Options

Katy Perry - what is going on with her???

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think another huge issue is the singles were very TD light. They followed a similar tread and sound to previous singles but just were not strong enough to bring people round. Add to the fact her video's have been weak and it seems like a catalogue of errors. In hindsight DH should have been single #2 with WOA and LL as follow ups. Both catchy radio friendly songs different and similar to previous material.
  • Options
    uniqueunique Posts: 12,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    I'm no fan of remixes as I don't see the point in them but it does sound like a song that would have a lot of remixes.

there's a number of reasons for remixes. sometimes it can make a track better. sometimes it's to promote a track by making versions of different genres that can be played in different clubs or different radio shows, and sometimes it's a way to make money from fans buying different versions

dj's in clubs often like longer extended or club mixes of tracks with a longer intro and outro to make a track easier to mix in with the rest of a set, and sometimes to make a longer track to dance to. I think there is a lot of potential to make some great dancefloor mixes to be played in clubs, and some true underground old skool sounding mixes could be great. if they put out the multitracks so you could remix it yourself I could come up with some great mixes for example