Options

MP3 player buying advice

cloverclover Posts: 2,008
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I want to get my husband a new MP3 player for Christmas. The one he has now is full to capacity (I think he said it has 6,000 tracks on it). The one he has now is Zen.

Could anyone advise me what I should get him - something that would be a decent upgrade, and easy to transfer the content from his current one?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Zen Touch 40GB, although quite expensive, is a pretty good player. I have over 4500 tracks on mine (ripped at WMA 128kbps CBR stereo), and it's not even half full yet! The battery life on it is great and I find it very easy to use - the touch pad does take a bit of getting used to though). Transferring files, although a tad on the slow side, is pretty simple once you install the software. Which model is it that your husband has at the moment (ie. Zen Touch 20GB/40GB, Micro, Extra 30GB/60GB)?
  • Options
    GizmofanGizmofan Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Dear Clover:
    I have been doing a lot research on MP3 players, so feel free to check them out. You could ask him what characteristics does he likes best of the Zen or if there is something that he misses, and then you could just compare with other MP3 players.
    Feel free to ask
    Gizmofan
    www.gizmania.com
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iPod!!

sorry i am a big apple fan, i have 3 apple computers in the house and i'm on my fourth iPod
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    iPod!!

sorry i am a big apple fan, i have 3 apple computers in the house and i'm on my fourth iPod
    Why are you on your fourth I-pod?
    Do you just like having spares or did one or more develop a fault? :cry:
    I only have two minidiscs: one permanently connected to the Hi-fi, the other goes to work.
  • Options
    cloverclover Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gizmofan wrote:
    Dear Clover:
    I have been doing a lot research on MP3 players, so feel free to check them out. You could ask him what characteristics does he likes best of the Zen or if there is something that he misses, and then you could just compare with other MP3 players.
    Feel free to ask
    Gizmofan
    www.gizmania.com

Thanks to all who've replied. I don't know exactly which Zen model he has at the moment (he's got it with him at work so I can't have a look). I'll have a look at your website, Gizmofan - thanks.