The John and Edward Appreciation Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pithywitch wrote: »
    I am probably the only one on here that doesn't like Dan Priddy's work and,*whispers*, didn't like 'Lipstick'... I wish they wouldn't do another song written by him... sorry.

I think they're perfect for Eurovision though pithywitch : it's typical uptempo Scandinavian pop. I'm not sure he's the prime member of the songwriting team either....I'd hazard a guess that Jensen and Larsson write the bulk of the actual music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feline2011 wrote: »
    Did you see his classic "well we can't get the blame because if we get the blame then... we get the blame" line on Celebrity Wedding Planner
    hahaha loved that bit, I think his mouth is faster than his brain, love him :D
    rosemary wrote: »
    OMG Jedwards Dream Factory has been nominated for an IFTA :)

"In the popular Children’s/Youth category OMG! Jedward’s Dream Factory, fronted by Ireland’s renowned Grimes twins, has been nominated alongside a modern take on Oscar Wilde’s classic The Importance of Being Whatever, the original animated series Punky and the Emmy nominated The Amazing World of Gumball."

http://press.ifta.ie/press-releases/44-2012/114-ifta-announces-nominees-for-the-9th-annual-irish-film-a-television-awards.html

It'd be amazing if they'd win it, even though they couldn't go to the gala because they start their Irish tour that day.

The photoshoot thing sounds good, can't wait
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is fun. Take a look at these two videos of the same scene from the panto. The first clip is from opening night, the second clip is from closing night.

Over the weeks, the scene where the brothers put on their cow onesies and say goodnight goes from being about 30 seconds long to over two minutes! We mostly have the comedic energy of John to blame for this! :D
    OMG didn't know the second vid, can't stop laughing :D poor Jack was all "Shut up and go to bed John!" Brilliant
  • InVyInVy Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apropos cheeky cherubs, I loved it when Edward told Natalie to pull up her pants... hilarious... Natalie and Denise seem to be good sports about the whole thing. I loved it when Natalie told them to piss off when they said she had to pick her 'left side'.

he was trolling her big time - his ask to rub her nose she did but refused to do the same for John and he also said to her that was good that she was exercising clearly laughing at her weight) love Edward
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I think they're perfect for Eurovision though pithywitch : it's typical uptempo Scandinavian pop. I'm not sure he's the prime member of the songwriting team either....I'd hazard a guess that Jensen and Larsson write the bulk of the actual music.

It wasn't the uptempo scandopop that got me... it was the heavy chords on the intro, the repetitiveness, and da da dum. J&E carried that song to 8th with their personality and stage presence. On their album, the Priddy songs are my least favourite... I actually skip 'Distortion' every time it comes on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't the uptempo scandopop that got me... it was the heavy chords on the intro, the repetitiveness, and da da dum. J&E carried that song to 8th with their personality and stage presence. On their album, the Priddy songs are my least favourite... I actually skip 'Distortion' every time it comes on.

Oh, I really love Distortion. I have no problem if Priddy writes the song, what I don't really like is his voice and I wouldn't like him as a backing singer again
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have mixed feelings about Dan Priddy's solo compositions on Victory. I love DISTortion and Techno Girl, but I'm meh about Celebrity and Saturday Night.

But I love Lipstick - I think it's a work of pop perfection. So if the Priddy/Larssen/Jensen rumour is true, I'm sure the song will be a good match for both J&E and Eurovision! :D
  • InVyInVy Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no1clothes wrote: »

Edward liked old ladies and gays from the housemates))) this is too funny)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Just watching CWP and... awww bless them! :D

I love the dress they chose, and the wedding is working out to suit the bride soooo well !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0194l3g/Today_10_01_2012/

check out the Today programme - very serious political BBC 4 daily show

Jedward are mentioned 4 times between 2:29 and 2:39! - I love it.

I caught this while driving to work and thought I was imagining it -" have I become so obsessed with them that I'm thinking everyone else on the planet is obsessed with them too?" sort of thing!

check out 2:29, 2:33 2:36 and 2:39 if you don't want to listen to the whole thing
  • MarcPaulBMarcPaulB Posts: 4,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lindaw wrote: »
    Just watching CWP and... awww bless them! :D

I love the dress they chose, and the wedding is working out to suit the bride soooo well !

I think Beulah particularly is a bit of a character and willing to try anything, James will go along with whatever she wants. It was a good pairing with them and the twins and worked out well. On the facebook photos of the wedding she has commented about how much she enjoyed it and it was the best day of her life. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feline2011 wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0194l3g/Today_10_01_2012/

check out the Today programme - very serious political BBC 4 daiuly show

Jedward are mentioned 4 times between 2:29 and 2:39! - I love it.
    Thanks! They're definitely in everybody's heads :cool:
    I can imagine your shock while driving :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarcPaulB wrote: »
    I think Beulah particularly is a bit of a character and willing to try anything, James will go along with whatever she wants. It was a good pairing with them and the twins and worked out well. On the facebook photos of the wedding she has commented about how much she enjoyed it and it was the best day of her life. :)

Beulah has also been commenting on the Youtube clips and says that the twins were the best wedding planners ever. She mentions as well receiving rings with 'Jedward Forever' inscribed on them :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were excellent on CBB tonight :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baby Katy wrote: »
    They were excellent on CBB tonight :D

What did they do?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    howard_s wrote: »
    What did they do?

They became the voices of the Jedward "cherubs" in the garden and were giving Denise and Natalie instructions for their task :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was bored so I checked the CBB thread here on DS... is it always that full of haters? :cool:

Honestly the episode was boring as hell in the parts where the twins weren't appearing, but ofc I'm not following it this year so I don't know a 90% of the housemates lol

I loved that first scene of the twins with Emma Willis on the bits on the side
  • MarcPaulBMarcPaulB Posts: 4,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was bored so I checked the CBB thread here on DS... is it always that full of haters? :cool:

Yes...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    howard_s wrote: »
    What did they do?

They were telling housemates what to do, and when they were in the diary room Edward pretended that he had metal boobs while John told him to stop it and started laughing his head off :D The usual!

Honestly the episode was boring as hell in the parts where the twins weren't appearing, but ofc I'm not following it this year so I don't know a 90% of the housemates lol

I loved that first scene of the twins with Emma Willis on the bits on the side

Sadly, yes :(

I was really only watching tonight for them and when they weren't on it, it really was boring :p
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was really boring when the twins weren't on, but i don't really know who anyone but Sonia off eastenders is.
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    River_Tam wrote: »
    it was really boring when the twins weren't on, but i don't really know who anyone but Sonia off eastenders is.

Same here I only know Sonia...I won't be watching again after tonight...but it was nice to see the twins (our twins, not the new ones) on there tonight :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River_Tam wrote: »
    rosemary wrote: »
    Same here I only know Sonia...I won't be watching again after tonight...but it was nice to see the twins (our twins, not the new ones) on there tonight :)

And Frankie Cocozza surely? You're on the X Factor forum after all :D
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh yeah..I forgot him...butI I genuinely don't watch X Factor :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

hahaha Frankie is the only one I know, I can't recognize an English celeb to save my life.

LOL Emma Willis couldn't stop laughing while they were commenting the vids with her :D
This discussion has been closed.