No or Bad Signal - 9200

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
Forum Member
I have a problem with my 9200....

I record BBC1. I switch to any other channel and I get no picture. Just the message "No or bad signal". I can't honestly say if it's always done this or if it's a new thing.

Any suggestions? I have to say this box is proving a huge disappointment.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    No one? Do I need to phone Humax?
  • Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try doing a reset to default settings and see if that helps.
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the reply.

I defaulted the box and it hasn't helped. I can view all channels just fine with perfect picture quality. However, as soon as I record BBC1 for instance, the majority of the other channels show the "No or Bad Signal" message.

My signal shows 40% strength with 100% quality.
  • AxeVictimAxeVictim Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be one of the tuners has packed up.If its still in warranty fone humax.
    Forum Member
    OK will give them a buzz tomorrow :(
  • TimA-CTimA-C Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    Didn't you report having problems with some other PVR? If so, was it anything similar? TBH I can't imagine a problem outside of the Humax that could cause the problem you're describing so it probably is a duff unit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    This sounds similar to a problem I had a while back:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=567839

And one that somebody else had:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=583568

My problem seemed to go away on it's own. I have upgraded to the latest software version, but I've no idea if that had any effect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i had this once, a switch off at the back fixed it
    Forum Member
    TimA-C wrote: »
    Didn't you report having problems with some other PVR? If so, was it anything similar? TBH I can't imagine a problem outside of the Humax that could cause the problem you're describing so it probably is a duff unit.

No. I have a Tivo which has been faultless for nearly 10 years and we have a Digifusion that cost me about £40 or something which died and was replaced under warranty. Both work perfectly though...
    Ant2006 wrote: »
    This sounds similar to a problem I had a while back:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=567839

And one that somebody else had:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=583568

My problem seemed to go away on it's own. I have upgraded to the latest software version, but I've no idea if that had any effect.

Yep. PiP has never worked for me but I never really thought much of it to be honest. I've only really started using the Humax in anger for the past couple of months and have just cancelled my Tivo subs with a view to retiring it. Sadly, whatever the fault is with my Humax has really knocked my confindence in it.

Spoke to Cust Services and the guy was a bit of plank to be honest. Eventually he understood what was happening and agreed it sounded much like one of the tuners was failing. They've sent me the returns form to fill out so I will get it sent back ASAP and hopefully the replacement will work as it should.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    nordberg wrote: »
    They've sent me the returns form to fill out so I will get it sent back ASAP and hopefully the replacement will work as it should.

I'd be interested to hear what they do to fix it (they usually put comments on the repair form they send back).

Mine hasn't behaved like that for a long time, but I'm a bit concerned the problem could return, especially as my box is out of warranty!