Options

Gagging for new TV but scared of technology.

Right here is the background, I am getting pretty sick of going into Currys and Comet drooling over the tv's. I am gagging to spend on a TV but don't want to be shafted. Everytime I make my mind up another one has been reduced. a better one turns up or i just get scared off. First I go for size then HD ready then both. Now I see on the Argos website that a Bush 42" not HD is reduced to £799.00 the cheapest HD ready of the same size is double that price. I like the idea of the size as I have been banned from getting a 50". Now I value you guys opinions on everything, I don't need to know all the tech spec but I need a sensible opinion on what you would do and what you have liked and what you would have bought. :confused:

Comments

• Options
    daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just bought a Panasonic not HD Ready TV and it is great.
  • Options
    meltcitymeltcity Posts: 2,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you plan on using the panel as your main TV for five years or more and you have even the slightest interest in HDTV then you may regret paying £800 for a screen that is not HD Ready.

If you are on a budget a 32" HD Ready LCD is worth considering. It may not be massive but it's still 6" bigger than a 28" CRT (26" visible) and at ~£800 it won't break the bank (cheaper after Christmas obviously). When the price of bigger screens comes down you could move the LCD to another room and then have two HDTVs in your house.:cool: