Options

Nokia N80 buy direct from Orange/Vodafone/02 web sites

jaydun68jaydun68 Posts: 37
Forum Member
I am looking to buy a Nokia N80 I would like to buy it direct from either 02, Vodafone or Orange as there tarrifs suit me best (Lots of free Texts!)

None of them seem to be that quick in updating there Web sites, often having the phone available for telesales before it goes on line.

Has any one got any news of when this phone is going to be available direct.

The last info I had was 02 were saying that it would be avialble today (8th of May) and Vodafine was saying the 15th of May. I have no info for Orange and as fot T-Mobile....

The websites gives no clues and I am sure they must be fed up with me constantly calling them, so I thought this would be a good idea for a thread, where people could leave details of what they had beem told by the networks direct sales operationswith regard to availability of the the N80

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    n80 says 26th may here on vodafone, and n91 says 20th but thats going to change it always does :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    jaydun68 wrote:
    I am looking to buy a Nokia N80 I would like to buy it direct from either 02, Vodafone or Orange as there tarrifs suit me best (Lots of free Texts!)

None of them seem to be that quick in updating there Web sites, often having the phone available for telesales before it goes on line.

Has any one got any news of when this phone is going to be available direct.

The last info I had was 02 were saying that it would be avialble today (8th of May) and Vodafine was saying the 15th of May. I have no info for Orange and as fot T-Mobile....

The websites gives no clues and I am sure they must be fed up with me constantly calling them, so I thought this would be a good idea for a thread, where people could leave details of what they had beem told by the networks direct sales operationswith regard to availability of the the N80

I got my n80 from e2save (carphonewarehouse) last week on O2 they have stock arriving fairly often i'm led to believe. I orderded last Wednesday and had it on the Friday!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    unionjack wrote:
    I got my n80 from e2save (carphonewarehouse) last week on O2 they have stock arriving fairly often i'm led to believe. I orderded last Wednesday and had it on the Friday!

Unionjack, what is your experience of the phone? I was thinking about getting it but some of the user reviews I've read haven't been positive. Mostly I've heard complaints about the slow interface and poor battery life.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    PerryTech wrote:
    Unionjack, what is your experience of the phone? I was thinking about getting it but some of the user reviews I've read haven't been positive. Mostly I've heard complaints about the slow interface and poor battery life.

I would go so far as to say it is my favourite phone i've ever had. Battery life so far (1 week in) is fine, i was worried when i first got it - the battery had completely drained within the first two days, but i had pretty much been fiddling about with the camera/music player and radio for 4/5 hours at a time. A couple of charges later and its going well - it holds it charge for ages!

Camera - picture quality is unbelievable. It's 3mp the same as my digital camera, but the picture qulaity is far superior.

The sound that comes out even the external speaker is loud, but not distorted. I've only listened through the nokia earphones supplied, but you get an adaptor with it it you have your own earphones - but the quality of the nokia ones aint that bad anyway.

I'm having trouble connecting to the internet via the WLAN application, but i think its to do with the setting of my router rather than the phone itself.

In my opinion I'd go for it definately. Anything else you wanna know, let me know! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    I'm personally waiting for the N80 on Orange to replace my 6630.

Looks like a really good phone but it's taking ages to come into stock (and plus my contract doesn't run out until June :rolleyes:

Edit: Just been looking at the orange website, looks like they have lost a customer, those new 'animal' packages are absolute rubbish and all the best deals are on the 18th month plans which I don't want as I always want to change my phone every year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    The Orange website shows the N80 in stock as of today costing £50 with a new 12 month contract (£25 a month)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    unionjack wrote:
    In my opinion I'd go for it definately. Anything else you wanna know, let me know! :D

Good enough for me. I'll start looking around at tariffs and see who's doing the best deal.

Thanks
  • Options
    QuackersQuackers Posts: 4,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would make sure you get a Generic version of this phone. i.e its boxed and the software is left how Nokia left it before the network **** them up and make them buggy and slow, (orange is a big one here for doing this, aka Orange Home Screen!)

You can get generic versions from the carphonewarehouse. They will connect you up. Spoke to Orange today, they only have branded ones available at the moment and carphonewarehouse do not have the generic N80 in yet for Orange.
  • Options
    xxTinkerbellexxxxTinkerbellexx Posts: 4,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O2 & Orange are offering a similar Tarriff £30 + 200 xmins + 5oo txt. Orange will give you an exra 100 txt for life.

HOWEVER, Orange bugger up the phone wiht their own software and remove a lot of the Manufacturers software. I'd go with O2....they have a much wider range of phones and no tampering :cool:
  • Options
    jaydun68jaydun68 Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    xxdiddiexx

Where have you seen the N80 on the O2 taffiff of £30 for 200mins and 500 Texts?
  • Options
    xxTinkerbellexxxxTinkerbellexx Posts: 4,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for the misunderstanding... it is not oout on O2 yet.. I don't think. However, that tariff is available on ALL phones.