Currys/PC world Samsung Cashback

13»

Comments

• NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,149
    Forum Member
    Hi
    I bought a Samsung note 10.1 back in December and was told £80 cashback, no mention about making a claim to both Currys and Samsung by either the guy in the store of the leaflet they gave me telling me how to claim the cashback. At the begining of Jan I went to the currys website to make my claim, again no mention of split cashback and no referral to Samsung. At the end of Jan I got an email to say claim validated and 42 days for a cheque, which is an absolute joke! As said by others jumping through hoops just to get the cashback your entitled to. Well today arrives a cheque for £30!!! I find this site and realise ive been had with this whole split cashback saga. As I bought it back in December I'll have no chance now of the other £50 from Samsung. I should have known it would be a con, I dont usually go for cashback offers.

I don't think it's been a con as such but do think they made it so difficult as to put people off before the final hurdle or to confuse people. It seems you've been let down by the person who sold you the tablet in Currys. When I bought the tablet if my memory serves me correctly there was a little 'board' thingy near the tablets advertising the cashback. I'm sure it said £50 from Samsung and £30 from Currys if you purchased a case for the tablet from Currys. The assistant also explained the details about the cashback and gave me a leaflet saying the details were also on the back of that. I've still got the leaflet and it says 'Up to £80 cashback on tablets and eReaders when you buy any case', Then 'How to claim your cashback. Visit currys.co.uk/tabletcashback or pcworld.co.uk/tabletcashback and complete the online claim form no sooner than 30 days and no later than 60 days after purchase'. So it doesn't mention going onto the Samsung website to claim but I think people have said they were directed to the Samsung website from the Currys website. I must admit after reading people's stories on here I couldn't remember whether I'd actually been directed to the Samsung website so I did go to the Samsung website and complete a form on there as well just to be sure. Luckily I'd been reading things on here in time for me to make sure I'd made a claim with Samsung too.
    They really have made people jump through hoops! :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    juststeve wrote: »
    Yesterday I received 2 cheques from Currys/PCW for £20 each to cover the 2 tablets I bought back in November.

My Samsung claim for the 2 lots of £30 and the 2 8gb microSD cards has been marked as 'Validated' for some time and 2 weeks ago I received one microSD card in the post. I still have not received the other, nor has the £60 appeared in my bank account yet.

I have just received my Samsung cashback of £30 each for 2 tablets, although it did take a phone call to the Samsung helpline (who were, incidentally, very helpful) earlier this week to hurry them along. There was no problem with my claim (which had been marked as 'validated' some weeks ago), it had just fallen through the cracks and been forgotten about.

Just waiting now for the 1 remaining SD card (which I've been promised is on the way) and it'll all be sorted.

:)
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,149
    Forum Member
    Finally! got my £50 from Samsung in the bank today - claimed on 31st December. Got the £30 from Currys on 25th February :)
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    juststeve wrote: »
    it had just fallen through the cracks and been forgotten about.

This happened to my wifes one...if I was slightly more cynical I'd wonder how many other had :D
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alan1302 wrote: »
    This happened to my wifes one...if I was slightly more cynical I'd wonder how many other had :D

Loads. You only need to look at the Currys PC World Facebook page to see lots of people complaining about this.

Disgusting company, and certainly one which will never receive another penny from me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Yes, went well over the timeframe for the Samsung credit and after emailing them I miraculously got the money in a few days! Still waiting for the cheque from Currys.
  • bronsonbronson Posts: 1,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought from amazon and found the hoops i had to go throught to claim my £50 back was very frustrating.
    It wouldnt let me upload a receipt so i had to send them an invoice....chased it up a month later they said they hadnt received it so sent again recorded elivery and a few weeks later got the £50.

Not happy with samsung for a complicated cashback system that they make hard to claim on purpose.
  • rockin_plumberrockin_plumber Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    I also purchased my tablet from Amazon, filled in the form as required, uploaded a clear copy of my receipt in the format asked for.

Sat back and waited patiently.

Got my £50 cashback a week later than expected,but not really a problem, must have been very busy with all the tablets purchased over the Xmas period, among other things.