Unlocking Nokia 3G Phones

PopjocPopjoc Posts: 359
Forum Member
Hi

I think I already know the answer to this, but is it possible to unlock Nokia phones on 3G...i.e 6630, Nseries etc..

From what I have read this is not possible, but as I work in a small mobile shop, we are now getting a lot of requests to open these phones up to all networks, so any information at all would be apprecited.

Thanks...

Comments

• chris20chris20 Posts: 3,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you cant you need to do it through the network and it will cost a bit
  • PopjocPopjoc Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    chris20 wrote:
    you cant you need to do it through the network and it will cost a bit

I know that there is that option, and I believe it can cost £115.00....but if it can be done by the networks, surely there must be a way that it can be done, so as not to have to pay that amount of money
  • chris20chris20 Posts: 3,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i know some one that tried to unlock the 6680 on orange he went to a couple of shops they could not i think the networks are they only ones that have the code for the 6630 6680 and n70 but you could try in one of these cheap indian shops that unlock phones for £30 i am not sure if they do
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Popjoc wrote:
    I know that there is that option, and I believe it can cost £115.00....but if it can be done by the networks, surely there must be a way that it can be done, so as not to have to pay that amount of money
    Networks lock their phones so that you use their network - the initial cost of the phone is subsidised by the network and by you using their network they hope to recover that money.

I understand that Three now only charge £15 to unlock their phones if you are in the last month of your contract with them.

The following Nokia locked phones can only be unlocked by the network.
    6270,6280,6281,6620,6630,6680,7370,7710,9500,9300,N70,N90.