Options

CS: Eva and Leanne scene

Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
Forum Member
✭✭
Very good scene I thought, it was good to see Leanne confessing the truth and Cath Tyldesley and especially Jane Danson were brilliant at the acting.

It was only that and Sally Webster that I enjoyed in that episode.

Comments

• Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a bery good scene, I so feel for Leanne
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good scene I thought, it was good to see Leanne confessing the truth and Cath Tyldesley and especially Jane Danson were brilliant at the acting.

Yes, all three actresses were good.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes very good scene.
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More sisterly scenes between Eva and Leanne please! Their scene tonight was fantastically acted by both.
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely scene, we need more of these scenes between Leanne and Eva.

Well done to Jane and Cath, it's a joy to watch both of them.

And I did enjoy watching Eva scream at Simon :D
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Danson is one of the best in CS.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree, Leanne and Eva handled the scenes very well. Sally was hilarious in the Bisto.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GracieL wrote: »
    Lovely scene, we need more of these scenes between Leanne and Eva.

Well done to Jane and Cath, it's a joy to watch both of them.

And I did enjoy watching Eva scream at Simon :D

Yes, it is interesting to contrast how Leanne started by being gently and lenient with Simon, but Eva goes straight for the telling-off style of communication.
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do like Eva, but seeing her doing sisterly scenes with Leanne makes me really miss Toya. Just thought her and Leanne were more convincing as sisters than Leanne and Eva. Despite them not being actual sisters. Wish Toya would come back!
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only redeeming characters from Monday's horrorfest of episodes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    The only redeeming characters from Monday's horrorfest of episodes

I agree
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eva and Leanne were brilliant again tonight, Jane Danson and Cath Tyldesley are great!! The only positive note from me about tonights awful double bill.
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eva is such a good character with lots and lots of potential. She's the closest Corrie has come to a 'classic' character in a long, long time.

Would love to see Toyah back in Weatherfield to see how the three work together.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The moment between Leanne and Eva when they established that the lyric "I get knocked down, and I get up again" came from Chumbawumba was amusing. Leanne was clearly in a bad way. She showed no recollection of that song Tubthumping having been a hit just weeks after she first moved to Wetherfield!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS-zK1S5Dws
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm torn. On the one hand that Eva's got a right pair on her, but on the other I absolutely despise Leanne.

I shall have to think about this one.
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eva is such a good character with lots and lots of potential. She's the closest Corrie has come to a 'classic' character in a long, long time.

Would love to see Toyah back in Weatherfield to see how the three work together.

I would love to see Toyah back after all these years to see how she's matured, just for a short visit as I wouldn't want to jeopardise the sisterly relationship between Leanne and Eva. I love watching those two together.

Besides it would shut Jane Danson up who's been begging for Georgia Taylor to return for years :D
  • Options
    -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    soap-lea wrote: »
    It was a bery good scene, I so feel for Leanne

I don't she stole the ****ing brat now deal with it
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Love Eva to bits. Wish she's given a bigger role in the Rovers, instead of chasing Aiden at the factory.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes.:)
  • Options
    jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes have to agree , they are cracking actress and always come across good unlike Satan Boy Simon with that large nose and curly black hair. He is dreadful whereas Amy is also shaping up to be a great wee actress
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I would like to see Toyah back too and I would like to see her forge a friendship with Eva instead of bickering and jealousy. Then we could have the trio of Leanne, Eva and Toyah interacting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see Toyah back too and I would like to see her forge a friendship with Eva instead of bickering and jealousy. Then we could have the trio of Leanne, Eva and Toyah interacting.

Yes, I'd like for the three of them to get on, with Eva and Toyah instantly striking up a bond.

I'd like to see Toyah return as a strong and successful woman, perhaps working in education? I don't think that her career has ever been established through dialogue from Leanne or Janice.
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GracieL wrote: »
    I would love to see Toyah back after all these years to see how she's matured, just for a short visit as I wouldn't want to jeopardise the sisterly relationship between Leanne and Eva. I love watching those two together.

Besides it would shut Jane Danson up who's been begging for Georgia Taylor to return for years :D

YES !! I remember Georgia from when she was in Casualty her acting was outstanding , she really ought to go back to Corrie even for just a short visit I could just imagine how good the story line would be and it would breathe new life in the soap as the writers seem to be relying on the same old same old over and over again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spookyLX wrote: »
    YES !! I remember Georgia from when she was in Casualty her acting was outstanding , she really ought to go back to Corrie even for just a short visit I could just imagine how good the story line would be and it would breathe new life in the soap as the writers seem to be relying on the same old same old over and over again

Would the writers know what to do with Toyah, though, that's the question? :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would the writers know what to do with Toyah, though, that's the question? :(

Thats the magic question, that should be consulted before any return. Just look at Sarah and Bethany earlier this year, I was glad to hear they were returning as I like the characters but it felt like for the first few months, they weren't exactly sure what to do with them.

I really would like to see some Leanne, Toyah and Eva scenes though.