection and minimisation has been well documented on this thread.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread is going round and round in the same old boring circle. I don't know how it's still deemed constructive.
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    This thread is going round and round in the same old boring circle. I don't know how it's still deemed constructive.

I have asked the mods to close it down - what's the point of seeing people at each other's throats?:confused:
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    Whatever Lily's own character may be like still doesn't justify Cole's slur.

Cheryl repeated Gordon by using the same transphobic slur herself to describe Lily. The facts are there for everyone to see.

Whatever Chery's own character may be like it still doesn't justify Lily's own slurs against Girls Aloud. Funny how the quote can apply to both.

It happened 6 years ago, why exactly do you care so much ?

Like previous posters have stated the thread has become like a broken record with the same Youtube video being brought up ad infinitum

They don't like each so let them get on with it tbh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, you actually did state that Cole didn't say it.

And my use of the phrase isn't well documented on the thread, sorry to say. More reading comprehension failure. I quoted what Cheryl said, but I didn't use the transphobic slur myself. Cheryl did.

You lied about a situation previously and your use of deflection and minimisation has been well documented on this thread.

she didn't say it in the context you suggested though, gordon did. i didn't lie and other people also agree with my thoughts on that video. put the name calling to one side and just answer me this. why do all the comments about nadine/sarah in this thread go unnoticed by you, when the thread is supposed to be about them? you are the op, that was your opening post and yet you only want to discuss cheryl.:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have asked the mods to close it down - what's the point of seeing people at each other's throats?:confused:

its probably for the best and i apologise for my part in this thread going on too long. it was clear an understanding wouldn't have been reached pages ago and i except i should have just moved on sooner.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why has a thread about Sarah and Nadine turned into another Chezza bonanza...?!?! Even I'm bored of this rubbish now. :o:sleep:
  • Options
    guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ask Cheryl, she knows what it means.

i think it highly unlikely that she has contributed to this thread so i will ask you as the user

perhaps you could also explain why you are so offended by something which in your view would qualify as such a comment or is that too personal ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Why has a thread about Sarah and Nadine turned into another Chezza bonanza...?!?! Even I'm bored of this rubbish now. :o:sleep:

because the Tweedy bashers take advantage of the slightest of connections to bring her into any discussion
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its probably for the best and i apologise for my part in this thread going on too long. it was clear an understanding wouldn't have been reached pages ago and i except i should have just moved on sooner.

No need for you apologise ;);):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No need for you apologise ;);):)

no, there is, i should have just let it go and moved on. i tried to a few times and failed rather miserably.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no, there is, i should have just let it go and moved on. i tried to a few times and failed rather miserably.:o

No, really, you didn't ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, really, you didn't ;)

ok then, thanks. however, i do agree, its time to close the thread now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever Chery's own character may be like it still doesn't justify Lily's own slurs against Girls Aloud. Funny how the quote can apply to both.

It happened 6 years ago, why exactly do you care so much ?

Like previous posters have stated the thread has become like a broken record with the same Youtube video being brought up ad infinitum

They don't like each so let them get on with it tbh.

I stated Cheryl used a transphobic slur, which she did. Lily making bitchy comments about GA doesn't justify transphobia from Cheryl.
    she didn't say it in the context you suggested though, gordon did. i didn't lie and other people also agree with my thoughts on that video. put the name calling to one side and just answer me this. why do all the comments about nadine/sarah in this thread go unnoticed by you, when the thread is supposed to be about them? you are the op, that was your opening post and yet you only want to discuss cheryl.:confused:

No, you did lie. You said Cheryl didn't say the slur. When it was pointed out to you that Cheryl did in fact say it, you said that it didn't matter since Gordon said it first and she was just 'repeating him' :confused:
    guffybear wrote: »
    i think it highly unlikely that she has contributed to this thread so i will ask you as the user

perhaps you could also explain why you are so offended by something which in your view would qualify as such a comment or is that too personal ?

What Cheryl said is a common slur used to stigmatise and marginalise against transgender people.

'Too personal'? I'm not transexual if that's what you're asking, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't get offended when somebody is being transphobic. Or is transphobia less worthy of discussion than racism or homophobia?
    ok then, thanks. however, i do agree, its time to close the thread now.

Fine then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let it go, for goodness sake!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What Cheryl said is a common slur used to stigmatise and marginalise against transgender people..

yes i can see your point now

of course these people have it hard enough so why would they want to be associated with Lily Allen as well
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

agreed and i have no further comment.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D

Some people have too much time on their hands.
This discussion has been closed.