Hollyoaks - Cindy -Spoilers

13»

Comments

• DJ JimmyDJ Jimmy Posts: 7,166
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    I thought Nico and Peri were born 28/02/00?

Wasn't it their 14th birthdays last year when Sienna jumped to the conclusion that Peri was her daughter because she had the same birthdate? And I'm sure Tom was a Millennium baby, born Xmas week 1999 and he's in the same year.

So, they are actually all 15 now, due to turn 16 within the next few months.

So, if Alfie is in their year too, shouldn't he have been born between Sept 99 and August 2000? When Cindy was still in the show.

Oops. :blush: I should have used Tom as the guideline. :D

Yeah, sorry they are 15. Holly was born on 25/12/97 and Tom was born 31/12/99.

That makes Alfie's birth even more stupid then because he would have had to been born between September 99 and July 2000. Cindy was still around then.

Unless Alfie is a year younger, even so, the dates don't really work.

EDIT: just read your post Reo. So they 'moved him up a year?' How stupid. Then again Craig was held back a year so her could be in the same class as JP, Justin and Sonny.

It's still pathetic though.
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,648
    Forum Member
    DJ Jimmy wrote: »
    Oops. :blush: I should have used Tom as the guideline. :D

Yeah, sorry they are 15. Holly was born on 25/12/97 and Tom was born 31/12/99.

That makes Alfie's birth even more stupid then because he would have had to been born between September 99 and July 2000. Cindy was still around then.

Unless Alfie is a year younger, even so, the dates don't really work.

EDIT: just read your post Reo. So they 'moved him up a year?' How stupid. Then again Craig was held back a year so her could be in the same class as JP, Justin and Sonny.

It's still pathetic though.

If I am remembering right it was mentioned in a interview, not on screen that he is a year younger but in the same year as the 15 year olds, but I don't know where the interview is. It does seem the only way for things to make sense with Cindy leaving and to have him in the same classes as the other teens.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,177
    Forum Member
    As said by others, they've done that so they can try and carry him off as Cindy's son but still have them interact with the current kids at School.

But do they even do that now, move kids ahead a year? They can't leave School any earlier can they due to the laws of needing to be in full time education until after your 16th birthday. Or has that rule changed?
  • solace2008solace2008 Posts: 1,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ik. Trying to remember the exact timings of when she left. Holly was born in 1997 and she stayed around a couple of years i think but left not long after Ben came in to go on the run as Holly had accidentally picked up an E at the Loft and she thought Social Services would take her away. I think it was 2000 and Mac certainly wasn't in the Village then.

So, depending on how old Alfie is meant to be, it might just be possible that he was conceived soon after she went to Spain.

As far as I remember around the time she was supposed to be pregnant with Alfie, she must've been two-timing her DJ boyfriend at the time Sean, who was occasionally violent towards her. She was with him from 1999 till about 2001, as Holly was 4 or 5 by that point.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,686
    Forum Member
    Good point about Holly being 4/5 then. Surely she would have some memory no matter how vague of her mum being pregnant? I know I remember stuff from that age.
    Forum Member
    As said by others, they've done that so they can try and carry him off as Cindy's son but still have them interact with the current kids at School.

But do they even do that now, move kids ahead a year? They can't leave School any earlier can they due to the laws of needing to be in full time education until after your 16th birthday. Or has that rule changed?

No. Kids don't get moved up or down a year.

Conversely, Craig repeated a year so he could be in the same classes as John-Paul, Justin and Sonny.

Neither Craig or Alfie's situations would happen in a UK school.

'Artistic license' at it's 'best'...

Actually, full time education has to end after your 18th birthday now, so Alfie has a long time to go in that school ;)
    Forum Member
    Good point about Holly being 4/5 then. Surely she would have some memory no matter how vague of her mum being pregnant? I know I remember stuff from that age.

My earliest memory is meeting my baby brother for the first time when I was 4 years old. Holly could have twigged that she was pregnant especially as it was supposedly just the two of them.
    Forum Member
    solace2008 wrote: »
    As far as I remember around the time she was supposed to be pregnant with Alfie, she must've been two-timing her DJ boyfriend at the time Sean, who was occasionally violent towards her. She was with him from 1999 till about 2001, as Holly was 4 or 5 by t point.

But apparently she hooked up with Mac in Spain, after she left Hollyoaks after running over Anna. The dates don't make sense at all.
  • pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJ Jimmy wrote: »
    No. Kids don't get moved up or down a year.

Conversely, Craig repeated a year so he could be in the same classes as John-Paul, Justin and Sonny.

Neither Craig or Alfie's situations would happen in a UK school.

'Artistic license' at it's 'best'...

Actually, full time education has to end after your 18th birthday now, so Alfie has a long time to go in that school ;)

There was a guy in my class in school that repeated 6th form. It wasn't Craig dean.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    just read on DS that cindy
    is Alphies mother

is this a massve retcon or is it actually plausible?

What nonsense Kirkwood has brought to the show :D:D

Someone suggested on here that this would be the next storyline and now it's happening. :D:D
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,177
    Forum Member
    There was a guy in my class in school that repeated 6th form. It wasn't Craig dean.

Yes, you were certainly allowed to repeat a year, or even the full A level course when I was at School if you wanted/needed better grades to go to University or had missed a lot of termtime for some reason - sickness usually.

So Craig repeating I don't have too much of a problem with.

But going forwards a year is much more unisual and as i say, legally problematical as even if intelligent enough to take exams early, they'd still have to stay on until after 16th (18th) birthday anyway. I supposed they'll just end up taking even more exams and effectively being in Year 12 2 years running.

My brothers school used to have everybody sit O levels at 15 rather than 16 (it was scholarship entrance only, everybody was very bright) but then they had 3 years of 6th form and took even more O levels during that year. So effectively, they took 12 o levels at 15, then another 6 at 16 (in the Lower 6th) before starting A levels at 16 (in the Middle 6th) and nobody could leave until after their 16th birthday. So, although they arguably were put ahead a year due to their intelligence, they still ended up graduating at the same age.

Sorry, gone really off topic there.

I suppose in some ways, his being in the wrong aademic year is the least of the problems with this storyline.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The one silver lining of this storyline is that Holly is comfortably over the age of 18 and Alfie is about... 14? So no chance of a surprise!incest storyline there.

Although do you know what, I wouldn't put ANYTHING past Berkwood.
    Forum Member

Sorry. I thought he repeated year 11. Thinking back he repeated the first year of sixth form.