The Crazy Ones

Tom2023Tom2023 Posts: 2,059
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone else watched this Robin Williams/Sarah Michelle Gellar comedy?

I watched the pilot last night and I thought it was dreadful. I thought it embodied the very worst of American TV, it was sickly, Robin Williams did his old Robin Williams impersonation and Sarah Michelle Gellar was simply awful.

I'd struggle to give it 1/10

Comments

• MaccaMacca Posts: 18,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, it was totally laugh free. So bad i had to resort to watching a couple of episodes of Parks & Recs to get my sanity back.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll give it a go once it gets word it has a full season. It seems to be already one of this season's biggest hits.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    I got less than ten minutes into the pilot and thought no I cant put myself through another minute
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The 2nd episode wasn't too bad. The ducks were fun and the coffee storm was OK.

I don't feel any chemistry between Williams and Geller though (as father and daughter) that is.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2nd episode was much better.
  • pon farrpon farr Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    Just watched the first episode, I was under the impression it was supposed to be a comedy? Was terribly disappointed, it seemed like a complete waste of talent. Will give it one more episode.
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    2nd episode was much better.

It honestly was.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched this last night. Mildly funny, but I was expecting a lot more considering the talent involved (on both sides of the camera). I think die hard Robin Williams fans will like it as it was clear from the outtakes that he’s putting his brand of humour in it, but for me it just felt like I’ve seen it all before.

In the battle of the 80s sitcom starts that the media appear to be talking about, my vote would go to ‘The Michael J Fox Show’ over this.
  • Gav 2.0Gav 2.0 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kromm wrote: »
    It honestly was.

It's better, Robin Williams is fantastic and SMG is doing a good job of selling a super-difficult character, but I'm finding the tone of the whole thing a little bit uneven and a lot of the supporting characters (especially Amanda Setton's one) quite pointless and/or annoying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gav 2.0 wrote: »
    It's better, Robin Williams is fantastic and SMG is doing a good job of selling a super-difficult character, but I'm finding the tone of the whole thing a little bit uneven and a lot of the supporting characters (especially Amanda Setton's one) quite pointless and/or annoying.

The 3 supporting characters are too bland, especially compared to SMG and Williams.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    robin williams is not funny.

his hilarious improv might have the cast in stitches but it doesn't make good tv.

which is a shame because SMG is a delight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well it's still not doing it for me, feels like it is trying to be too zany.

Still not feeling the chemistry between Geller and Williams. She'd be better as just a business partner rather than daughter / business partner.